The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Feb. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Wayne Jetski said:

To be honest we did not play bad as a team. To only have 3 goals against (a few of which were soft) is a testament to the group. Having a big goal from Bo or EP would’ve helped as would’ve a solid save or two but it is what it is. On to the next and hope the boys get healthy sooner than later. 

We were terrible offensively.

6 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

There is a belief that the other goaltender is better then Demko, the next game is winnable with Demko in net, but for this fan base I hope Green goes with the other goalie

The jury is still out on the new goalie. Let’s see what he has. Demko has crapped the bed with his chance. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Well if you don't count the stripper pole that was literally on the stage and Jlo was dancing on ....

Or Twitter going off and news sites all over the world talking about it as a raunchy strip show...

And still pics of Jlo doing splits while touching her own vagina ... too inappropriate imo so i won't provide a link but you can google it.

if those things don't count then OK it wasn't a strip show.

anyways.. Canucks will beat CBJ and come home .500. CBJ is injury ravaged..

I don't need to google it I watched it. You don't seem to understand what a strip show is. There needs to be stripping and nudity. Which this halftime show had none of.

Your kid asks to go to beach and I bet you're like nope there's too many exposed vaginas at those damn beaches. I don't think so.  Then you turn around and watch two half naked guys beat the $&!# out of each other and bleed all over each other and that's okay. unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

We'll never know Mr. Blunt....  now since you're a connoisseur of the physical brand of hockey, what did you think of today?  

I saw Roussel going in for some big hits finally, Myers too...  
JT and Toffoli were playing very feisty to begin the game.  I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that Toronto only has one guy that's not a pushover in Clifford, and not much else. 

It was decent for sure. Myers laying out Nylander later in the game was nice. I’d like them to apply it far more consistently. 

10 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

There is a belief that the other goaltender is better then Demko

It's a fact not a belief.  At least with respect to the here and now.  Demko is essentially still a developing prospect goalie.  He may get better than Markstrom.  He may get WAY better than Markstrom.  He's got the talent.  Whether he gets there is anybody's guess (nobody knows his floor).

6 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Exactly! Demko was playing well and I couldnt understand why Greener was riding Marky all the time. He deserved more starts but wasnt getting them and this is the result for keeping him cold. He should have kept both goalies going.

Coaches in the NHL typically play the hot goalie hand. And Marky has been that.

I am not saying I agree or disagree that Demko should have played more.

53 minutes ago, YungWee said:

Pettersson was horrible tonight. Not gonna win many games without Marky and #40 playing like that.

He's being doing the white powder to much of late. I know source close to him :ph34r:

Edited by kurtis

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm not surprised Roussel has been off. I remember ppl say b4 he returned that he may not regain form till next season, and I think we are seeing it. Just a tough injury. He still hits and battles down low, but in a perfect world he'd be on the 4th line. They should consider moving Sutter up.

I'd take Eriksson out, move Roussel to the 4th. Bring Big Mac in. Put one of Big Mac/Jake/Sutter in the top 6.

Loui can contain players and is alright down low, but nothing Sutter/Big Mac aren't capable of. He's not as fast as those two, can't shoot like those two, exc.

Ultimately your limiting the line with Eriksson there IMO.

If you limit the 4th line 5v5 time it could work.

Sutter should move to 3rd C and move Gaud to the wing. Move one of Gaud/Virtanen with Bo then move Motte up to third with Sutter and one of Gaud/Virtanen.

4th line should consist of Eriksson, Mac and Beagle.

Each of the bottom 6 lines have 2 guys who can play D. Motte would probably be better than Eriksson on 3rd because he is one of our best forecheckers and defenders.

• Cheers 1

Demko made some good saves. It was another horrible start but I thought he rebounded and played alright from there. The Gauthier shot had a bit of a screen.

The 3rd goal came at a bad time but that's a defenseman coming in alone from far out & getting his own rebound. I doubt other teams are letting Pettersson get through for the rebound.

Not expecting Domingue to be much better.

Bummer they lost to the leafs.. I thought they played a good game, not great but there are 2 teams on the ice and you aren’t going to dominate for 60 minutes. The soft goals killed any momentum they started the game with and then again at the beginning of the third. I disagree green will be fired, so many people pointing out the passengers on this team and the bad goaltending the past few games while at the same time blaming green. Doesn’t make much sense to me.

Can’t expect green to call the team out for the media to feast on, that would be a horrible way to act as a coach. Canucks did a very good job limiting the leafs chances but you NEED your goalie to make those easy saves and when they don’t it’s very hard to come back from. 

Ohwell I’m gonna move on and hope canucks make me forget about this one tomorrow. GCG

I'm still iffy on Green. He's done some great things for the culture of the team, but they're still so Jeckyll and Hyde. The defense in the Bruins win was really, really active on the puck and pressure. But they always go back to collapsing it seems. And the lines... they're just not clicking. Ericksson deployment continues to baffle and EP is not even average these days. Something's off.

19 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

this anti loui stuff is so extreme

i watched the game

the game was lost because of the nuck goalie

no other reason

3 softie goals

nuck team played well otherwise

loui was not an issue or a reason for any focus

This game weighs heavily on demko for sure. But I dont agree that we played well as a team. Toffoli was invisible. As was petey. LE was good defensively but just his regular old self offensively. Highes didnt have a good game offensivly till the 3rd. Rousell has been missing for a while now. 

9 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

How about no please.  We have no game to waste to develop a young goalie, we need to win now to get in...

How about a team needs to ensure that both the starter and the backup are properly acclimated and ready for gameplay?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Demko made some good saves. It was another horrible start but I thought he rebounded and played alright from there. The Gauthier shot had a bit of a screen.

The 3rd goal came at a bad time but that's a defenseman coming in alone from far out & getting his own rebound. I doubt other teams are letting Pettersson get through for the rebound.

Not expecting Domingue to be much better.

Don’t matter how good you play later...when you crap the bed you are playing the rest of the way in a crappy bed. The goal in the third wasn’t stellar either.