The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ VGK - GAME 7 WCSF - Sept 4 2020 - 6pm PACIFIC - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Our power play was just awful this series. They lack urgency on their pp.They always look like they have ten min power plays out there and that if they score they score but we don't have to really push play on it. That is where I would like to see things change.

Newell's powerplay reminded me of Sedin era's Newell PP. Unable to adjust for like the entire 7 game series.

But, today's PP failure is on the players. Vegas outnumbered the Canucks on the boards even during the PP.

Players lost the game (minus Demko), not the coaches.

• Thanks 1

VEGAS WAS JUST IN BETTER SHAPE FOR VACK TO BACK...REAVES HIT TURNED THE GAME AROUND...IT WAS DIRTY AND IT GOT INTO CANUCKS HEAD..DIRTY WIN...DOES NOT FEEL GOOD TO WIN IT ALL ON THE BUBBLE ANYWAYS NONETHE THE LESS IT WAS GOOD HOCKEY ...DIRTY HIT IS WHAT I WILL REMEMBER....CANUCKS ARE NEED A FEW BIGGER AGGRESSIIVE GUYS THAT CAN DESTROY ANY GUY WHO TAKES CHEAP SHOTS...

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya but this series was embarassing to watch.. the canucks were manhandled the entire series.. and demko gave them every chance to win this game even had a 5min powerplay and the team no showed lol.. this series easily coulda been 4-1 if demko didn't stand on his head every single game and to think people actually thought the canucks were a legit cup contender.. vegas was literally just toying with us the entire series even though the series ended up 4-3.. you'd think the series was close.. but really it wasn't even close

They get help.  A lot of trips, holds, charges that go unseen and make them look big and bad.

Toying with us.  Get out of here.  They got desperate because they blew a 3-1 series lead last year.  it's called saving face, not being awesome.

Our guys were tentative..they had no history to go on like these clowns.  

Why are you here then?  Doesn't Vegas have somewhere for you to sing their praises?  

Just now, naslund.is.king said:

Canucks got outshot 127 to 55 in demkos 3 games

the man only let in 2 goals

let that sink in

Incredible. The boys really needed to return the favour. I’m willing to chalk it up to growing pains, and lack of situational experience.

• Like 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

They were more desperate...they remember how last year went.

Big egos and that drove them.  Our guys were tentative...first time there.  They'll learn from it.

Coaching wasn't really a factor.  Their coach's game plan was to get Reaves to goon...how'd that turn out?  If we'd capitalized, not so good.  We just failed to.

I can understand defending the team, but call a spade a spade.

Coaching was absolutely a factor. Falling back and allowing unfettered entries for 3 seasons now. That = coaching. Period. The end.

This team has more talent than the way they are being told to play. That = coaching. Period. The end.

The slow ass entries on the PP. That = coaching. Period. The end.

Don't be surprised when Newel and Nolan are canned. Green might be safe, but he had no answer for what Vegas was throwing us. Well, he had the pursed lipped baby face, if you count that.

I've not been shy about my feeling on our systems, and they are hilariously lowbrow / lowest common denominator.

That might have been fine when we had Jack Skille and Jayson Megna playing 22mins a night, but our stars who flourish with the puck on their stick, are told to dump and chase, and play the system. It's infuriating to me.

2 minutes ago, swizzey said:

Because having one one of the best lineups in the NHL doesn’t have anything to do with it...

that time out showed the understanding of the moment...when I see all lines dominating us like that, it was a team system and guys working hard in the system.

1 minute ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

lol if you think the coaches run the ENTIRE GAME, then you're mistaken, players need to step up in big moments and we didn't, travis green didn't miss 2 open net goals which would have won us the game. boeser and toffoli did

U please.

Why he paid then?

To just stand there and watch?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, xereau said:

I can understand defending the team, but call a spade a spade.

Coaching was absolutely a factor. Falling back and allowing unfettered entries for 3 seasons now. That = coaching. Period. The end.

This team has more talent than the way they are being told to play. That = coaching. Period. The end.

The slow ass entries on the PP. That = coaching. Period. The end.

Don't be surprised when Newel and Nolan are canned. Green might be safe, but he had no answer for what Vegas was throwing us. Well, he had the pursed lipped baby face, if you count that.

I've not been shy about my feeling on our systems, and they are hilariously lowbrow / lowest common denominator.

That might have been fine when we had Jack Skille and Jayson Megna playing 22mins a night, but our stars who flourish with the puck on their stick, are told to dump and chase, and play the system. It's infuriating to me.

So that's your take.

How about a team with young/inexperienced players who still fought above their weightclass?  Funny that people chime in now....after the loss.    So last game?  Same coaches?