The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why is next year different?

My expectations were that we could possibly be a playoff team this year. Next year was a must for me

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I guess we are so laid back out here that failure is an option.

Just realistic. But I always cheer for my team. Even the last few years when people wanting them to lose

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Same thing we have seen too often this season when we are struggling. Certain players try to do too much. Instead of being a hero, they lose positioning and give up the puck and out-manned chances.

They've done better when playing as a team and trusting each other. We are still in it.

Canucks win.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

I said Go dammit!!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

This is a winnable game if they show up and play hard, the Isles have been on and off lately and should be motivated to play hard. 

If they give up early period goals and wait til the last 10ish minutes or so to ramp up the pace they aren't winning. 

37 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

My expectations were that we could possibly be a playoff team this year. Next year was a must for me

Just realistic. But I always cheer for my team. Even the last few years when people wanting them to lose

I haven't lost sight of the fact I hoped they'd be a wildcard team this season.

I'm frustrated with them because they're playing flat and boring. Not enough jump. Not looking like a team committed to winning at costs.

Definitely not looking like a team on the bubble.

Disorganized, sloppy and tired.

Considering the position they were in a couple weeks ago, if they fail to make the playoffs I'm gonna be super pissed. I'm so tired of watching my team fail to achieve even the most modest of goals.

They've got to turn the corner now. Every player that wants to be on this team moving forward needs to play like they want to win more than anything else. I'm seeing too many guys just going through the paces and not playing to win at all costs.

Whatever Green and his stupid plugs are doing isn't working, we can all see it, yet they're not doing anything about it at all.

So damn tired of these guys losing all the time and playing like $&!# at a crucial time of year when every other team around them in the standings is pulling up their socks.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

Watching Raptors game right now.

Back to back games with travel, 3 key players missing, but still up 4 points in the 4-th quarter.

Why:

1. Coach Nurse knows how to motivate players to give 110% every game. They are playing without key players the whole season, but still 2nd in the East

2. Team plays the system that suits perfectly the roster.

I wonder if someone who has more hockey knowledge then I have , could coach Green system and ability to motivate players.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

This is a winnable game if they show up and play hard, the Isles have been on and off lately and should be motivated to play hard. 

If they give up early period goals and wait til the last 10ish minutes or so to ramp up the pace they aren't winning. 

They're all winnable games. They just have to play to win for a whole game. Like the cliche, 110% for 60mins.

Way too many half assed efforts

• Cheers 2

58 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Watching DeBoer’s system he has Vegas playing 

amazing 

we should have dumped Green and grabbed him 

DeBoer is an elite coach 

2-1 Edmonton over Vegas in the third  and without McDavid  so far

16 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I haven't lost sight of the fact I hoped they'd be a wildcard team this season.

I'm frustrated with them because they're playing flat and boring. Not enough jump. Not looking like a team committed to winning at costs.

Definitely not looking like a team on the bubble.

Disorganized, sloppy and tired.

Considering the position they were in a couple weeks ago, if they fail to make the playoffs I'm gonna be super pissed. I'm so tired of watching my team fail to achieve even the most modest of goals.

They've got to turn the corner now. Every player that wants to be on this team moving forward needs to play like they want to win more than anything else. I'm seeing too many guys just going through the paces and not playing to win at all costs.

Whatever Green and his stupid plugs are doing isn't working, we can all see it, yet they're not doing anything about it at all.

So damn tired of these guys losing all the time and playing like $&!# at a crucial time of year when every other team around them in the standings is pulling up their socks.

Can’t deny your passion mister. If this seasons history has proven anything we like to go on slumps and winning streaks. We are due for one of those right about now.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Funny how we go on a little skid and Canucks fans change the tune as opposed to a few weeks ago. Gotta stop acting like there’s only 2 or 3 games left and we gotta win all of them to have a chance at getting in and realize there’s 14 and we have games in hand.  

Yeah, talk about a bunch of babies. Lose a couple games where we could maybe have 4-6 more points but are still in the hunt with just as much chance as anyone and these so called fans are throwing in the towel. This is exactly what being a fan is about, riding on the edge of your seat while your team is in a dogfight with only a few games remaining ... but yeah just talk about how done we are and don't even watch the games.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Can’t deny your passion mister. If this seasons history has proven anything we like to go on slumps and winning streaks. We are due for one of those right about now.

Due is a matter of effort and team work.

They're not due for anything but more losses if they keep taking giant dumps on the ice.

Dzone play is like a damn fire drill ffs.

Ok. Eye twitching is back. 

• Haha 1