The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues game 5 | Aug. 19, 2020, 7:30pm | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

cuporbust

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I haven't gotten two face cards in three Poker Stars games in a row. If that isn't good luck I don't know what is. Well not for me but for us.

You should watch the Super Bowl episode of Its Alway Sunny in Philadelphia, it explains sports superstitions perfectly.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Hope Green mixes up the lines. We can’t create anything 5 on 5. Re-unite Horvat and Boeser and throw Jake on the top line and watch him finally wake up. We need more speed and energy, our forecheck has disappeared. I’d swap Eriksson for Gaudette even tho Loui’s been good defensively. Juolevi’s quick breakouts and transition game could also be very helpful.

I’d try

Pearson-Pettersson-Virtanen

Miller-Horvat-Boeser

Roussell-Gaudette-Sutter

Motte-Beagle-MacEwan

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Juolevi-Benn

2 big bodies with great shots who can open up space for Petey.

I agree,I think icing the same line up is a fail waiting to happen. It always wakes the players up. The last game In the 3rd when Jake jumped up with Bo I saw way more jump from that line, shake it up let the guys know they need to wake up. Won tonight and they’ve blown any expectations out of the water and have a good chance to beat the Champs

Just now, Silky mitts said:

My friend has been studying voodoo videos since last game for this moment . ROR is the target let’s see if it works. 

We may or may not be hammered already 

I made cabbage rolls;

During the regular season we won 3 before losing when I made burgers, lost the first game when I made soup, and went 4 before losing when I made cabbage rolls.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Miller works for CSNBC who are doing the American broadcasts.....it was him.

He's just not the same without Pierre McGuire but I miss the days when TSN had the rights and they did a few of our games, playoff games iirc.

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

He's just not the same without Pierre McGuire but I miss the days when TSN had the rights and they did a few of our games, playoff games iirc.

Actually, McGuire and Miller do sometimes broadcasts together on CSNBC but for these playoffs Miller is in the Eastern bubble and McGuire in the Western bubble.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

I tried doing that last time but it didn’t help at all -especially getting up the next day 3 hours later.   Tonight my wife banned me from staying up so guys and gals enjoy the game ... instead will get up like it’s Christmas morning and probably start watching it at 4:00am.  

Whipped GIF by memecandy

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I would really like to see what he can do in the playoffs. If he doesn't perform then fine, move on from him but I would hate to lose him and then he goes on to succeed because we didn't get a chance to see what he can really do. 

Give him instruction to skate hard, hit and create havic in front of the net and create room for Petey or Bo or whoever. 

If he fails, then so be it. 

Making him sit is fine in the minors but in the big leagues he is an asset that I would hope they would want to see if they want to invest in him or not. Give him some rope and see if he sinks or swims I say.

I don't know what happened during the shut down, but he looks like a different player than he was in reg season, and not in a good way. 

Maybe I just expected the playoffs to really put the spotlight on him using his size and speed to completely disrupt our opposition every time he hits the ice, but he hasn't looked all that dangerous anywhere. 

I just want him to play like he's got something to prove and show everyone who doubts him what he's capable of.

I've been preaching patience with Jake for ages, and I guess I'm just disappointed because I feel like he's taken a step backwards in the playoffs. He's not taking the bull by the horns and changing game.. I may have set myself up for disappointment, but I really expected Jake to excel in playoff style play.

Just now, luckylager said:

I don't know what happened during the shut down, but he looks like a different player than he was in reg season, and not in a good way. 

Maybe I just expected the playoffs to really put the spotlight on him using his size and speed to completely disrupt our opposition every time he hits the ice, but he hasn't looked all that dangerous anywhere. 

I just want him to play like he's got something to prove and show everyone who doubts him what he's capable of.

I've been preaching patience with Jake for ages, and I guess I'm just disappointed because I feel like he's taken a step backwards in the playoffs. He's not taking the bull by the horns and changing game.. I may have set myself up for disappointment, but I really expected Jake to excel in playoff style play.

He's simply got to find a way to make something happen whenever, whoever little he gets on the ice. Even if that's cheering for him team.

30 minutes ago, Wayne Jetski said:

Ok here is a fun game. Describe KB3’s hair using only words that start with the letter T. 

That Twatwaffling tool thinks that top takes the tart?  Tsk, tsk.  Those tiny threads thin true, trounced triumphantly thanks to the thunderous tension that is...... Loui Erikkson.

• Haha 1