The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

f you think lockdowns and restrictions work for the current phase of the pandemic sadly they don’t.

Wear a medical mask,

stay home if you know you have covid.

Hilarious, and yet sad at the same time. Please make up you mind.

Do you support restrictions, like wearing your mask, and staying home if you are sick, or not?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

More than ok with opening things up for the adults.  The unvaccinated clearly should not be given any more privileges for this tantrum they are throwing right now, and do not  belong in any business serving the general public.  It is time to stop going easy on these idiots since they are rewarding the leniency by trying to destroy the country.,  Give them something to really cry about.

The problem with the antivaxxers is is the stick hasn’t worked and the passport system is a big burden on business and could kill some hospitality based businesses in addition to the ones it already has.  Time for people to come together and move forward and we can’t do that until all Canadians are equal again.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Hilarious, and yet sad at the same time. Please make up you mind.

Do you support restrictions, like wearing your mask, and staying home if you are sick, or not?

Let business be open, community events to run, recreation to thrive, kids in school And people be together.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

The problem with the antivaxxers is is the stick hasn’t worked and the passport system is a big burden on business and could kill some hospitality based businesses in addition to the ones it already has.  Time for people to come together and move forward and we can’t do that until all Canadians are equal again.

We should not be giving the parasites who are actively trying to destroy our medical system the same privileges as others.  The passport system has worked great from preventing the rest of us from having to eat next to a walking biohazard.  Plenty of businesses will suffer as well if they have to allow these losers in.  There is no reason to give in to the tantrum; antivaxxers are simply not welcome in society; they do not deserve to be treated equally with the vast majority of people who are sick of their ta x dollars being wasted on prolonging the lives of people the country would be better off without.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

We'll be "equal" when we factor in the healthcare workers and their situation.  Their business is also to be factored in.

Until then, we have to do whatever it takes to make them part of the equation.  

And allow the cancer patients and others to be "equal" in proportion to the health care they can access.  That stuff has to be balanced as well.

Deb I agree with 99% of what you say on this forum but not this.  Vaccines prevent severe illness but don’t stop the disease from spreading.  The small percentage of unvaccinated if they are truly the cause of plugged health system speaks more to the system than the unvaccinated.  To qualify I am double vaccinated and have subsequently contracted omicron.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I remember him quite well actually....

I sparred with him often and I think there was some mutual respect there, but just before he was banned we had a run-in that soured it permanently. He accused me of doing / saying something that crossed the line and when I challenged him to prove or retract his claim, he did neither, instead doubling down on the accusation.

From that point on, he was dead to me and I don't miss him at all.

thats fair. I just appreciated his direct approach, unlike this recent crop that can't own their own stuff. 

Its pretty telling that our buddy here just can't come out and do it.

• Cheers 3

29 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Let business be open, community events to run, recreation to thrive, kids in school And people be together.  

we're doing most of that with mandates, and things have been lifted as various waves ebbed and flowed. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Deb I agree with 99% of what you say on this forum but not this.  Vaccines prevent severe illness but don’t stop the disease from spreading.  The small percentage of unvaccinated if they are truly the cause of plugged health system speaks more to the system than the unvaccinated.  To qualify I am double vaccinated and have subsequently contracted omicron.  

At the moment, though, we can't overhaul the system in an immediate fix.

So, with a system that's lacking (it is), we have to carefully protect it from being flooded and people being turned away.  The unvaxed are reportedly the majority filling those beds and so, in the here and now, that's what needs fixing. To reduce that number.

Did you end up in the hospital?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1