The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Aug. 06, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

Does anyone think it is a coincidence that as soon as Jake Virtanen is injected into the lineup we start owning this series ? 

a little, its the 6-40-9 change thats been the big one, but Jake has done OK. I wouldn't put him on the effort level of the others but he's held his own for the time he's been given. 

• Cheers 4

Just now, Chicken. said:

Does anyone think it is a coincidence that as soon as Jake Virtanen is injected into the lineup with start owning this series ? 

I don't think he's had much of an impact at all. To say that would be to take away from the things that have actually contributed to the series

It has mostly been the PK keeping our team afloat while the youngsters/team find their feet. In Marky's own words, the PK has been unbelievable. Also Marky has been good 5v5 and is a part of that PK.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Man, the amount of penalties was insane that game! There were some chances by the Wild by Marky seemed to have the angle on them and covered rebounds really well. He was the steady Marky that's been carrying us in the regular season, as good as he's ever been. Also, I like how after having such a ridiculous wait for his first shutout in the regular season, he gets his first shutout in playoff hockey in 3 games!

The Canucks honestly could have had 2 more goals. At the very least, that Bo Horvat chance that got gloved by Stalock was insane. Like there was nothing but net and the glove on that shot, so many ways that could have gone in. That was a tough go to get that first one, but it's what I thought it might take to beat him, getting the rebounds. Our best players are being our best players these last couple games, incredible the way Hughes just plays like a veteran all star in his first go in NHL playoff hockey. Great to see Petey get his cannon of a shot off again, Hughes plus Petey on a 2 on 1 is about as deadly a combination as you could get. Really happy to see Brock getting some goals and love. Rooster's goal felt Burrowsesque to me.

Penalty Kill came up huge, there's no way we're going to kill 7 every night, but keeping them from getting any momentum on the PP was crucial to winning this game. Loved the protection that was coming up, felt anytime someone was getting targeted, guys were sticking up for each other, loved the tackling when the guys were harassing Marky. Let's keep it going, hopefully they can have their best game yet tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"That's not surprising. Guys are going to stick up for their teammates. It's part of the game." - Green on Sutter and Stecher sticking up for Markstrom

makes me wonder if the boys were saving this for the playoffs at certain times this year. Its sure nice to see it now. 

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Anyone who thinks Green sucks is stupid. He's a great coach.  It's hard to accept people are good sometimes. 

every coach has their annoying quirks. But the way this  team plays hard for each other is all culture and thats a big credit to Green for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Bo Horvat could've had atleast one goal if not two. He was solid, as was Pearson, Sutter, Eriksson. Hard to find someone who didn't play well.

Jake was kinda invisible at times, but due to penalties I don't think he was getting out there consistently. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian