The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

7 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Crabby would like to announce his retirement from GML. Its been a fun few months and we wish everyone the best moving forward. We feel whatever GM takes over the Maple Leafs are set up for great success in the near future. 

Maple Leafs ex GM, Crabby

Cheers guys!

Dang bruh :mellow: Hope you decide to come back some day.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Crabby would like to announce his retirement from GML. Its been a fun few months and we wish everyone the best moving forward. We feel whatever GM takes over the Maple Leafs are set up for great success in the near future. 

Cheers guys!

so many trades to rebuild and now retirement? Broootal

all the best in retirement though 

you have Balls Sir ..... 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Contract Termination; The New York Rangers request that Filip Chlapik's contract be voided as he has signed with the Pelicans in the Finn Liiga. 

https://www.en24news.com/now/2021/03/pelicans-acquired-filip-chlapik-who-played-in-the-nhl-the-sm-league.html

Pelicans acquired Filip Chlapik, who played in the NHL – the SM League

March 2, 2021

Pelicans are strengthened by an attacker who played in the NHL.

Bay Pelicans is one of those teams that sought a boost and increases quality in the player market on the move back.

The Pelicans, who had crept in the last rounds, got a central striker in their ranks for the rest of the season Filip Chlapikin.

The transfer limit of the SM league expired on Monday at 23.59.

Chlapik, 23, started the season as a contract player for the Ottawa Senators, but the parties unanimously terminated the contract last Friday.

Mr Chlapik is a decent player who gained our respect in the club, we will miss him however, this opportunity to play over in the Finish Senior Mens League will give him an added boost to his career years, and give him a chance to thrive playing the sport we all love, now that his North American opportunities have seemingly dried up. 

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Cheers guys!

Thanks for offering all your time and efforts here. A pleasure to deal with. All the best moving forward and perhaps we will see you here again down the road.

• Like 1

image.png.02547eaeef53724ccb010ff2eb2a0892.png Devils Press Release:

New Jersey is said to have completed atleast a couple trades with an aim to adding potential playoff depth.

The team is actively exploring options on the blueline as some tinkering is needed.

A few teams have inquired as to the availability of Jared Spurgeon and Dmitry Orlov whom the club have had preliminary discussions with other teams. Both are trending towards Playoff appearances and can produce in the 30+ pt range per season.

New Jersey also at present has a 2nd and 4th rd pick available in the 2022 draft for teams wanting to add futures in a possible trade.

The Devils remain open for business.

4 hours ago, greensman said:

In the NHL, in the 25+ years the draft lottery has existed, the last team in the league has only picked first overall 9 times (36%).

I have to ask this question though...

How many teams that have barely missed the playoffs won the #1 pick? because depending on what you consider just missing playoffs, about 20%-33% of the time solid teams are going to be landing the top pick. 

This rule doesnt scream punish the tankers. It screams lets make good/great teams dynasties.

The rule stinks, and the fact it starts immedietly stinks even more. Yall need to hear from all or most GMs. Let everyone pitch an idea(s), and vote on it. Then implement it for the 2022 draft. Thats how I would handle it anyway. Im just advocating for those that are still affected by it. Do right by them :metal:

season 7 greasy buffoons GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, Crabby said:

How many teams that have barely missed the playoffs won the #1 pick?

Is that a trick question? (This has to be a trick question...)

...the 14th seed New York Rangers... the year was 2020.

just realized that teams that don’t make the playoffs will get much better draft odds... hadn’t thought about the other end... I like that a lot. A reward for working really hard.

Edited by greensman
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, greensman said:

Is that a trick question? (This has to be a trick question...)

the answer is the 14th seed New York Rangers... the year was 2020.

So your answer is 1? During the 1 messed up covid year?

Is that a trick answer?

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

21 minutes ago, Crabby said:

How many teams that have barely missed the playoffs won the #1 pick? because depending on what you consider just missing playoffs, about 20%-33% of the time solid teams are going to be landing the top pick. 

This rule doesnt scream punish the tankers. It screams lets make good/great teams dynasties.

The rule stinks, and the fact it starts immedietly stinks even more. Yall need to hear from all or most GMs. Let everyone pitch an idea(s), and vote on it. Then implement it for the 2022 draft. Thats how I would handle it anyway. Im just advocating for those that are still affected by it. Do right by them :metal:

The rule is not meant to scream anything. Its a CBA adjustment finalized by the leader of the League and endorsed by other members.

Not everybody has to like it, some voice their concerns and frustration fair enough some a little bias and self serving. I get that too, we all have interests involved.

I like the " how could you implement this mid season " argument.....you realize that is literally the furthest point in the time space continuum to the next draft...what? Implement it in the offseason with weeks til the draft?

Some voice their support but the end of the day a change was implemented. Thats it. Nobody is not listening or hearing the outcry real or not. This is the adjustment, we move forward. Feel free to trade or make adjustments as an organization as needed.

4 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

A couple of years ago?  I felt very lucky not to be fired, railing over a rule that was obvious. Took a week or three but apologized and took my lumps. Was put in my place. Felt lucky. A couple of years before that I felt even more lucky to be given a chair.  And had years of fun here. I definitely appreciate everyone's time and efforts hosting the league for us.

I sent Kurt a DM after this off season.  Mentioned how I thought the off season was handled well, specifically UFA's but also included recruiting of GM's and increased activity. Asked him to share the feedback with Mike & the execs. As i thought the league was improved by activities this year. I also share positive feedback.

At this moment, I dont believe if there were issues with rules? An increased sense that tanking was getting worse. It was not really mentioned or discussed. I do think they should be. 

So maybe its time I let go.  This is my resignation note. 

Thanks, and my thanks are sincere, everyone for the league and having me in it.    

Cheers

There goes GMLs biggest rivalry

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

See you on the other side my friend :(

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The rule is not meant to scream anything. Its a CBA adjustment finalized by the leader of the League and endorsed by other members.

Not everybody has to like it, some voice their concerns and frustration fair enough some a little bias and self serving. I get that too, we all have interests involved.

I like the " how could you implement this mid season " argument.....you realize that is literally the furthest point in the time space continuum to the next draft...what? Implement it in the offseason with weeks til the draft?

Some voice their support but the end of the day a change was implemented. Thats it. Nobody is not listening or hearing the outcry real or not. This is the adjustment, we move forward. Feel free to trade or make adjustments as an organization as needed.

so why not make that rule change for 2022?  i guess you all guys dont get Crabby´s point.   i wasnt asked for that change for an example.  you know POLL´s?  

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

A couple of years ago?  I felt very lucky not to be fired, railing over a rule that was obvious. Took a week or three but apologized and took my lumps. Was put in my place. Felt lucky. A couple of years before that I felt even more lucky to be given a chair.  And had years of fun here. I definitely appreciate everyone's time and efforts hosting the league for us.

I sent Kurt a DM after this off season.  Mentioned how I thought the off season was handled well, specifically UFA's but also included recruiting of GM's and increased activity. Asked him to share the feedback with Mike & the execs. As i thought the league was improved by activities this year. I also share positive feedback.

At this moment, I dont believe if there were issues with rules? An increased sense that tanking was getting worse. It was not really mentioned or discussed. I do think they should be. 

So maybe its time I let go.  This is my resignation note. 

Thanks, and my thanks are sincere, everyone for the league and having me in it.    

Cheers

That ugly part of the game had reared its ugly head in private and pm for some time. A perceived and manifested trend that it is ok was starting to be commonplace and unchecked in the thread.

These things were brought up and discussed just not clogging up the thread with it. 

Now that there was an argument by some to be upset that being rewarded for poor performance was and is not ok, that our CBA suggests building teams and trying to improve, keeping owners and fans happy was ignored. Well thats not ok.

Its never an attack on one individual and not about one. Simply about holding the standard that was being compromised by a trend or idea that is not cool.