The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Reverse Retro Reveal Jersey

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

11 hours ago, morgo said:

'Canuck' is a slang term for Canadian.  While a lumberjack could be a Canuck, it's not the air-tight representation of our team's namesake the Orca haters seem to think it is.

The new jersey looks great and that's coming from someone who absolutely despised the original from 2001.

i said concrete . . . that doesn't really allow for any spin

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I guess I'm on an island on this one. :towel:

I would way rather see your blue and green flying V over another orca jersey!! 

They call it reverse retro...then for us a team with 50 years in the league they only go back less than 20 years...when we had the same logo....total miss in my opinion. Put that jersey $ towards diapers now haha!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I guess I'm on an island on this one. :towel:

I hated the V from the time it was introduced. My in-laws gave me V jersey for my birthday the following year. I wore it on my birthday but as much as I appreciated the sentiment (they knew I was a huge Canucks fan), it just hung in my closet afterwards other than the one time they came for dinner on a Saturday with a Nucks game televised that night. After the wife and I spilt it went in the garbage. Worn twice in eight years. Changing the colors doesn't really help it much imo. But hey, to each their own.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

I would way rather see your blue and green flying V over another orca jersey!! 

They call it reverse retro...then for us a team with 50 years in the league they only go back less than 20 years...when we had the same logo....total miss in my opinion. Put that jersey $ towards diapers now haha!

Well they used the skate as a retro last season. The SiR has been our alt for years. That only leaves the V. Which the vast majority hated. That would leave the skate gradient or the Orca gradient. The original Orca gradient was quite popular, which I don't think can be said of the skate gradient, and it was over 20 years ago. So from a marketing standpoint it was a logical choice. I didn't care for that original Orca gradient and I love the Orca logo. The colors, the look, I didn't know why, but it didn't appeal to me all. I guess it was the colors as this gradient version looks much better to me. The more I see this version the more I like it. It's really growing on me which has really surprised me.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Baggins said:

Well they used the skate as a retro last season. The SiR has been our alt for years. That only leaves the V. Which the vast majority hated. That would leave the skate gradient or the Orca gradient. The original Orca gradient was quite popular, which I don't think can be said of the skate gradient, and it was over 20 years ago. So from a marketing standpoint it was a logical choice. I didn't care for that original Orca gradient and I love the Orca logo. The colors, the look, I didn't know why, but it didn't appeal to me all. I guess it was the colors as this gradient version looks much better to me. The more I see this version the more I like it. It's really growing on me which has really surprised me.

To each their own right...If you like the orca bay Canucks logo then obivously your going to like the new Sprite can jersey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Im having this debate... If I get one, do I go WCE era player on the back? or modern player?

I've wanted a Hughes jersey... but as a kid I always wanted a Jovo jersey... Hmmmmmmmm

The nice thing with Hughes is he has a great number.

I don't like non traditional numbers. If you got 7 it could be Hughes or Bmo? 

• Cheers 2

20 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

To each their own right...If you like the orca bay Canucks logo then obivously your going to like the new Sprite can jersey

Yes to each their own. But I also said I didn't like the original gradient despite the logo. So obviously you are incorrect. Quit pushing lame reasons to dislike something and try accepting different people have different taste in such things. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

38 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Yes to each their own. But I also said I didn't like the original gradient despite the logo. So obviously you are incorrect. Quit pushing lame reasons to dislike something and try accepting different people have different taste in such things. 

Canuckster86 wasn't pushing lame reasons. He already said, "To each their own".

• Cheers 1

Just now, Tiger-Hearted said:

Canuckster86 wasn't pushing lame reasons. He already said, "To each their own".

"Orca Bay logo". Lame.

Any other confusion I can clear up for you? You appear to use the confused emoticon on all of my posts. I'm happy to help you with your struggles. :canucks:

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

No help needed, thanks.:)

20201103_161417.jpg

ElMphVpVgAE658g.jpeg.jpg

EnAHsFpXIAAt4zv.jpeg.jpg

All your taste is in your mouth as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

I truly hope that running lumberjack is never used. It just screams "peewee hockey" to me. The original V was the laughing stock of the league and changing the colors doesn't really seem to help much. The Skate is better without the red/yellow but still doesn't look right to me. I think it's the green that doesn't really work in it. Maybe a solid colored boot would help and replace the green with black. I don't know, the skate was an interesting concept but never looked right to me. But at least it was interesting compared to the utterly bland and boring SiR. They tried updating it but all they really accomplished was not as bland.

Like what you want tiger. Nobody is forcing you to buy the Orca. It just comes across as whining you didn't get what you wanted from Santa every year. Maybe there's a reason you get a lump of Orca year after year. :lol:

• Cheers 1