The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you Pro-mask or Anti-mask?

J.I.A.H.N

Are you Pro-mask or Anti-mask?  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Battlemonger said:

If masks worked so well, we wouldn't be having record cases day after day. People touch their faces about 50 times more while wearing a mask. I'm pro thinking critically.

After the mask mandate occurs, our growth rate dropped significantly so that's wrong.

15 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

inb4 anyone who chooses to think for themselves or not wear a mask is labelled "selfish" "stupid conspiracy theorist" "far right anarchist" 

Do you have a reason to not wear a mask or is it simply a choice?

At worst, you wear a mask and “suffer” the minor inconvenience of having worn one at no cost to yourself or your own health. At best, you’re saving lives. What’s the issue here?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So every country decided to play along to make sure their billionaires get richer?

Again not much of a motive.

It's just like the evil cabal of novelty/decor globe manufacturing that are trying to keep the truth about the flat Earth under wraps :ph34r:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

At worst, you wear a mask and “suffer” the minor inconvenience of having worn one at no cost to yourself or your own health. At best, you’re saving lives. What’s the issue here?

It's a choice. A choice that everyone should have. If people are concerned, they can wear a mask can they not? If they are confident it will protect them then what is the issue?

If I am sick, I make sure to avoid direct contact with people REGARDLESS of the illness. Which is common sense and has always been the case. Colds and flu's are infectious too right?

What did people do when they had one of the 2 prior to this $&!# show? They stayed home or avoided extra close contact with people for a few days until they got better.

The same applies here. 

You want to wear a  mask at all times then be my guess. But don't go around vilifying others for choosing to do otherwise. This reminds of those overly religious types who try to convert everyone or overbearing vegans shaming those who go to a BBQ. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

I am actually a little baffled why this has become a human rights issue. It's a public health care crisis. No more, no less.

Because we live in a day where selfish, ignorant door knobs like to hijack every little thing if they can remotely use it to advance their idiotic agenda.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

8 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

The issue is that it will mean he’s a “sheep”.

Nothing worse than that!

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Love that you used that statistic. Coincidentally enough that is the approximate fatality rate of this virus as well. 

Oh the irony. Love it. :wub:

No, it's not lol. Plus it skyrockets when cases are uncontrolled and hospitals are overwhelmed, which is a major purpose of the safety measures. It's currently, what, 1-2% worldwide? Then look at the mortality rate when not everyone can access care because there are too many hospitalized patients. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

The issue is that it will mean he’s a “sheep”.

Nothing worse than that!

Thanks for further supporting my point. You have no other comment you can make so you go with the general consensus. Let's label everyone who doesn't agree with us "woke AF truthers" and "wack tin foil hat nuts". You're probably the same type of person who believes in BLM thinking they are serving a noble cause.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

It's a choice. A choice that everyone should have. If people are concerned, they can wear a mask can they not? If they are confident it will protect them then what is the issue?

If I am sick, I make sure to avoid direct contact with people REGARDLESS of the illness. Which is common sense and has always been the case. Colds and flu's are infectious too right?

What did people do when they had one of the 2 prior to this $&!# show? They stayed home or avoided extra close contact with people for a few days until they got better.

The same applies here. 

You want to wear a  mask at all times then be my guess. But don't go around vilifying others for choosing to do otherwise. This reminds of those overly religious types who try to convert everyone or overbearing vegans shaming those who go to a BBQ. 

Unfortunately, this results in mass cases, overwhelmed hospitals, skyrocketing death rates, decreased consumer confidence, and a weaker economical recovery outlook.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

So I guess 35,000 Doctors worldwide who have signed the Barrington Deceleration are not experts? Not to mention the countless other Virologists and Epidemiologist  who have spoken against the overall severity of this virus and the effectiveness of masks? Weird how only a select few opinions seem to matter but the others get brushed aside? Fascinating isn't it?

This isn't 1950. All the information is readily available. Up to you to look it up and make a rational, source based opinion. 

Except you’re believing information you find on the internet that you have no way of verifying vs the worlds top doctors telling you directly what the science is.

Thats the difference.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It's just like the evil cabal of novelty/decor globe manufacturing that are trying to keep the truth about the flat Earth under wraps :ph34r:

Not trying to pick on you in particular aGent, but I do wonder about people who make comments like that seem to belittle pretty much all conspiracy "theories". Have you heard the story of when General Smedley Butler testified that a cabal of high powered and well connected capitalists wanted to overthrow Roosevelt and install a facist government. The media mocked his claims, but today we know the conspiracy was real. Some conspiracies, no matter how outlandish they may seem, are in fact real, and Society would do well to remember that. 

7 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

No, it's not lol. Plus it skyrockets when cases are uncontrolled and hospitals are overwhelmed, which is a major purpose of the safety measures. It's currently, what, 1-2% worldwide? Then look at the mortality rate when not everyone can access care because there are too many hospitalized patients. 

2.29% worldwide as of now, 1.9% in the U.S. and 3.1% in Canada

http://www.covid-19canada.com/

2 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Thanks for further supporting my point. You have no other comment you can make so you go with the general consensus. Let's label everyone who doesn't agree with us "woke AF truthers" and "wack tin foil hat nuts". You're probably the same type of person who believes in BLM thinking they are serving a noble cause.  

Well that’s the only thing to go on because any time you ask people who are anti mask why they are they either quote some bogus source or just base it off feelings.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Well that’s the only thing to go on because any time you ask people who are anti mask why they are they either quote some bogus source or just base it off feelings.

Great way to determine the general view point. Truly flawless.

You literally have no rebuttal except recycled responses that seem to be popular. It's funny but also very sad at the same time. Carry on. No point in wasting each others time with this "discussion".  

• Wat 3

6 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Not trying to pick on you in particular aGent, but I do wonder about people who make comments like that seem to belittle pretty much all conspiracy "theories". Have you heard the story of when General Smedley Butler testified that a cabal of high powered and well connected capitalists wanted to overthrow Roosevelt and install a facist government. The media mocked his claims, but today we know the conspiracy was real. Some conspiracies, no matter how outlandish they may seem, are in fact real, and Society would do well to remember that. 

Those who mock in these discussions have never read a history book. Don't waste your energy. As always, history tends to repeat itself. I'm sure you know this based on your post. 

• Haha 1

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Great way to determine the general view point. Truly flawless.

You literally have no rebuttal except recycled responses that seem to be popular. It's funny but also very sad at the same time. Carry on. No point in wasting each others time with this "discussion".  

Again you provide no information and resort to emotional and empty rhetoric.

Just say you don’t want to wear one. I would find that more authentic than using bogus information to try and justify your view.

• Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Here's where you lose the argument.

Asymptomatic.

Some deadly virus then eh? It's hilarious that these responses are further supporting my point. 

"Asymptomatic" aka a healthy body with a strong immune system capable of defending itself against an illness. 

It's a weird correlation. I eat mostly all organic, drink tons of water, stay away from processed foods and exercises daily. I seem to never get sick. 

Edited by RRypien37
  • Wat 2