The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nova Scotia shooter dead after killing 22 people/CDN Govt "assault style" weapons ban.

nuckin_futz

4 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Except a large amount of people have no idea what they supporting.  I mean does this look like a "military-style assault weapon"?

M14 Series Rifles Mod Request - FORUMS - Armaholic

But what good does this comment do? If you're trying to convince me to support gun ownership thats  not a great place to start. 

• Wat 1

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

But what good does this comment do? If you're trying to convince me to support gun ownership thats  not a great place to start. 

Just out of genuine curiosity Jimmy, is your mind made up about gun ownership or is there hypothetically an argument that could be made that would change your mind?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So is the idea that handguns also be stored at a range that far off?  e.g., it closes the loop on theft, people using at home on their spouses, etc. and as you point out its the only place they're supposed to be used anyway. 

Uh....how?

You know business Break and Enters are through the roof right now with all normal people staying home and just the criminals are out.

Come on....:picard:

8 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I have no problem with that. I just want to see a simple list of what you own in an RCMP database. I don't think thats too much to ask to go online, input your PAL # and write in what you own, if the balance is you get to be a collector. Or have the gun store owner do it for you at the time of purchase. 

If we're talking about bringing in actual controls to our gun laws, that means we need to be able to close the loop on sales. You can't know fully where all illegal guns are coming from without it. 

Yeah..and some posters may want to see what weird play toys you own? Or what internet sites you visit....etc etc.

You can say close the loop all you want when the sentences you say them in don't even make sense.

Oh..and by the way...the FOIPPA protects your privacy so no....you can't just go online and see whatever anyone else is doing. Your arguments are ridiculous.

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Nobody needs to convince someone like you.

This OIC will fail. 

2 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Three and a half long years till that derp is out and the conservatives are back. 

Not unless they back off from their bigoted social policies and put forward a candidate who's electable in a civilized country.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not unless they back off from their bigoted social policies and put forward a candidate who's electable in a civilized country.

A bigot is someone who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. If you’re going to lump the conservatives in that group then you have to throw that label on the liberals as well. But to extend and olive branch Scheer was the wrong candidate and I agree they can do better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This story doesn't really have anything to do with the Nova Scotia shootings, or the AR ban, but it underscores why Canadians (outside of a few outliers) would never support the kind of lax regulations that they have in the US:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/michigan-security-guard-mask-killing-trnd/index.html

this is the issue with giving people easy access to and the right to carry a firearm whenever they want. they use them, even in situations that call for a middle finger, or a sharp word....

BTW: I'm betting the shooter was "law abiding".....before he killed the security guard....<_<

Man, that is a messed up story. 

13 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

A bigot is someone who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. If you’re going to lump the conservatives in that group then you have to throw that label on the liberals as well. But to extend and olive branch Scheer was the wrong candidate and I agree they can do better. 

Never good to run a american candidate in a canadian election.   Unbelievable dumb political  party management.......

Not to mention running a candidate that wants to reduce rights for women.

Edited by kingofsurrey

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Never good to run a american candidate in a canadian election.   Unbelievable dumb political  party management.......

Not to mention running a candidate that wants to reduce rights for women.

You make it sound as if he's not a Canadian citizen, is that what you believe?

2 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

You make it sound as if he's not a Canadian citizen, is that what you believe?

Well, Scheer is an American citizen (which he lied about) but I believe what KOS meant is the CPC tried to run what Canadians perceive to be an American-style politician.

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

A bigot is someone who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. 

Hmmm....

I guess reading this thread we appear to have mine of those in our midst.

Guys, right?  Guys?