The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Hey gramps, keep doing as you're told and stay inside.

Keep flapping your lips, all I've advocated for is

1-freedom

2-personal choice over your own body

3-standing up to the 3 or 4 weirdos on this site who keep wishing death on others.

If you've got a problem with any of that then kiss my ass.

image.gif.77be74da44e0e714a5e262c4e7633b8a.gif

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Hey gramps, keep doing as you're told and stay inside.  Just remember these years you're losing you wont get back.  This pandemic isnt ending any time soon. Trudeau has already pre-paid for about 6 boosters each. Buckle in. You keep complying, they will keep you from living your golden years out the way youd planned to.

Keep flapping your lips, all I've advocated for is

1-freedom

2-personal choice over your own body

3-standing up to the 3 or 4 weirdos on this site who keep wishing death on others.

If you've got a problem with any of that then kiss my ass.

Since when do we have freedom?

I'm not allowed to do tons of stuff I might consider....laws, regulations, the social contract all infringe on my true freedoms. I guess they're in place to look after the greater population though.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Fake news.

The vaccinations have propelled the spread and put far more folks in danger then any other time during this pandemic. 3000 cases per day that they can even count...  

The vaccination does ZERO to keep anyone else safe besides yourself, and the evidence is even showing this to be false as time goes on.  Looks to be a future of boosters every 3 months for life....to keep you "safe"

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0245-002461

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 21-27)

• Not vaccinated: 318.5
  • Partially vaccinated: 82.6
  • Fully vaccinated: 257.6

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 14-27)

• Not vaccinated: 17.5
  • Partially vaccinated: 0.0
  • Fully vaccinated: 1.2

Yea it's not doing much for cases anymore, but look at those hospitalization numbers. 

How has vaccination propelled the spread. You make it sound like the vaccine is increasing the transmissibility/infectivity of the virus, which is silly. The virus mutated and, as a result of that mutation, has increased it's transmissibility/become more contagious. Vaccination also keeps *everyone* safe by keeping people out of the hospital so that tests/procedures don't get pushed back due to the hospitals overcrowding with severe covid patients.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0245-002461

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 21-27)

• Not vaccinated: 318.5
  • Partially vaccinated: 82.6
  • Fully vaccinated: 257.6

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 14-27)

• Not vaccinated: 17.5
  • Partially vaccinated: 0.0
  • Fully vaccinated: 1.2

Yea it's not doing much for cases anymore, but look at those hospitalization numbers. 

How has vaccination propelled the spread. You make it sound like the vaccine is increasing the transmissibility/infectivity of the virus, which is silly. The virus mutated and, as a result of that mutation, has increased it's transmissibility/become more contagious. Vaccination also keeps *everyone* safe by keeping people out of the hospital so that tests/procedures don't get pushed back due to the hospitals overcrowding with severe covid patients.  

Part of the "trouble" with these numbers is the incredible sensitivity of the PCR tests.  Positivity also will mean very different things in these two distinct populations.  The partially vaccinated are interesting as they are really the ones with the largest part of the group getting peak immunogenicity and it is very effective (though this is a very small group so I wonder about statistical significance).

A person can test positive for 12 weeks with PCR tests after having COVID even though they are well past the point they are transmissive.  In theory a person could test positive with significant exposure and no viral replication in which case the COVID positive person never actually had COVID they had COVID exposure.  Most of the time in asymptomatic immune people, these positives occur with very minor replication in the upper airway but no real significant illness or viral load.  Basically the virus gets in and the immune system kicks in and starts killing it quickly but it is enough replication occurs for the very sensitive test to be positive.

I think at some point we will need to start defining what a positive PCR test means for immune vs non-immune, in fact they are if you look at some of the current guidelines.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Wow.

I'm a fit guy. I have a Garmin activity tracker watch.

I usually have a daily resting heart rate in the high 50's/ low 60's bpm.

So far today resting is at 76bpm, even when I went back for a nap after realising I could not work out at 6am.

I'm going for a dog walk for some fresh air. I dont care for this stupid cron.

Stupid xmas gatherings. I was doing soo well, i live remote and I'm a timber framer...I work outside with usually one person. Very small social group. The restrictions of the pandemic were not as big an issue for me. Yet here we are. 

Stupid. xmas. gatherings. 

Sounds like the flu, did you test?