The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Who's starting ????

I am going in net for Vegas to let in 20 goals for the Canucks to advance :lol:

Anyways, jokes aside, TSN tweeted that it will be Lehner for Vegas and since Marky ins't good to go yet, we will have to rely on Demko once again! LETS GO!

Edited by ruilin96
  • Haha 1

The NHL doubts the Knights:

Golden Knights battling adversity entering Game 7 of West Second Round

Will try to avoid repeat of last season and close out Canucks after losing two straight

by Nicholas J. Cotsonika @cotsonika / NHL.com Columnist
 September 3, 2020
cut.jpg

The Vegas Golden Knights face three burning questions entering Game 7 of the Western Conference Second Round against the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Place in Edmonton on Friday (9 p.m. ET; NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS).

Who will start in goal? How do they beat the other goalie? Is it happening again?

The Golden Knights held a 3-1 series lead in the first round last season before losing to the San Jose Sharks in seven games, and they're in danger of suffering the same fate here after a 4-0 loss to the Canucks in Game 6 on Thursday.

"This is a different group, different team," said Vegas coach Peter DeBoer, who coached San Jose last season. "I think we've hit a group over there that is feeling confident and getting great goaltending, and that's going to happen on the playoff trail. You've got to find a way. This is our adversity, and we've got to stick together and come through it."

Robin Lehner has started 11 of the Golden Knights' 14 games in the postseason, including five of six in this series. But he has lost his past two, and DeBoer has said he will use both of his goalies.

The last time Marc-Andre Fleury started, it was the second game of a back-to-back, as Game 7 will be. He made 28 saves in a 5-3 win in Game 3 on Sunday.

"Whoever plays, plays," Lehner said. "If I get to play, I'll do my best like I always do. I feel pretty good out there. It's just the bounces are not going our way right now."

cut.jpg

Recap: VGK 0, VAN 4

• 05:00 • September 3rd, 2020

The bigger goaltending issue for Vegas is at the other end of the ice.

With Jacob Markstrom unfit to play, Thatcher Demko got his first Stanley Cup Playoff start in Game 5 and made 42 saves in a 2-1 win. He followed that up with 48-save shutout in Game 6.

The Golden Knights have outshot the Canucks 91-40 over the past two games. They felt they got to the net better and had better scoring chances in Game 6. Still, they had 21 missed shots and 21 attempts blocked.

"There's no magic solution when they pack five guys around the net like they do," DeBoer said. "They do a good job of it, and you've got to penetrate."

Vegas is 0-for-7 on the power play over the past two games, too.

"It's usually a symptom of our 5-on-5 game, and I think the same issues we have creep into or bleed into our power play," DeBoer said. "It's traffic and making it tougher on him to see the puck and getting more pucks into that area with more bodies in that area."

In theory, the Golden Knights should have an advantage in Game 7 because of their depth and the quick turnaround.

"It's nice that we're going to have this opportunity tomorrow," Vegas forward Max Pacioretty said. "You don't want to sit around the room in the bubble and think about what went wrong to get to this point. But that being said, get some sleep, show up to the rink tomorrow energized for a Game 7. This is what you dream about, so we should be excited for the challenge."

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

We'll see both their tender tenders tonight.

Don't usually quote myself (lol) but Deboer said himself last night, "we'll use both goalies."

Such confidence in his team.

Note to coach: have a listen to what Travis said about his team:

I have confidence in our team.

They want to win.

We're not here for the experience.

Etc.