The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 06, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Producers fault. He knows how much time left to commercial break and he puts the call thru...

The producer was cought napping there but they've been on air since 10am. So its understandable if they're getting a bit tired and not fully on the ball...

That makes sense and totally makes Sat and Shaw look bad.  

This Rob guy on right now has rose coloured glasses on. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IDK about that. Youngsters were slow game 1. Wild cashed in early on the PP and got to play with the lead. Scored an ugly one Marky would like back. Stalock played great Virtanen hasn't contributed to much so far compared to everyone else.

Even with the lineup we have now we probably lose. We were slow and Wild had puck luck and PP luck.

Main reason we've won the last 2 games is because the PK has been great and allowed the rest of the team to regain form. 5v5 Marky has been good as well. Mainly PK has given us momentum.

Nerves of the first playoffs with a young core probably got to them. I believe we had like 8 players playing their first playoff game.

The fact the team has grown from it rather than crumble is a testament to the players and the coaching staff.

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I have no issues rolling with this lineup moving forward. They played very good D, they were physical, the Canucks seem to be finding their groove, maybe even a little swagger? They look a lot better than Game 1, which is encouraging. Even with the injuries, this team is good.

I wondered at first "where's Pettersson?", he a pretty invisible early, but he came alive as the game went on. Hughes is a phenom, we're so lucky to have him. Really happy for Roussel and Markstrom. Great win. 

The Wild shut us down huge in the first 10 minutes. None of our top 6 could get an inch of free ice.

Just now, Green Building said:

The Wild shut us down huge in the first 10 minutes. None of our top 6 could get an inch of free ice.

I feel like them having the match up advantage played a part of that. Took our players a bit to adjust. They also played better too so credit them.

We will need to come out better in game 4. They will be coming out harder than today.

Hartman deserves a beating that Matheson should've gotten once we play them in the regular season for that hit on Petey. that hit could've ended really badly the way his Petey's back was bent. 

Sutter sucked in game 1 but redeemed himself these past two games. He was was surprisingly physical and great response to Markstrom getting shoved.

I didn't mind all of Myers penalties lol he's playing like i want him to be, a big physical Dman. He's making life difficult for the Wild forwards, that hit on Parise was a good penalty, that guy deserved it after the hit on Petey last game. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

If Suter can’t go for the Wild tomorrow, we have to get an early jump on them and keep the pedal to the metal. No way Evason lets them go apesh1t on our young stars if it’s gonna cost them. They will be playing a much tamer game IMO. That’s when we let Sutter finish of Fiala and crush their dreams. 

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I feel like them having the match up advantage played a part of that. Took our players a bit to adjust. They also played better too so credit them.

We will need to come out better in game 4. They will be coming out harder than today.

Oh definitely, I hate the team but they played a fantastic game and series till this point. 

Marky getting better each game too, and that's going to help us tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Stech with the crosscheck high and Sutter driving him like that..

Can't believe Sutter didn't get a penalty.. Fiala started it so it's hard to let Minny come out of that with a PP but Sutter deserved 2 mins for sure.. 

EP got one earlier where he didn't deserve it so these things usually even out.. 

Great response by Canucks..

No they don't... didn't you get the memo?  The refs are out to get us

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Knucklehd said:

Poor guy can't win.  Doesnt play physical, not worth his money.  Plays mean playoff hockey, something we desperately need, and he still isn't doing it right.  Some of those were weak calls too.  I'll take those penalties with that physicality every game.

Especially when the refs were calling everything. Might as well make them worth your while and really hammer those guys. And the way our PK was dialed in all game. 

I know they won but that game was so bunk.  Way too many penalties on both sides, Hartman should get supplemental discipline for that hit on Petey.  Glad I was able to watch it at work unimpeded but that better be the last day game.