The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you Pro-mask or Anti-mask?

J.I.A.H.N

Are you Pro-mask or Anti-mask?  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I’m pro seatbelts. The science is overwhelming - - they help save lives.

If you’re in the front seat and choose not to wear a seatbelt, that’s your choice. If something happens to you, it’s on you, and it will likely only affect you. But if you’re in the back seat and not wearing your seatbelt, with someone in front of you, then you’re a selfish jerk. Because you’re more likely to injure/kill someone else because of your perceived choice.

Multiply that last part by however many people you might infect with the tiny spit particles constantly flying out of your nose and mouth as you breathe and talk (let alone cough or sneeze), from the disease you may already have but display no symptoms of...

Masks prevent a lot of that - the science is overwhelming. So if you’re anti-mask, you’re anti-science, anti-caring, anti-social-responsibility, and anti-decency.

What if you have a medical reason for not wearing a mask?  

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I’m pro seatbelts. The science is overwhelming - - they help save lives.

If you’re in the front seat and choose not to wear a seatbelt, that’s your choice. If something happens to you, it’s on you, and it will likely only affect you. But if you’re in the back seat and not wearing your seatbelt, with someone in front of you, then you’re a selfish jerk. Because you’re more likely to injure/kill someone else because of your perceived choice.

Multiply that last part by however many people you might infect with the tiny spit particles constantly flying out of your nose and mouth as you breathe and talk (let alone cough or sneeze), from the disease you may already have but display no symptoms of...

Masks prevent a lot of that - the science is overwhelming. So if you’re anti-mask, you’re anti-science, anti-caring, anti-social-responsibility, and anti-decency.

How about smoking in a public place? I come from a generation where most adults smoked. Science proved the harm and now the practice is dying, so to speak. We have never seen something like Covid, not in my life time anyway. When I was a kid many of us feared the inoculation needle at school  but no one was protesting the science behind having the shot. Mind you back then most people didn't question authority. I suspect masks will become part of our life for some time into the future. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I'm not pro mask or anti mask........I'm pro not heading for a full shutdown.  Im pro not saying  goodbye to my grandmother or my parents on FaceTime as they die alone.  I'm pro "there are experts who know a lot more than I do"

i am definitely pro mask, and i guess i am being selfish cause i am so dam tired  of having to stay in and not seeing my family and watching anti maskers being dumb enough to protest during this pandemic, just wear a mask and lets get this virus over with. 

13 minutes ago, Heretic said:

easy, you wear a clear plexiglass shield instead. This isn't rocket surgery, there are simple solitons for the small % that can't wear a cloth mask. 

• Cheers 2

Just wait until people start getting the Vaccine, then there will be more people not wearing masks and more arguments and fights on wearing and not wearing a mask.

It's just going to get worse, unless the government gives you something to maybe wear or a card stating you have been vaccinated, but if the government doesn't it could get ugly next year, because anti maskers will try and use this as well even if they haven't been vaccinated. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Just wait until people start getting the Vaccine, then there will be more people not wearing masks and more arguments and fights on wearing and not wearing a mask.

It's just going to get worse, unless the government gives you something to maybe wear or a card stating you have been vaccinated, but if the government doesn't it could get ugly next year, because anti maskers will try and use this as well even if they haven't been vaccinated. 

#Faux-vax'ers

What do people define as "mandatory" versus "voluntary"? Does requiring someone to wear a mask while moving throughout a coffee shop constitute a mandatory order? To me, it doesn't, because a person is under no obligation/requirement to enter that place in the beginning, and so they are voluntary to enter that place and in doing to agree to the rules stipulated. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Face shield?

The only issue I could see for not wearing one of those would be psychological I would think? as nothing is touching your face. Like wearing a visor. 

Edited by bishopshodan
that smarty pants Jimmy already mentioned this.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

easy, you wear a clear plexiglass shield instead. This isn't rocket surgery, there are simple solitons for the small % that can't wear a cloth mask. 

Exactly - but don't call them anti science/etc  ;)

One of the ladies in our Poultry club has a breathing disorder and can't wear a mask - but a shield works for her.  

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Lancaster said:

It all depends on what you mean by pro-mask or anti-mask.  

I 100% do not support mandated mask usage.... but 100% voluntary.  

I firmly support how the Japanese handle things when they get sick.... be considerate enough to wear a mask.  

I am pro-responsibility.  

Sadly, not everyone is or voluntary would work.