The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sept. 04, 2020 | Golden Knights win series 4-3

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Robert Long said:

yeah they are going to have to figure out some new entry and set up options for sure. A big part of it tho is I think Miller is playing hurt, Huggy is banged up too. 

Could be .   No one pressures as quick as Vegas as well, they are also really good with their sticks .

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Laoag said:

yeah people can say we got knocked out in the 2nd round but that wild series was very hard fought and very well earned. through out the playoffs I cheered the loudest on tanevs OT winner. great series to watch.

Yep this has been a play offs filled with so much joy and excitement. People should not lose focus over, what they achieved. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

I'll be interesting to see if/how Dallas solves that. 

im interested in seeing how Heiskanen is gonna handle having a target on his back and how Dallas responds.  Deboer likes deploying his 4th line to get their licks in on the D, especially when they have the lead...

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tram fans can wait forever for him.

I'm more anxious to see Podz in a Canuck uniform. 

We could have used a guy like him in this series. 

Exactly the kind of player needed in these sort of games... future is bright

• Vintage 2

If Vegas has to win a cup I hope its this year in an empty rink. It will be a fiiting end to a weird year where a made up franchise with no fans can parade the cup in September in the middle of the desert. Proud of our boys we will be in the mix for the next few years, this might be the group that brings it all home!

1 minute ago, theochar said:

If Vegas has to win a cup I hope its this year in an empty rink. It will be a fiiting end to a weird year where a made up franchise with no fans can parade the cup in September in the middle of the desert. Proud of our boys we will be in the mix for the next few years, this might be the group that brings it all home!

I personally hope and think it’s Tampa’s year.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Making it to game seven down 3-1 was the accomplishment.  Demko making a boat load of saves.  Canucks playing a collapse defensive style as only way to limit Vegas as they looked bigger, stronger and faster since game one.  So making to game 7 was amazing.

I think losing in game 7 with 15 shots is better going forward and a learning process then winning 1-0 on 16 shots and a 5min major

Now to fix the PP to be more reliable they had their up and down moments they shut down Petey one timer, and didn't really have anything else.

• Vintage 2

only jb has the answers to the questions. mainly eriksson, benn, roused, toffoli, boeser, pearson, ferland, baertschi, sutter, tanev, markstrom, virtanen and stecher. 

i’m a firm believer of not moving out players before you have suitable replacements. 

right now, our pk consists of beagle, motte, sutter, ericksson and pearson, who can take their place? 

good luck benji.

Edited by smithers joe
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

only jb has the answers to the questions. mainly eriksson, benn, roused, toffoli, boeser, pearson, ferland, baertschi, setter, tanev, markstrom, virtanen and sutter. 

i’m a firm believer of not moving out players before you have suitable replacements. 

right now, our pk consists of beagle, motte, sutter, ericksson and pearson, who can take their place? 

good luck benji.

If JV was good at defending, I would love to see him on the PK.  He's a big body that can block shots.  Has speed to get to the point quickly and possibly get short handed chances.