The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (8) Chicago Blackhawks | Golden Knights win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Blackhawks in 4
    • Blackhawks in 5
    • Blackhawks in 6
    • Blackhawks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/13/2020 at 09:30 PM

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (8) Chicago Blackhawks | Series tied 0-0
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (8) Chicago Blackhawks | Golden Knights lead series 1-0

I like new teams doing well as it helps solidify a fan base and Hopefully stops instability and then moving later on.

same with Seattle I hope they do well from a rival perspective ( but not as good as nucks ) However I think the system used for the entry draft made them a bit to strong. Seattle might not be as good as some GMs would have seen the errors they made in deals prior to Vegas, however with flat cap who knows.  

• Vintage 2

On 8/9/2020 at 6:28 AM, skolozsy2 said:

I'll be rooting for my Hawks, but I still think Vegas in 6....probably 5.  With Keith, Matta, De haan and Murphy the Hawks were able to neutralize the top heavy Oilers.  Vegas has much more depth at forward and a heavier forecheck, its gonna be a far more difficult challenge on the Hawks defense. I also fear an entire series facing Ryan Reaves, he could easily end someone's playoffs with one big hit.

Unfortunately I think you are right, LVK in 6 is my prediction.

I hated RR when he played for the Blues.
He does have decent hockey skills which typically are lacking for the 4th line plugs.

7 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Unfortunately I think you are right, LVK in 6 is my prediction.

I hated RR when he played for the Blues.
He does have decent hockey skills which typically are lacking for the 4th line plugs.

I don't necessarily hate RR, I just hate playing against him.  Like you said,, he's not bad...there are far worse players than him.  And he is able to bring an element severely lacking on the Hawks.  To be honest, I wouldn't mind having him on our team, it would be nice to have a little heft backing up Kane, Cat, Dach, and Boqvist.

Looking like we will get the Avs next round if we manage to beat the Blues. This team has a cup run in it as long as we avoid the Knights. Might have to root for the Flames to pull off the upset against them while we try and fend off the Avs.

Avalanche will be tough but I feel like we would have a chance. I really dont like our odds against Vegas. Their team is just too damn deep, and Seattle will probably be just as good as them in 2 years. Scary thought

23 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Looking like we will get the Avs next round if we manage to beat the Blues. This team has a cup run in it as long as we avoid the Knights. Might have to root for the Flames to pull off the upset against them while we try and fend off the Avs.

Avalanche will be tough but I feel like we would have a chance. I really dont like our odds against Vegas. Their team is just too damn deep, and Seattle will probably be just as good as them in 2 years. Scary thought

I doubt it about seattle.

Vegas took the world by surprise, I feel most teams will be more prepared for the expansion draft this time around.

4 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I doubt it about seattle.

Vegas took the world by surprise, I feel most teams will be more prepared for the expansion draft this time around.

I do think there will be some Learning but there will be some desperate GMs that will do something stupid, plus flat cap makes side deals more likely with Seattle.

I expect they will have an okay team to start but wouldn’t be surprised to see them loaded with draft picks in a couple of seasons 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (8) Chicago Blackhawks | Golden Knights lead series 2-0