The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Got a feeling Jim makes the pick later today and doesn't trade it.

Sounds like there's a lot of interest for Schmidt. I suspect he'll be traded so Benning can get some cheap fill-ins for the season. I'm expecting the same type of season, although a hopefully healthy Pettersson. Jim says he would be aggressive, but I'm losing faith in that statement.  

Great  trade Schmidt for a first round pick then use the cap space

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

to ARI - Schmidt and #9

to VAN - OEL,  #11 and 3rd (2021)

Bracing myself for something like this. 

VAN picks Sillinger with the #11

If they trade for a top 4 LHD with term, I would assume either OJ or Rathbone will go the other way or be traded in another package for a RHD.  

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s kind of a strange thing, that so many NHL guys shoot left.  If Edvinson or Hughes is there at nine Benning has to take the guy, regardless of their shooting left.  I don’t think either will be though.  More likely for Clarke, who doesn’t skate as well as those two, to fall to us.  

(Funny that all field hockey players are forced to shoot right.)

So thin on the d prospects and our NHL corps isn’t very good either. If one of the top 4 dmen are there at our pick and Benning doesn’t take them I’d be very surprised. Also Clarke being the only righty I find it hard he’d be the dman that fell but I’d love it if he did.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I know it's been talked to death, but outside of Button and Mackenzie, Lysell is very high on the scouting reports. Many have him in the top 3 to 5. He is the fastest skater and best playmaker in the draft. He is also NHL ready right now which is alot better then many. Dont forget before transfering to low minute 4th line in the SHL, he was 2.42 ppg. That's crazy.

Edited by Xur
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Xur said:

I know it's been talked to death, but outside of Button and Mackenzie, Lysell is very high on the scouting reports. Many have him in the top 3 to 5. He is the fastest skater and best playmaker in the draft. He is also NHL ready right now which is alot better then many. Dont forget before transfering to low minute 4th line in the SHL, he was 2.42 ppg. That's crazy.

He’d be a good pick. I think so many of these guys are deserving of a top 10 pick and there’s not much separating them. The only thing that would upset me really is if Powers, Hughes, Clarke and Edvinsson were all gone and Benning stuck at 9 and picked Lambos or  Ceulemans over guys like Guenther, Johnson, McTavish, Sillinger and Lysell.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Xur said:

2.42 ppg was last year and it was in J18 Elit, which is not a tough league. For example Oskar Jellvik put up similar numbers in that league in the same year and is expected to be a 6-7 round pick this year.  

10 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If we are trading the 9th pick, this is the type of player I would want back. Hughes - Ekblad would be an elite top pairing.

Ekblad would be amazing, but he's a big fish.

Apparently Dhaliwal was reporting that VAN is interested in Kyle Burroughs (COL) and Brad Hunt (MIN)  These are small fish, more like Benning's style.

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Ekblad would be amazing, but he's a big fish.

Apparently Dhaliwal was reporting that VAN is interested in Kyle Burroughs (COL) and Brad Hunt (MIN)  These are small fish, more like Benning's style.

I heard although not from a very reliable source, that on Dhaliwal's show they were saying Benning is big game hunting with that pick. 

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

VAN is interested in Kyle Burroughs (COL) and Brad Hunt (MIN)  These are small fish, more like Benning's style.

Neither of those guys seem like they'd be able to help much and would be 7th/8th guys at best.  Plus neither has any 'heft whatsoever lol....

• Cheers 1