The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

53 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

The difference is that the Trudeau family was probably all tested prior to the gathering, not that that makes it right. It was no doubt a short sighted move from a political POV and is hypocritical of the gov's message but in reality they wouldn't have met without the reassurance that they were all negative, a luxury we don't have. The danger is in the movement of the populace, not an isolated (likely pre tested) family. The optics are bad though.

So do as I say not as I do.  Got it.  No worries though,  he probably took all the precautions. 

49 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's getting to the point where you can't even have a discussion with Trudeau supporters without the blatant hypocrisy. 

You can't even reason with some.  I have friends that are having meltdowns because people are leaving the house.  I went for a drive the other day.  One friend flipped out saying I was selfish and was risking peoples lives.  Apparently we are no longer friends.

The fear mongering is real.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I heard he is at 74% approval right now.

People love him, it's not surprising if you find a lot that are defensive

Well, all Canadian Politicians have high approval ratings.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6792998/coronavirus-canada-politicians-approval-ratings/

Ontario Premier Doug Ford even have a higher rating than Trudeau, at 83% approval.   Does that mean people love him too?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I wouldn't read too much into that as it takes a real special kind of piece of work for your approval NOT to spike up during a crisis like this.  

(hint:  look at Orange man :lol:)

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DonLever said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6792998/coronavirus-canada-politicians-approval-ratings/

Ontario Premier Doug Ford even have a higher rating than Trudeau, at 83% approval.   Does that mean people love him too?

No, just that polls are mostly bull$&!# and easily manipulated.

Though. Ford does appear to be a man of the people through this. 

Edited by Grapefruits

2 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Doug Ford is surprising alot of people with his leadership though.  My opinion....it's fairly accurate (for this moment in time).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

24 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

People love him, it's not surprising if you find a lot that are defensive

3 minutes ago, DonLever said:

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I wouldn't read too much into that as it takes a real special kind of piece of work for your approval NOT to spike up during a crisis like this.  

(hint:  look at Orange man :lol:)

I think this is accurate. 

3 minutes ago, DonLever said:

He sure is more palatable these days ain't he?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually there is a few stories on it. Canadas top doctor told Canadians not to head to their cottages. 

Pretty ridiculous, brings his whole family on a plane funded by tax payers during a pandemic no less.

Canada's top doctor told Canadians not to.

Actually it's not just opinion pieces. Trudeau and Scheer, do as we say not as we do. Honestly it's not a big deal to me but I can certainly understand why people get annoyed with politcians/government. 

What can you say...ok millennials. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

JT drove 30 minutes to his cottage.... Pretty sure he could do it with no stops.

Relax people.

I can see restrictions here in BC being slowly relaxed... probably starting in early May.

Canada's top doctor told Canadians not to do it.

The restrictions in Alberta are in place until at least the end of May.

Edited by Ryan Strome

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yup.   Liquor store and weed store are open here.  Canadian Tire is open.    Yet  both my doctor and dentist office is closed. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Construction workers are driving 1-2  hours each day AM and PM combined...  to build condos for off shore investors here in BC .... each and every  day. 

JT driving 30 mins to see his wife and kids is no big deal. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Construction workers are driving 1-2  hours each day AM and PM combined...  to build condos for off shore investors here in BC .... each and every  day. 

JT driving 30 mins to see his wife and kids is no big deal. 

It's about resources not being available in these areas not the length of drive.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

The Alberta government said things will remain the same until at least the end of May.

I called the city today to ask if confederation park was open, it was they said just practice social distancing. Admittedly I haven't been out much, just drinking instead. Let me tell you there was a few people completely oblivious and walk right next to you.

Confed park in Burnaby?

Whenever I go there, I go late and avoid the track.  I don't get within 50 feet of anyone.  Too many runners and joggers.  Today from a distance I saw a family of 5 walking all spread out on the track the opposite way.  One of the kids almost bumped into another walker.  Its stuff like that which gets parks close.  If your kids cannot stay stop running around out of control, don't bring them.

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

He sure is more palatable these days ain't he?

Don't worry, when they say eventually we'll get back to normal, that will too.  But for those of us that are left of the right of centre, at least as far as Doug Ford goes, we'll always have the pandemic.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I knew liquor stores were open but I didn't know weed stores were open haha.

https://mjbizdaily.com/map-of-marijuana-businesses-in-canada-open-during-coronavirus/

Yah, crappy tire is open  /. local weed store is open....    but my doctor office is closed.....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Confed park in Burnaby?

Whenever I go there, I go late and avoid the track.  I don't get within 50 feet of anyone.  Too many runners and joggers.  Today from a distance I saw a family of 5 walking all spread out on the track the opposite way.  One of the kids almost bumped into another walker.  Its stuff like that which gets parks close.  If your kids cannot stay stop running around out of control, don't bring them.

Calgary. 

It wasn't kids.

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's about resources not being available in these areas not the length of drive.

Can't see how driving 30 minutes to be your wife and child is a concern....

It can take 60 mins just to get across vancouver at many times of the day...

JT haters just gunna hate i guess.....

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Canada's top doctor told Canadians not to.

And?....

You know what. I get it. You're also anti-Trudeau to begin with so there's probably not even a point in arguing with you as we'd be at an impass. I'd rather just focus on the more important things.... like the coronavirus! Did you know there's a epidemic happening? Seems like a really long movie though. I thought it would end after an hour but it won't turn off for some reason.

(Plus I just don't feel like debating right now lol)