The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 04, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So I guess we’ll be seeing MacEwan and Gaudette next game. 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Eriksson

Virtanen Sutter MacEwan

Motte Beagle Gaudette 

Good thing we had 15 forwards. We’re going through them pretty quickly.

Agree with your lines if Roussel can't go. Hopefully Roussel is able to tho. 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

fully agree greeens a pos  looking forward to him being fired 

Green's a piece of $&!#?  You need to have your head checked or maybe lay off the drinks on game days a bit.  

26 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Fiala is right up in Markstrom’s kitchen, and making a mess.   He has Markys number.   
Marky is back to his old ways of letting in at least 1 bad goal a game.  

Petterson is showing he won’t take being pushed around and I love it.   
It’s a great change from the ‘let’s bend over and hope to get them back on the power play’ that we used to have to watch from the previous Swedish regime.  

Bo was OK.    I’m still waiting for that big game changer from him.   

Myers.   Wtf dude?  3 penalties is a no no. 

Real talk thank you! I thought all 3 goals were savable. No traffic clear line of sight, were any even deflections?

Its Demko time. We think its OK to drop guys like Guadette and Virtanen to keep the team competitive why not

the goalie position as well? 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 6

"Our young guys were good that first game. We talked about things that had to improve for us to win. I thought everyone raised their game tonight. We evened it up tonight and it's getting funner as we go... Funner's probably not the right word but I'll use it. More fun, how's that?" - Green

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

I don't think Gaudette is ready defensively to be a third line centre on a playoff-calibre team; however, with the injury to Toffoli, Gaudette's offensive instincts might look good on Horvat's wing. 

For the bottom six, Eriksson, Sutter, and Virtanen could be a good defensive line and Motte, Beagle, MacEwen could bring some physicality (in the event Ferland and Roussel are not able to play in Game 3).

I have always stated Gaudette has the makings to be a solid winger.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I'm personally tired of the games Green plays.

Remember when he benched Boeser for the 1st 2 games of his rookie season,  because he said he didnt think he was ready,  then Brock goes on to have one of the greatest rookie seasons in franchise history.

Green doesnt know ****.  He thinks hes smart as a whip but the guy plays games and isnt consistent with all the players.  Jake has to play by a completely different set of rules than anyone else on the team, or else he gets severely punished.  Its ridiculous.

Jake contributes more that 3/4 of this roster.  The kid is blossoming into what we hoped he would be when we drafted him.  Green needs to let him go and cut the crap out.

I believe Boeser played every preseason game in his rookie year and earned a spot on the team. I don't remember Green saying he thought he wasn't ready, but it seemed more like a break/reward for a great preseason.

If Jake is contributing more than 3/4 of this roster, then perhaps Green has been developing him the right way. I haven't heard Jake complain yet.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Well unless they are being overly conservative with a sprain, he ain't coming back till mid round 2. 

We also thought Boeser was done for the season and possibly into the 1st round, which is why we made the trade in the first place. Assuming we get as far as round 2, adding a rested Toffoli at that time of the year which be a nice bonus addition.

• Cheers 2