The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Reverse Retro Reveal Jersey

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

I dont mind the jerseys. They do look like a can of Sprite lol, but it's different which I dont mind.

I  am a fan of the skate but how would you do a "reverse retro " of it.

Literally every colour in that scheme has been done in the past. There has been red yellow black and white skate jerseys.

I've seen some online renderings of the skate in blue and green and it looks stupid imo.

So this isn't that bad, a blue and green flying V would have been sick or a black red yellow stick in rink could be another option in the future.

Not the best but not the worst.

I really like the Wild one, Nordiques and whalers 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

I hate it.  Not sure how a team around for 50 years decides to go back less than 20 for a ‘retro’ jersey. 

go canucks anyways. 

That's nothing.  Seattle fans are already crying that they weren't included.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I dont mind the jerseys. They do look like a can of Sprite lol, but it's different which I dont mind.

I  am a fan of the skate but how would you do a "reverse retro " of it.

Literally every colour in that scheme has been done in the past. There has been red yellow black and white skate jerseys.

I've seen some online renderings of the skate in blue and green and it looks stupid imo.

So this isn't that bad, a blue and green flying V would have been sick or a black red yellow stick in rink could be another option in the future.

Not the best but not the worst.

I really like the Wild one, Nordiques and whalers 

Nordiques and Whalers were great logos and great jerseys.  You'd really have to have terrible artistic sensibilities to go wrong with them somehow.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Laoag said:

Isn't that what people said about the heritage jerseys last year? people warmed to those really quick. worst thing about this jersey reveal is the fact that Sutter is our captain now :emot-parrot:

I loved the stick modern rink jerseys right away.  This one is not for me.

12 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

I've never been a fan of the Johnny Canuck as a main logo, too cartoony. But actually I have to admit that looks fun. Great for a third (or fourth, fifth?) jersey.

The skate jersey seems unfinished,  Just need to fill in the light brown colour in the skate there to a nice green like the jersey beside it.

I'd also love to see the V jersey in blue and green.  Something to get excited about.  This ownership is so damn conservative. They end up with the best of the worst from past jerseys. 

Besides shouldn't a "reverse" jersey look like this?

WUhxoyU.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 8:21 PM, Vanuckles said:

While I think it has the potential to look pretty dope, especially the one that's floating around with Virtanen, I will certainly not be spending my money to buy it. Hockey jerseys are horribly expensive that's why I only have one (Kesler) jersey from the 2011 Playoffs with the A and haven't purchased another one since despite being a season ticket holder. I will buy another one soon, torn between Hughes and Petey but haven't decided yet. When I do decide on whose to get, I'm going to buy the black skate jersey.

I have a Bure 94 Black skate because I love the look. I would like to get a modern one with one of our current stars on it, but I haven't liked our regular jerseys...I wouldn't feel right getting the new black skate one lol.

14 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I have a Bure 94 Black skate because I love the look. I would like to get a modern one with one of our current stars on it, but I haven't liked our regular jerseys...I wouldn't feel right getting the new black skate one lol.

Haha yeah that's fair, I was born in '93 so unfortunately I don't remember watching the Canucks play in the original black skate much but I know it's my favourite one. I hope they go back to it full time.

• Cheers 2