The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Reverse Retro Reveal Jersey

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

54 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Many others are fans of it.

But it's like anything else these days, if it doesn't fit exactly what they imagined it would be, it is automatically crap.  No middle ground.

This! I'm trying to tell others this...some just want to $&!# on everything! But, some don't want to hear it. Negative to be negative!! Glad you / others see it to. People may not like it, but some are sooo negative...is it really as bad as some say?! Maybe not perfect, but far from what some are saying. 

• Cheers 2

Unless it’s the black skate jersey. Safe to say no matter what they came up with there would be mixed reactions. Well... there would probably be people saying they didn’t do anything different just a retro jersey lol.

Having said that I personally like the jersey, not in love with it but I like it. There are was some pretty bad ones amongst the league imo also some pretty cool ones and some that look like they did absolutely nothing different.

Canucks reverse retro it’s not a bad jersey at all. And it’s looks a heck of a lot better then the similar 3rd jersey maroon colour 

• Cheers 1

The more I look at it the more I like it. Don't know why so many people are against the orca. I personally love the logo, and it looks great here.
However, my favourite reverse retro jerseys are the Devils, Wild, Kings, Coyotes, and Whalers. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I really don't know how I feel about this one. I have the original of this (naslund) and I dont know how I feel about it either. I think the gradient is just bland. The one thing on the old jersey that works for me is the silver, it makes it pop. This one is just plain. That said though.. having had a quick look at the other teams... seems more like this whole thing was a flop. 

I think, no matter what, not everyone's going to be satisfied with this and I respect that. The problem is we've had so many jerseys that when it comes to things like a "reverse retro" it could be so many things. We basically have an identity crisis due to changing our jerseys so many times.

Personally, I think it's a lot better than what it could have been. At least we're not the Islanders. What did they even change in their jerseys? lol

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I think, no matter what, not everyone's going to be satisfied with this and I respect that. The problem is we've had so many jerseys that when it comes to things like a "reverse retro" it could be so many things. We basically have an identity crisis due to changing our jerseys so many times.

Personally, I think it's a lot better than what it could have been. At least we're not the Islanders. What did they even change in their jerseys? lol

I agree. I am lucky, I love the jersey, logo colours and everything. part of it is because I hate the flip flopping of identities. green and blue are the longest and current serving colours, orca is the longest serving primary. I say keep them for the primary. 

I get people being upset though, especially the skate crowd. I got into the Canucks when I was around 4 in 92, ive been a die hard, I like seeing the skate jerseys, its nostalgic and fun. after this jersey, the Orca fans have been served well, and the reason why the team went for this jersey for the retros makes it even cooler.  but I am down with a Skate alternate now, something in the current colour scheme.

problem with most mock ups is the skate logo is pretty clumsy... and adding the blue and green colours to it makes it look... cringy... Id now like to see a Mainly black jersey with Blue/green/white striping accents ETC with a modernized skate logo that is mainly black/silver, minimal colour to help it from looking dated a cluttered. I think those would be bad ass and fit into current Canucks identity. we won't be flip flopping any more, we will keep our blue and green identity and skate fans will be happy.

I am very happy not to share colours with Calgary anymore...unnamed.jpg.0cec98d85c0901fa773cc7e508db9730.jpg 

wouldn't happen but I think a good way to honour all Canucks jerseys:

home - Blue with current orca no word mark
roads - whites with stick and rink (like 40th anniversary jerseys)
Alternate -  Black blue/green  with silver skate.

all that being said... I DONT CARE ABOUT THE JERSEY, I WANT A CUP!!! ahaha 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

I might be the definition of middle ground on this one. Don't love it, don't hate it. 

From what I've read they were trying to take a retro concept and modernize it, and I don't really see the orca logo as retro, or modernized. 

PS - I think we can all agree that the real dud here is the Leafs jersey. 

I agree in that I neither hate nor love it. I felt the same about the original gradient. It's possible I may like it more or less when I actually see one though. Photos can often misrepresent actual color with lighting and flash. That said I think there was a missed opportunity here. Replace the blue with black, then replace the green with the blue, and last replace the white striping with green. You could then change the Orca in the logo to it's natural black. Then you are combing current colors with the black of the V and skate. Combining more retro elements into the retro gradient style. Also it would give us a dark jersey that so many seem to long for. I'd actually need to see it but picturing it in my mind I think I'd actually like it far more.

Btw, I think there are a lot more than TO that missed the mark. I do like the Caps and Hawks retro remix though. As ambivalent as I am to ours I do think it's one of the better ones. Several simply don't look different enough or chose poor colors imo.

• Cheers 1