The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 06, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

32 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Marky first playoff SO

EP first playoff goal

QH 3 assists

BB continue his inspired play.

Can clinch official playoff berth tomorrow

i am glad Boeser is back with Petterson, that where he belongs!

• Like 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

16 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

If Green started Louie over Ferland everyone would've lost their crap.  Just saying.

Disagree. I’m still not sold on him on the second but if it isn’t broken don’t fix it. Why would anyone expect Ferland to come in and do big things anyways. That’s more of a concern to me. 

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

Guys who deserve some recognition today who’ve been under scrutiny from the fans and some who dont receive enough acknowledgement

1. Roussel - an absolute warrior and played with a ton of heart. 

2. Sutter - played an outstanding 200ft game and had tons of chances. 

3. Motte - a perfect game. Blocked tons of shots, moved fast and was hard on the forecheck

4.Eriksson - played an excellent game 5v5 and has proven he isnt worthless when he isnt scoring

The star players of this team were stars today. 

Tippin my hat to Markstrom for a shutout and great rebound control. But lets also thank our D-zone coverage/system that allowed Marky to see the shots coming and blocking countless shots.

The bigger story within the story, Boeser with the GWG on the anniversary of losing his best friend. The boys are with ya Boeser

Standing ovation for the whole team... minus a few unnecessary penalties taken by Virtanen and Meyers.

A healthy Sutter is a fun player to watch. Not sure how they band-aided him to this point, he looked like warm poop in the Winnipeg game but maybe he was just taking it easy. Looked great today.

I'm really happy for Loui, nice to see him make a real impact this series. 

Anyone have the tweets handy where Sekeres was complaining about the Motte for Vanek deal? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

"Gotta be, hard not to be pleased. So much talk about our team over the last 4 months. About our deficiencies in the defensive game. Gotta give our team a lot of credit for playing the way you need to play in the playoffs... They're buying in." - Green on not allowing 5-on-5 goal

• Cheers 2

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

Ok dont want to see you hate on him when he takes same penalties against teams that will capitalize on their PPs. 

When he wasn't taking penalties he was good. Those dumb penalties cost teams important playoff games though

He had a crosscheck last game that was weak as s***, and his 2nd penalty today was lame ass as well. Obviously I don't want to be on the PK all night, but what the hell do you propose exactly? Pulling him for who that is going to body up for the minutes that he's eating right now?

• Huggy Bear 4