The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks exploring possibility of trading Brock Boeser

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I am........he might not be a better offensive player, but he's comparable.  He is, however, a far more complete player than BB and that's what I measure a player by.........how does he impact the game in all three zones?

That’s a fair take and I agree. 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

it's not like Toffoli is some unknown guy..........Canucks fans are well acquainted with what Toffoli brings to the table

Are Canucks fans? Toffoli was a healthy Scratch earlier this season on a bad Kings team. Toffoli is super streaky he goes tons of games getting zero points. Toffoli has the potential to be another Loui E contract.

also Markstrom Seattle expansion? Demko? 

My point why is Brock the click bait trade guy.....other then click bait.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

He had 15 points in 16 games when injuries hit this roster. Is he a point per game guy? No, but he brings points regularly as well as physicality. Especially when he plays with good players. I don't see how people expect him to produce 50+ points with guys like Beagle, Roussel, and Sutter as his linemates. Gaudette is okay, but lacks any sort of defensive game and faceoff skills to make that line work regularly. People are unbelievably hard on a guy that was on pace for 40+ points 20+ goals playing 13 minutes a game. That seems pretty good, if not great, scoring for a 3rd liner that also lays the body and mixes it up in scrums. 

I'm aware but all season before Brock was hurt Jake wasn't in our top 6. To me the coach doesn't trust him in that spot unless its forced upon him. We also traded quite a bit for a rental when we really should have been just riding the wave aka season out and go from there.

I like Jake, but he can't be the leader of his own line (3rd line) and coach doesn't seem willing or happy with his game to allow him proper top 6 minutes.

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

So your just going to side step your contradiction...?

I think it's safe to say that unlike fans, NHL GM's are well aware of 'intangibles' and would value Jake at pretty much what he's actually worth. Which, as a young, club controlled, physical, exceedingly fast, 40+ point (with more ceiling), (if inconsistent) middle 6 F, developing 2 way F with a solid shot, would have plenty of value.

We're fortunate to have a replacement waiting in the wings in Podkolzin that makes Jake somewhat expendable.

That Boeser has more value (and unlike Jake, we don't have a replacement for) speaks to exactly why he's not the one to aim to move IMO.

I'd say Podkolzin makes Boeser expendable, more than Jake.  If JB plays his cards right he might get Jake at a bargain over a long enough turn that he turns into a steal of a deal.

I don't get what makes BB irreplaceable over other wingers, like Jake and TT.  Toffoli was at 24 goals this year, and probably would have ended somewhere in the 27iah range, right around Brock's career high.  Jake likely would have ended up in the 23-25 range........Boes in the 18-20 range.  What makes Boeser so irreplaceable?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say Podkolzin makes Boeser expendable, more than Jake.  If JB plays his cards right he might get Jake at a bargain over a long enough turn that he turns into a steal of a deal.

I don't get what makes BB irreplaceable over other wingers, like Jake and TT.  Toffoli was at 24 goals this year, and probably would have ended somewhere in the 27iah range, right around Brock's career high.  Jake likely would have ended up in the 23-25 range........Boes in the 18-20 range.  What makes Boeser so irreplaceable?

I say Podkolzin makes Toffoli expendable not Brock.

plus not having a Toffoli cap hit will be huge. Toffoli was Kings dead weight til he got a outside game hat trick. That week Jimbo signed him.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

So your just going to side step your contradiction...?

I think it's safe to say that unlike fans, NHL GM's are well aware of 'intangibles' and would value Jake at pretty much what he's actually worth. Which, as a young, club controlled, physical, exceedingly fast, 40+ point (with more ceiling), (if inconsistent) middle 6 F, developing 2 way F with a solid shot, would have plenty of value.

We're fortunate to have a replacement waiting in the wings in Podkolzin that makes Jake somewhat expendable.

That Boeser has more value (and unlike Jake, we don't have a replacement for) speaks to exactly why he's not the one to aim to move IMO.

I'm not sure what contradiction you're talking about........that Jake is more valuable to the roster than the return he'd bring in a trade?

I agree that scouts and GM know how to spit intangibles, obviously.  However, scouts and GMs, unless they are specifically targetting a player, might watch one Canucks game a month, maybe two.  To truly understand the impact those intangibles have on a game and on the team, you need to watch every shift and know what you're looking for.

For me (and granted I'm obviously a JV fan, but I'm also objective and have a good eye) there are very few shifts where Jake doesn't make some kind of impact.  Often it's small things you can't quantify, sometimes it points and sometimes it's something not so positive.  However, he's always noticeable.

To me, his value to the roster is much more than you can quantify on a stats sheet.  Additionally, those intangibles don't cost a gm much cap space on the context of what that player provides to the roster.  Jake is more valuable to the Canucks roster than what he would bring back in a trade, and if I can swing a good deal with Jake, that might be more important than ever in the next 3 years.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, HOFsedins said:

Larkin is a 1C. Where does he fit? Not sure if your trolling or just didnt put much thought into the proposal

He has played wing in his past, there is no one in Detroit to push him to become a winger as they have very little depth down the middle since he’s joined them and also I’ve been around 13 years That’s 9 longer here than you have so you don’t have the rights to be calling me a troll, it’s a hockey trade I feel can benefit us imo, no need to be rude we are all cheering for the same team 

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

Podkolzin doesn't play anything like Boeser.

He does however do a lot of the same things Jake does (minus the elite speed).

Boeser is a 1st line, 1 shot scorer with high character. That's what.

• Thanks 1