The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 14, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

I think you are knowledgeable about this topic. I also think that no ref should exclusively ever ref one series.  From peewees on up certain refs have certain points of view about certain teams. Its human nature. 

So  the league has to rotate the refs.  But there is no league mandated screw the Canucks rule for the refs to follow. Sorry but that's fans worrying.

My point remains we have a new team and a new era and these guys don't care about the reffing as an excuse. We have toughness and strong individual talent on this team. We don't have the sedins any more. Lets get behind these guys. They can be every bit as tough as other teams and don't need to worry about the bloody refs to be winners.

Time for the fans to turn the page and get nasty toward the opposition not whiny toward the refs.

There is no conspiracy to screw the Canucks but the refs did get a yelling from the Blues after last game where the refs were less forgiving of their hack and slash style.
The refs today are definitely scared to call penalties on Blues as they would be called biased against the Blues even if their team deserved penalties for dangerous cross-checks.

The problem is this, they don't call it consistently between refs and they are easily swinged and cave to pressure cause they are scared to be called biased which combined usually results in them being biased.

Watch for us getting more pp next game after Benning goes yelling at them in the morning.

6 hours ago, Justdean10 said:

Yeah if he was making 3 million, I think the hate on him would be much less. He doesn't make too many mistake and I see him making some great plays SH. 5-0 with him so I'm not sure we can complain too much. 

I actually think that having Eriksson and Pearson on his wings, lets Horvat explorer his offensive powers even more than normal. 
But man do I feel for Eriksson... It wasn’t his best game of the play offs, but as part of the pk that just went 1/6 I think he deserves another go. . Could he  just put one of his chances on front of goal, it would get the monkey of his back.... have a feeling Toffoli would have burried at least one of them...
Toffoli may enter on Bos wing.... maybe... wasn’t too impressed with Toff i game 1 v Wild.... but that may have been due to injury. 

Edited by spook007
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

Yup, terrible officiating. The Refs basically carried the Blues on their backs and they still lost. I don't think Ive seen a game where the opposing team is gifted PP after PP, wins a challenge that prevents a goal, and wins a challenge that leads to a goal, all in one game

Easy come easy go, as they say.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Allowing the refs to continue to rig games is also useless.   The league caved to pressure last year and finally held O'Halloran accountable; it's our duty as fans to be turning up op the heat on the league to attempt to have these criminals sent home, preferably for good.  Repeated misconduct from crooked referees is not acceptable and it's irresponsible to pretend that it is.

Please elaborate.

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“No update on Myers. He was unfit to play. I got no explanations on any of the calls tonight.“ - Green on Myers

“I got no explanation on any of the calls tonight.” I guess when your work is undefendable, you don’t defend it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Law of Goalies said:

The amount of penalties we are taking, Eriksson could rest a bit more especially when we had the lead and also especially we need Eriksson and company in the dying seconds. It's ice time management.

Well then, maybe management is making a point with regard to what they expect from players. As I recall, Bo also made a point to Virtanen regarding Virtanen’s attitude.

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Exactly what I thought too. And I don't even know that he's been used much on the PK either. (Maybe I'm drawing a blank again?).

He's not bad down low but he doesn't bring much. Maybe he's gotten complacent, it seems like when he first gets into the lineup he plays really well, then fades as time goes on.

This may be as close to the truth, as it gets...

8 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Motte has been great. Stetcher is flying out there. Loui is doing all the little things right, making it easier for Bo to do his thing.

Actually, most guys have upped their game. Tanev’s finding that offensive gear we didn’t know he had. Even Myers is being smarter physically. 

Virtanen is probably the only guy I would say hasn’t risen to the occasion. Just as we’re giving credit where it’s due, we have to hold those who are just riding the team’s coattails accountable. 

That's why if Toffoli becomes available to play I see him slotting into that 3rd line. Gives Green another line he can trust defensively because Tofu/Sutter are defensively responsible whereas Sutter with Roussel/Virtanen can't be trusted as much.

56 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Greeners not gonna breakup the top 2 lines. Toffoli slots into the 3rd line until one of the top 2 lines get cold. But will slot back into the top pp unit. Were firing on all cylinders with the addition of Toffoli, this team can make some serious noise in the playoffs!

I'd say Toffoli would slot back in on the top line. 5v5 the topline has been shutdown by the Blues so far. 

3 minutes ago, shazzam said:

I'd say Toffoli would slot back in on the top line. 5v5 the topline has been shutdown by the Blues so far. 

That's due to match up advantages The Blues had in first 2 games. I don't see much changing if Tofu was there. Blues can shut you down when they got ROR on your ass.

Just keep them the same and put Tofu on the 3rd if he's healthy. We will have the advantage during the next 2 games.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

What domination by Bo over these last to games.  

He's built for the playoffs. 

He’s got some real fire in him right now. Our other young, top six centre has acquitted himself well also. Gaudette needs another year of curing, but it has been coming. There is a promise of great, young depth at pivot for Vancouver. I really like that these centres have taken t on themselves to be complete players - unlike some of the stars on another Canadian team that shall remain unnamed.