The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Viktor Persson | D

GoldenAlien

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Don't know Daniel Gee, but his in-depth review is a good read ...

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-prospect-viktor-persson-hot-start

Was just about to post this myself Google,

Daniel Gee scouts the Canuck prospects regularly, I’ve followed him for about 3 or 4 years,.   Gives a fair assessment everytime,

as a journalist, he goes out of his way to find out these things himself...unlike our out house “main stream” journalists.

Danial Gee is a breath of fresh air.

Victor Perrson  is fast and very powerful on his skates,  plays his position extremely well, and reads opportunities incrediblely well.

Seems he is not shy in close contact either.

I don’t know if he will spend much time in the AHL when he eventually arrives there,.

He fans in Loops’. must be really enjoying him play.

• Cheers 2

I suspect the best move the kid made to join Kamloops, you can bet Vcr have eyes on him every game. I believe Swedish hockey don't like it but the greaater understanding they get of the NA style the better. It worked for Edler and it looks like it's working for Persson

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I suspect the best move the kid made to join Kamloops, you can bet Vcr have eyes on him every game. I believe Swedish hockey don't like it but the greaater understanding they get of the NA style the better. It worked for Edler and it looks like it's working for Persson

Jurmo, Woo, Truscott Persson. Rounding out an alright defensive prospect crop. 

No real deals but all having encouraging years save for Woo. Really early for them though. All guys are 2+ years away anyway too. 

Hopefully we are able to draft a solid RD in the next 2 years that can grow with the core. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Agree in Victor's case, going to NA is likely the best path for him. Don't agree in general, every player is different and it sure didn't hurt EP to stay in Sweden. On fringe prospects I agree more, although a year of pro hockey before NA is still good for many Euros, but yeah, everyone is different as I said.

22 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Was just about to post this myself Google,

Daniel Gee scouts the Canuck prospects regularly, I’ve followed him for about 3 or 4 years,.   Gives a fair assessment everytime,

as a journalist, he goes out of his way to find out these things himself...unlike our out house “main stream” journalists.

Danial Gee is a breath of fresh air.

Victor Perrson  is fast and very powerful on his skates,  plays his position extremely well, and reads opportunities incrediblely well.

Seems he is not shy in close contact either.

I don’t know if he will spend much time in the AHL when he eventually arrives there,.

He fans in Loops’. must be really enjoying him play.

Sounds like just what the doctor ordered! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fred65 said:

It was probably good for Hansen as well... I also like them to get their feet wet in the junior leagues around North America, before transiting to the AHL/NHL...

But I guess it all depends of, how good they are as players, at any given time. 

As stated by J-T it didn't hinder EP or neither Hogs or Podz to stay on the other side of the pond.

Edited by spook007

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sounds like just what the doctor ordered! 

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

It was probably good for Hansen as well... I also like them to get their feet wet in the junior leagues around North America, before transiting to the AHL/NHL...

But I guess it all depends of, how good they are as players, at any given time. 

As stated by J-T it didn't hinder EP or neither Hogs or Podz to stay on the other side of the pond.

I wonder if there is anyone amongst our forums who is keeping an eye on him..

Persson reall does look like a very very good prospect.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I wonder if there is anyone amongst our forums who is keeping an eye on him..

Persson reall does look like a very very good prospect.

Yes would be good to hear about his progress.
It has been really good to hear some positive news, in this rather indifferent start to the season. He does look very comfortable at this level. 

I would make a world of difference if a few of these later picks could support the main core over the next 2-3 years. 

16 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yes would be good to hear about his progress.
It has been really good to hear some positive news, in this rather indifferent start to the season. He does look very comfortable at this level. 

I would make a world of difference if a few of these later picks could support the main core over the next 2-3 years. 

I think this is part of the system that Benning has been implementing, where others never did pay attention to the farm and prospects.

Getting that team in Abby has been instrumental to having control over development..  and a place to allow local late bloomers to get a good kick.

• Cheers 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

I think this is part of the system that Benning has been implementing, where others never did pay attention to the farm and prospects.

Getting that team in Abby has been instrumental to having control over development..  and a place to allow local late bloomers to get a good kick.

It will definitely benefit both players and management. The boy are more likely to get a call up now and for sure management will be able to ensure the coaching progression of the youth are as per plan. 
All round a massive improvement. Travel times aside its a win win. 

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The farm team should be a tool, but not that many seem to graduate. To my way of thinking currently the best development routes for a playeris either NCAA or EU.  WE were helped when Edler was drafted by Kelowna in the junior itnernational draft. One of the best moves mostly forgotten was when Gillis bought an AHL franchise. Prior to that we shared and usually got the wrong end of the stick  just think last season sharing with Winnipeg, Silvos got one game in the season. The AHL team in Chicago was a disaster for years. Compare the development of Rathbone, Lind and Hogelander.  

Edited by Fred65
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

The farm team should be a tool, but not that many seem to graduate. To my way of thinking currently the best development routes for a playeris either NCAA or EU.  WE were helped when Edler was drafted by Kelowna in the junior itnernational draft. One of the best moves mostly forgotten was when Gillis bought an AHL franchise. Prior to that we shared and usually got the wrong end of the stick  just think last season sharing with Winnipeg, Silvos got one game in the season. The AHL team in Chicago was a disaster for years. Compare the development of Rathbone, Lind and Hogelander.  

I think that’s all about to change for us over the next 1-2 years.. prospects will see the structure here, and local talent that have gone NCAA will see opportunities still exist.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 1:47 PM, SilentSam said:

I think that’s all about to change for us over the next 1-2 years.. prospects will see the structure here, and local talent that have gone NCAA will see opportunities still exist.

Let's hope but I see the same folks in charge of the same things and likely they'll have the same results. You know what they say about insanity, keep repeat the same things over and over again but expect different results :)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1