The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 01, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Hey lets trade Demko!!!! Or as some fans would post, "Let's get rid of Demko!!!!!!"

Goalie of the future for years now and all of a sudden he is a bum, Markstrom is unbeatable.

Fans in this city love their goalies, whoever it is that day. I remember the trade, Markstrom was a throw in, a salary dump, useless.

Demko was drafted, what a great pedigree, outstanding, better than Schnides, the future and now, meh, trade him for a draft pick, we aren't keeping him past the expansion draft anyway because  WE LOVE MARKSTROM!

I am enjoying watching the playoffs and the Canucks, there is lots of comparisons out there.

A super big advantage for the Canucks is there is no travel, travel is a beast for them usually compared to other teams. In 2010 the Canucks traveled 10 times more distance than the Bruins and it showed

It is safe to say that Demko can also steal a game I think and this one was massive, huge, loaded with added pressure, imagine how good he could have been if he had played a game in the last 6 months.

Edited by Lazurus
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing 23 out there.  As his career does wind down, nothing but appreciation for what he's done for this team.  Thanks for the extra info...even more impressed now!

Edler is a warrior and has been a huge influence on and off the ice to our young core. He’s a true (quiet) leader and one of my all time fav Nucks as I’ve watched this team for the past 38 years. :towel:Now let’s win game 6!!!! 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

The pivotal play by Eddie, for me, was with the goalie pulled and Stone (I think) has the puck on the side boards. Eddie goes down for the block and Stone holds the puck and looks for eddie to over commit and get a better look.  Eddie contorts his body several differenmt ways and never gives Stone the shot and he's forced to put the puck back to the point.  To me, that was the game right there.

Yes - that is a play that stays in the mind - good description - and that was an absolutely critical moment in which Edler went full ninja.  That was a thing of beauty.

• Vintage 3

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Yes - that is a play that stays in the mind - good description - and that was an absolutely critical moment in which Edler went full ninja.  That was a thing of beauty.

full octopus more like.  He seemed to grow multiple new limbs

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DarthMelvin said:

Yikes, on Fanta...He, Beegs and Roose got pyloned last night lol That was embarrassing 

That was a great play by Theo. Sure the boys got schooled a bit there but that play needed to happen to spark our comeback. Calling it embarrassing is whatevs... I’m a glass is full of positivity with this particular team, they have given us true Canuck fanbase something to look forward to and want this core bunch to succeed. :towel:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“He’s brought a lot of different attributes to this team. I think he’s grabbed the bull by the horns off the ice as well, he’s taken a leadership approach…he wants to win badly. I think in younger teams you need a few of those.” - Green on Miller

I actually think Miller has had a poor series, despite the points.  He looks like he might be nursing an ailment of some kind

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I actually think Miller has had a poor series, despite the points.  He looks like he might be nursing an ailment of some kind

Standing up to Reaves and giving him a shot to the face, seemed to almost stun the big man, wiped that smirk right off his face. He probably wasn't expecting anyone to have the nerve to do that. Yet, that's what Miller did. No guts, no glory.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Benn is way too slow relative to Stecher.  Benn also is challenged to make a first pass anywhere as near as consistent as Stecher.

I don't think the perceived gain in 'grit' is anywhere near worth the trade-off.

Myers brings a huge upgrade over Benn in his ability to handle and punish the Knights down low.

I think Stecher's mobility, puck retrieval, ability to transition imo are far more important than size - even against a team like Vegas - and Stecher battles at all times - I don't think he's been exposed at all.

Ooh, this is an odd one, I agree with Oldnews on this one. 
Our D has had a couple issues this series, size isn’t really one of them. Puck  retrieval and passing have been big issues.  Stretch has actually been quite good at retrieval, the exit passing has been  good I think (though am not willing to go to fancy stats to check this). 
I think one thing this series has really shown is how much we could use Olli and probably another player like him (Rathbone?) that moves the puck out of the zone consistently. 
We have been getting penned in our zone fairly consistently because of bad exit passes or as they highlighted last night, soft dumps to the neutral zone. 

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Ooh, this is an odd one, I agree with Oldnews on this one. 
Our D has had a couple issues this series, size isn’t really one of them. Puck  retrieval and passing have been big issues.  Stretch has actually been quite good at retrieval, the exit passing has been  good I think (though am not willing to go to fancy stats to check this). 
I think one thing this series has really shown is how much we could use Olli and probably another player like him (Rathbone?) that moves the puck out of the zone consistently. 
We have been getting penned in our zone fairly consistently because of bad exit passes or as they highlighted last night, soft dumps to the neutral zone. 

I find that's as much, or more, on the fwd group than the d though.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Again, I'm sure this has already been stated, but Marchessault has become this series' David Perron for me....

The two hander to the back of Petey's legs was just the latest in a string of cheap shots from him.

It's playoffs, so I don't expect retribution during the series, but next season, somebody better tune this little pr!ck in....

1 minute ago, stawns said:

says a lot about their team if they didn't have that approach last night.  No wonder they crapped the bed against the Sharks

I hope they waste their energy chasing our guys around, and dance around the outside all night. 

DeBoer stinks of failure. I hate how he trots out his 4th line to start every game, its annoying and not intimidating anyone on our group. 

• Vintage 1