The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtual Hot Stove Lunch with Bieksa, Burrows, Kes & Murph

Rate this topic

-DLC-

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Leaving work early Friday....all set/can't wait!  This was one of my favourite interviews....I was there, in the crowd that stuck around to watch it live.

Thankfully Luc was looking out for us...  :wub:

F' me that is a great interview.  Respect for what needs to be done, never giving up, friendship rang true and genuine, appreciating a coach who gave him a chance? Made him work hard! Appreciating, but not taking for granted where he was at, what he still wanted to do...

There was not a word in that interview which did not illustrate every important character trait that is admirable to have?

• Cheers 1

That was great fun....just what I needed.  LOVE hearing their stories and seeing how much fun they still have together.

The lobster in Kes' bed and Burr's having "evidence" in the form of a picture of who did it (hey wait, doesn't that mean you were there, Burr?").

Juice's story of Tom Sestito being awkward as he greeted him one night....KB3 entered his room to find the heat cranked WAY up and all the furniture from the room on his bed!  :towel:  But the reminder that nothing was malicious or bullying....it was all harmless stuff that they all had fun with.

But the serious stuff too...the talk of how they bonded and Kevin didn't have a bad thing to say about Kes or Burr....despite what other teams and players may have.

Lu even chimed in in the comments a few times.    Gold.  

image.png

Kes kept freezing and the sound was a bit choppy, but worth every second of tuning in.   I went to work REEEAAAAL early this morning so I could book out of there to watch this at home.  Glad I did.

I didn't think I'd ever have another team to replace how I felt about the '94 team.  Then these guys happened.  And they'll forever be etched on my Canuck heart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1