The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2020-21

canuck2xtreme

MSG NEWS

Jefferson's Edition. Movin on up.

Just a few short weeks ago the Rangers were decidedly selling stated assets far before the deadline in an effort to refresh the stable of prospects and prepare for next year. However in the weeks that have passed, we have revisited our processes and retooled our front office workings. I feel this has led to a better handle on our overall situational awareness. As such, players like Victor Rask and Jujhar Khaira have been quietly taken off the block. These value players have since been responsible for 18 pool points thus far in the month of March. No big headlines there, on the surface, however 55 and 70 points on the season respectively is not that bad for two fellas who may only now at 28 and 26 years old be coming into their own in the NHL. 

The Rangers, once the 2nd worst club in the league, just a handful of weeks ago, now on the rise at 23rd overall in the standings and looking to climb to the "Peloton" of the middle third in a few more weeks, with puck luck and the odd bounce, the view from the drivers seat is that we are no "air quotes" sellers, but rather looking for small little situations and tweaks that will make us better without diminishing this group of guys we have in the room today. 

The club is intent on getting better and if we can't improve our prospects, then we can improve our draft allocations! The following good folks are still available to add an extra bit of depth to any club, the playoff bound in particular, with assets of clubs who are at least top five in their divisions in bold for the following otb players:

Kyle Okposo, Cody Eakin, Marco Scandella, Scott Harrington, Thomas Novak, Tim Soderlund, Mitch Eliot, Filip Westerlund, Parker Wotherspoon, Emil Djuse, and Dale Weise. 

Not surprisingly, the right offer would have to be in place for Scandella and Harrington, but they are available with these 9 other players.

Spoiler

February 25th:

1st WSH 1261

6th PHI 1291

10th NYI 1149

11th NJD 1121

<--- target

13th CBJ 1081

23rd PIT 879

25th NYR 855

26th CAR 849

March 9th pregame:

3rd WSH 1753

5th PHI 1741

8th NJD 1619

10th NYI 1529

<--- target

11th CBJ 1527

23rd NYR 1230

24th CAR 1218

27th PIT 1130

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 2

Jarmo Kekalainen: Columbus Blue Jackets looking for a No. 1 centre - TSN.ca

^ Looks like me after my recent clipper accident :lol:.

The Blue Jackets continue to assess their teams performance after an exciting league league start turned into a disappointing stretch. The team seems to have stabilized the last two weeks in and around the 10th/11th spot in the league. We are certainly not complaining about our play but we will make a final decision about buying or seller at a date closer to the trade deadline. We will continue to build out our depth and get our key players signed as we head into next off-season. The team has been preparing contract offers for the teams new starting goaltender Mackenzie Blackwood and fellow youngster and rookie Kirill Kaprizov who both become RFA's this off-season. The Jackets made a small trade yesterday moving out a depth D man for a exciting young defenseman. We will continue to assess the team and our current landscape as we inch closer to the trade deadline.

Columbus currently sits 4th in the Central 57 points ahead of the defending GML Champions The Nashville Predators; 89 points back of 3rd place Tampa. We love the strides we have taken and we will continue explore the trade market but we will likely hold firm unless offered something worth making a move for. The team said it may explore leveraging one or two of its young D to make a playoff push if all lines up. We look forward to what lies ahead but realize sometimes a step back is two steps forward for a young and developing team. 

Spoiler

For those of you wondering... I forgot to put the attachment back on the clippers and ya Lol. now its very short. :lol: :picard:. I'm balding anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter. :P

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

@Rush17 I actually bought clippers advertised as 'Balding Clippers' to get an extra close cut... And I'm not even balding (more of a very lackadaisical 'retreat') :lol: 

That might be a good investment. My wife likes my hair a bit longer Lol. I usually go for a 1/4 inch cut but after going no clipper for a patch I had to go to 1/8 Lol. 

I havent even looked at it in the mirror. thats how little i really care lol:lol:

• Haha 1

As per our coach's clipboard, updated lineup:

Pacioretty - Barkov - Spezza

Norris - Point - Vrana

Hunt - Appleton - Raffl

Nieto - Lammikko - Perry

Morrissey - Sergachev

Kulikov - Pionk

Greene - Nemeth

Mikkola - Brannstrom

Saros

Rinne

IR: Kucherov, Dach, Kase, Duclair

Edited by Sergei Bobrovsky

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

@Rush17 I actually bought clippers advertised as 'Balding Clippers' to get an extra close cut... And I'm not even balding (more of a very lackadaisical 'retreat') :lol: 

sounds like they were built by a man, but made for a woman!

O.o

nvm, for a brief second i forgot about waxing. Wax on, Wax off. 

Edited by Primal Optimist

23 hours ago, greensman said:

‘How to Make Friends and Influence People’ GML Version

step one - answer every PM, no matter what. Even if it’s insulting, just tell them it is. 

I'm awful for this. I read them, think, I'll check this out, and then it gets buried with trades and IR PMs. :picard:

22 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I'm a tire kicker and it annoys the crap out of people, probably none more then @greensman haha but we all have our own techniques. Personally I like to gather info and gauge things before the next step. 

I'm also awful for this! :lol:

Hard to gather info tho, when often teams aren't offering up much info.

3 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I'm awful for this. I read them, think, I'll check this out, and then it gets buried with trades and IR PMs. :picard:

I'm also awful for this! :lol:

Hard to gather info tho, when often teams aren't offering up much info.

Yes, so many times I let it be known who im interested in and what i have available then after crickets I ask where a team is looking to upgrade or I research the club and make a pitch around what I assume is needs etc....then again ive offered top producing NHLers to be told they aren't 21 so not of interest or I offer the team with no goaltenders one and yeah not where they are looking.

But the " make me an offer " reply us always a sure way to get the ball rolling. Haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

All the best with the Blues @Devron44 and take care of the Team please. 

Best Blues since 11/12 i guess ... so good luck for the Playoff Run . 

I think you showed great patience, drafted really well and remained active throughout your entire tenure.

Sad to see you go but kudos on a job well done.

• Cheers 2