The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

2 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

final one:

Which prospect outside our top-10 has the most potential to be selected in the top-five?

“Scorers are coveted and there are few snipers in this draft like Cole Sillinger. Blessed with an elite shot and ability to play between checks, his offensive game is one of the best in the draft and outshines a lot of the blemishes to his game. A team who believes he can slot in beside a play-driver and fill the net may like him over others on our list.” – Froese

Mason McTavish. His shot, combined with his physicality and smarts, is just too enticing of a package to pass up in a draft filled with question marks. McTavish plays a style that you know NHL teams will be drooling over and I think he could break the top three players selected, let alone the top-five.” – Galloway

“I wouldn’t be surprised if some teams are totally in love with McTavish, especially after the performance he had at the Under-18s. There aren’t a lot of centers at the top of this draft, and he’s going to be an instant hit anywhere he ends up.” – Neumeier

“Sillinger is likely a player that has been ranked too low all season. His creativity is elite and his understanding of how to play the game — and perhaps more importantly, how his opponents player the game — is tremendous. He’s one of the strongest offensive weapons in this class and at the next level he has the potential to be a star. I can see numerous teams having him higher. This is an exceptional talent and his selection could surprise on draft day.” – Bell

“I think Fabian Lysell has the most potential to be picked within the top-five. When you watch him play, you see a player with elite level offensive potential. He’s one of the more exciting players to watch when he has the puck on his stick and always catches your eye even if he’s not your main focus for that game. There are some questions about him, but out of anyone outside the top-10 I think he has the strongest case as the riser here.” – Broad

“I believe there is an outside chance that someone takes a swing and selects Lucius in the top-five. Being one of the best goal scorers in this draft and playing a premium position like center will be attractive to teams, and may be enough to entice them to draft him with a top pick. He has very high skill and displays great confidence with the puck consistently. With a draft like this years, it seems unlikely that teams will be willing to trade back/trade up, so some team in the top-five may just select him, not wanting to let him pass.” – Krill

“Lucius is a player I could see sneaking his way into the top-five for a team looking to add scoring punch to their forward group. Lucius is a very intelligent attacker to gets to high-danger areas, owns an excellent shot and and skill, and has versatility as both a wing and center, which when combined could be a tantalizing package for a team selecting high in this year’s draft.” – Holmes

Lucius is my dark horse. He had the big injury and didn't get to play much this season, but he is absolutely lethal. Reminds me a lot of Boeser. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Been putting this off as long as I can, but here it is. This is how I think the top 10 goes down tomorrow. Flame away.

1. Buffalo: Beniers

2. Seattle: Powers

3. Anaheim: Eklund

4. Jersey: Hughes

5. Columbus: McTavish

6. Detroit: Wallstedt

7. San Jose: Guenther

8. L.A. : Edvinsson

9. THE GOOD GUYS: Clarke

10. Ottawa: Johnson

If Clarke is still available at 9 you take him, if not then it's probably Johnson

7 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

If Clarke is still available at 9 you take him, if not then it's probably Johnson

To be honest, I wouldn't be upset with either. I prefer Clarke, because he would be the BPA at 9th, and he would fit a need. 

If not Clarke, then Johnson would be next for me. Local kid, tons of elite skill and upside. Hearing that he's got a very strong work ethic to improve. High hockey IQ as well. 

Well I guess this is my final list. Haven't seen enough of most of the late first rounders, so I'll just stick to the first half:

1. William Eklund

2. Owen Power

3. Brandt Clarke

4. Matt Beniers

5. Cole Sillinger

6. Kent Johnson

7. Fyodor Svechkov

8. Luke Hughes

9. Chaz Lucius

10. Mason McTavish

11. Dylan Guenther

12. Jesper Wallstedt

13. Simon Edvinsson

14. Brennan Othmann

15. Matt Coronato

16. Fabian Lysell

Edited by HighOnHockey

4 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Could anyone see a :

To Van : Ekblad 

To Florida: 9th , Schmidt 

That would be a stupid good trade for us haha. Highly unlikely but something like that would be the only way I’d wanna see the pick moved. I want us to draft another stud. Hopefully! 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Svechkov is my pick if I don’t like how the 8 before fall. Let’s go! See you guys tomorrow::D

If it went something like this....

1) Power

2) Beniers

3) Edvinsson

4) Hughes 

5) McTavish

6) Wallstedt

7) Eklund

8) Guenther

Then we'd have a shot at Clarke, Johnson Svechkov 

• Like 1