The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

10 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Arizona missed the playoffs 5 years straight under Tippett.. Vegas has a vastly superior roster to canucks. Not sure what you’re trying to get at with this. 

Some people just want to see others fail whether it’s warranted or not 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

They're all winnable games. They just have to play to win for a whole game. Like the cliche, 110% for 60mins.

Way too many half assed efforts

Fair point, and yeah it's gotten embarrassing. You think they'd come prepared and play harder with their season on the line, but we've been mediocre for like fifteen games now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Sad thing, I’m not convinced Green will be gone if we miss the playoffs, irregardless, if we miss or get in by one game does that make him worthy/ not worthy of keeping? He should have been gone a long time ago, the damage has been done.

Totally agree 

needed him gone before we picked up Toffoli 

now green wasted our season and we wasted a draft pick on Toffoli for a run that won’t happen 

• Wat 4

6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

What did Arizona have for talent? A broke team that spent nowhere near the cap yet was competitive energy night 

we are the other hand will not be making the playoffs for 3 straight years under Green amd die sing to the cap in all 3 years 

sad I need to silence it out for you 

face it, the damage has been done for yet another year and Green’s time is coming to an end 

Wait so canucks lacking talent is irrelevant because it fits your narrative but when Arizona misses the playoffs it’s because of lack of talent? You just said yourself a good coach makes it work with what he has to work with. 

Canucks didn’t have a lot of talent for greens first 2 years. Spending to the cap doesn’t necessarily mean you have a talented roster. This is arguably the first year he’s actually had something to work with. 

Edited by Petey40
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Down by the River said:

I'm not saying I disagree with you. I'm not saying I agree with you either. I'm saying that you've made the same point in the same way and now you're just redundantly spamming threads.

It’s a gdt thread 

I posted before last game that I am concerned we won’t be ready after a big win and we were not ready.. again 

that’s on the coach 

so how is taking about the coach not a gdt thread topic?

Green gives the guys the day off after losing 4 of 5? He rewards them? 

it makes me furious as a fan he just does not take this gig seriously or he is blatantly incompetent 

• Wat 2

4 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Wait so canucks lacking talent is irrelevant because it fits your narrative but when Arizona misses the playoffs it’s because of lack of talent? You just said yourself a good coach makes it work with what he has to work with. 

Canucks didn’t have a lot of talent for greens first 2 years. Spending to the cap doesn’t necessarily mean you have a talented roster. This is arguably the first year he’s actually had something to work with. 

Do I need to draw you picture? Seriously get with the program. Let’s try this one more time. Tippet put a competitive team together from a roster that was nowhere near the cap. He played a system 

our idiot coach has had zero system, unless you consider a fire drill a system, for 3 seasons and no playoffs. 

take tippet’s system to Edmonton and viola ... playoffs .. oh and where is green ?

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

It’s a gdt thread 

I posted before last game that I am concerned we won’t be ready after a big win and we were not ready.. again 

that’s on the coach 

so how is taking about the coach not a gdt thread topic?

Green gives the guys the day off after losing 4 of 5? He rewards them? 

it makes me furious as a fan he just does not take this gig seriously or he is blatantly incompetent 

Try learning to manage your emotions.

People are free to talk about whatever they want. I'm free to say that you're just basically saying the exact same thing on repeat and that's probably a good way to get people to tune you out. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Down by the River said:

Try learning to manage your emotions.

People are free to talk about whatever they want. I'm free to say that you're just basically saying the exact same thing on repeat and that's probably a good way to get people to tune you out. 

Yes then Follow your own advice 

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Do I need to draw you picture? Seriously get with the program. Let’s try this one more time. Tippet put a competitive team together from a roster that was nowhere near the cap. He played a system 

our idiot coach has had zero system, unless you consider a fire drill a system, for 3 seasons and no playoffs. 

take tippet’s system to Edmonton and viola ... playoffs .. oh and where is green ?

Come on dude you’re just pulling things out of nowhere now to fit your narrative.

2014-15 Arizona had 56 points.

2015-16 Arizona had 78 points 

2016-17 Arizona had 70 points

June 2017 Tippet is fired

2017-18 Arizona had 70 points

2018-19 Arizona had 89 points. 

In what world is 56 78 and 70 points a competitive team? Arizona was a horrible team dude, I watched Arizona games those years and they were just awful lol maybe green won’t take this team to the next level but maybe he will that remains to be seen. A new coach might not take the team there either, take Edmonton’s last 6 years as a prime example. But don’t pretend canucks had a good roster before this year. Plus the season isn’t over and they’re still in the hunt so the sky isn’t falling yet. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Definite crush you have, not that there is anything wrong with that 

No has a crush on green , okay maybe my grandma cause she likes older chubby guys......

everyone knows our coaching is questionable ......D system for sure and the PP but Green has made head way, heck he even used a time out the other game ha 

but this was Green's big test and unless he rights the ship, he will fail and I finally get to see hopefully an experience coaching staff that can actually help green.....

10 minutes ago, 6string said:

Vigneault has done wonders for Philly too.

AV was never the problem in Van.....also have you watched the flyers play this season?

its almost like having an experience staff helps a HC......

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1