The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 01, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, VaNux said:

I think all need pay some respect to Bieksa! Wearing the vintage jacket and socks..... On air! 

Don't see public support or bias like that, but he showed up :towel:

I love how he isn't afraid to disagree with a dumb take by others in the panel. I forget the other guys name not Ron or Burkie, anyway guy was explaining a play in a way that made a nuck player look bad and Bieksa flat out called him on it. Love to see where his loyalty still lies.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Every time I don’t watch they win. 

Ok. 

Guess I’m not watching anymore. :(

I’ll catch the parade on BluRay I guess. 

On the plus side - if they win this series, you can start watching again, when they play in the next round. I find each series has it’s own flavour & dynamic. You can start every series fresh, too! 

Great Game!

Proud of the team!

Finally it goes to Demko's show time!

Honesty Canucks played not good in the first two period, luckily we have Demko in net tonight.

He saved this series.

Other than Demko, BB-6 surprised me a lot, he played so so great.

Stretch was the most effective defense in this game 5.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why not? Mac will throw the body and hurt out there. Only thing I’d feel bad about Is if he caught a beating from Reaves. 

I feel the same. 

Sutter plays with heart but he can be too slow sometimes.

Seems to make our 4th line ineffective.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm stoked that Green made the bold move to play Demko.

It was absolutely the right move, but so often we've had coaches who would not do the bold move *to WIN*.

Tonight, Green did the right stuff. And the team did *just* enough to win it. Not by much.

To be host though, Vegas as a team played better in this game. Demko stole the game for us. Maybe Vegas is just a better team than the Canucks. But I hope they will get lucky like today and be able to prolong the series. Every playoff game is valuable to a young team like Vancouver.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Listen to the radio broadcast & follow along on here on the message board. Replays of goals & controversial or exciting plays will be posted - if you request ‘em & explain your sacrifice. But, be a hero & make the sacrifice. I have to wrap myself in a Canucks blanket wearing an Edler jersey whether the temperature is 20 C or 40 C.

Canucks fans’ will do what we gotta do!  

Cheers!   

Lol thanks VM, my post was alluding to the fact that every time I work and don’t watch the game, the boys win a nail-biter. Somehow my karma won’t let the Nucks win when I watch. I’m resigned to not watching if it means they continue winning. 

Not that I believe in stupidstition. 

But, I do believe in the ‘Observer Effect’ of Physics. ;)

16 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I thought that was an unreal period of shutdown to close that victory out.

They did it by pressuring the entire ice, never forgot the defensive detals, but pushed for a 3rd goal.  The first two periods were exactly as Bieksa described - regaining possession but not attacking,, not moving the puck with intent - probably two of their weaker periods in the playoffs - but then Green,EP, Hughes, Miller and Boeser flipped a switch.

And they come out in the third continuing to push - Motte takes a puck awat at the blueline - carries it through the neutral zone, saucers Sutter - seizing momentum - the start of Vegas on their heels for a few minutes that ended with Pettersson tipping in Boeser's scrreen shot.

And they kept pushing to the point Vegas empited their net.

So fitting that Beagle got the takeaway in the end that buried Vegas.

People talk about the fourth line not producing....

But that 3rd period was shutdown 'production' - why you have.need those players on your roster.  They counterpunched to turn momentum, stifled Vegas when they were trying to turn it up, playing ffrom behind - and the team jumped on it, got the counterpunch victory.

Motte has been exceptional during the playoffs, we need to keep hold of him. 

would also like to see him up the line with Horvat and miller for a bit, I’ve got a feeling he would do well there and give him some more shooting opportunities.

only issue with that is who fills his spot lower down half as well as him!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, wesley said:

To be host though, Vegas as a team played better in this game. Demko stole the game for us. Maybe Vegas is just a better team than the Canucks. But I hope they will get lucky like today and be able to prolong the series. Every playoff game is valuable to a young team like Vancouver.

There's no maybe about it. They are "better". Vegas has two experienced "in their prime" first lines on borrowed cap space.

But our defence IS better, and our goaltending has been standing on its absolute head... which is really all you can hope for in the playoffs, is that your goalie gets hot and you can just ride it through.

Green's got a tough decision, does he flip back to Marky who is probably still bagged, or run Demko again after such a hard performance... but he's definitely warm.

I don't envy the choice, but regardless of who Green goes with, it's no longer "the wrong choice" due to playing Demko for this one. That was the hard, bold move to make and it paid off.