The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I remember you posting this. 

Then there is this.

As the narrator states at the start many still don't believe this happened or it's a myth.

It's crazy that René Lévesque (yes, *THAT SAME* René Lévesque), was actually at that battle in the aftermath as a news reporter!

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It's crazy that René Lévesque (yes, *THAT SAME* René Lévesque), was actually at that battle in the aftermath as a news reporter!

It strikes me as sad that millions of men who  tried to kill each other had more respect for each other, both during and after the conflict, than people do on opposing sides of the vaccination debate.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

If the Hutu's and Tutsi's can live together in Rwanda after the 1994 genocide. I think we'll manage just fine.

So do I, but it seems like some people have been fairly dehumanized over their beliefs.  But was a higher vaccination rate than what we've seen in Canada even possible?  Prob. not.  I'm not antivax, but I'm not pretending that we can somehow sustain shutting them out from society, which is pretty much what's being suggested.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

So do I, but it seems like some people have been fairly dehumanized over their beliefs.  But was a higher vaccination rate than what we've seen in Canada even possible?  Prob. not.  I'm not antivax, but I'm not pretending that we can somehow sustain shutting them out from society, which is pretty much what's being suggested.

Tell me exactly how society is made better by allowing these parasites back in.  What exactly have they done to deserve being treated with the same respect as the vast majority of Canadians who aren't walking biohazards?  This is a group of people so stupid they are supporting domestic terrorism in order to attempt to force the rest of the country to give in to their tantrum.  Excuse me if I'd rather eat dinner away from people who are such a disgrace to their country that they think what is going on in Ottawa is acceptable.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

While I know many people who have had Covid, some of whom were already vaccinated, they are still definitely in the minority. If what you say is true, I can only assume that you and your friends are anti-vaxers. Because most of my friends have been vaxed, and those who have (knowingly) had Covid are distinctly in the minority (at least so far). Is it your belief that the majority of the 38 million Canadians have had Covid?

fwiw This group of people I'm referring to spans the globe.  They include all age groups, so no, the elderly don't want restrictions to continue, as at this point they're like 'what's life for if it's not for living?'  They include all political leanings.  The people well on the right are like, 'Told ya so' atm, but the people on the left range from confused to annoyed at still having restrictions in place.  They include people from Europe, Asia, the states, Australia, NZ, etc.  All have contracted omicron or expect to or at least have someone close to them who has.  They include boosted, fully vaxxed, and unvaxxed people.  It didn't make any difference.  Omicron is just that contagious.  They're all thankful omicron is mild and are waiting for restrictions to be lifted, if they haven't been already.

So in my view we're clearly needing restrictions to be lifted as it will be publicly necessary under these circumstances.  There's just far too much anecdotal evidence to support something else.  Not surprisingly, our provinces and all important health authorities in Canada agree, but are just indecisive about when to do it.  That much has been ridiculously politicized to what we see now:  A complete disruption of normal political discourse in Canada.

Edited by TOMapleLaughs
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Tell me exactly how society is made better by allowing these parasites back in.  What exactly have they done to deserve being treated with the same respect as the vast majority of Canadians who aren't walking biohazards?  This is a group of people so stupid they are supporting domestic terrorism in order to attempt to force the rest of the country to give in to their tantrum.  Excuse me if I'd rather eat dinner away from people who are such a disgrace to their country that they think what is going on in Ottawa is acceptable.

How do we expect to keep them shunned, exactly?  Not even the vaxxed public will stand for it.  Esp. since we've gotten omicron regardless. 

This take might have been valid at the time of vax passport installation.  Now vax passports appear to be useless.  That was all but admitted when capacity restrictions were installed in vax passport facilities.

The dehumanizing of them needs to end.  The repairing of our society needs to begin.  Simple as that.

Edited by TOMapleLaughs
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

How do we expect to keep them shunned, exactly?  Not even the vaxxed public will stand for it.  Esp. since we've gotten omicron regardless. 

This take might have been valid at the time of vax passport installation.  Now vax passports appear to be useless.  That was all but admitted when capacity restrictions were installed in vax passport facilities.

The dehumanizing of them needs to end.  The repairing of our society needs to begin.  Simple as that.

They are being treated as humans, just very, very stupid ones, which is what they are.  Children are not allowed in nightclubs yet no one is saying they are being dehumanized.  Either stop treating them for covid on the taxpayer dime or keep them away from the rest of us who aren't worthless parasites.  After this terrorist attack, I'm all for giving them something to really cry about and ban them from all businesses open to the general public.  They can buy their horsey paste online.  The way to repair our society is to keep those actively trying to destroy it where they will cause the minimum of harm.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I have read your posts over many pages here. What you are saying by posting again and again is becoming hate speak.  

Fella you need to stop posting.

There are laws in this country against hate speak. I think you need to consider whether you have crossed the line into breaking the law and if you persist if you are going to attract attention that you may not want.

Offering an opinion is acceptable.  But you are hating a specific group of people and suggesting they be put in camps, or permanently excluded from society - this is publicly posting  hate speak. Just gonna ask you to please stop so this doesn't escalate further into something nobody wants.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Offering an opinion is acceptable.  But you are hating a specific group of people and suggesting they be put in camps, or permanently excluded from society - this is publicly posting  hate speak. Just gonna ask you to please stop so this doesn't escalate further into something nobody wants.

Find a quote that suggested that or admit you're building a strawman.  Idiots are not a protected group under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.  I have no less right to voice my opinion than the domestic terrorists currently infesting our capital.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I have read your posts over many pages here. What you are saying by posting again and again is becoming hate speak.  

Fella you need to stop posting.

There are laws in this country against hate speak. I think you need to consider whether you have crossed the line into breaking the law and if you persist if you are going to attract attention that you may not want.

Erecting straw men, ie: fabricating words to put in other peoples mouths as you have done here, shows a lack of honesty on your part. And not for the first time. I would suggest that you stop doing it, but you evidently believe that being dishonest is your inalienable right, and that you think you are so clever that nobody notices.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

My buddy just posted on Facebook his anti-vaxxer beliefs. I support his right to voice his opinion, as long as it is just his opinion and not against societies laws..........

I support his right to protest, as long as his protest does not infringe on other peoples right. Harassing medical personnel, or blocking highways, are against the law. So I do not support that. But as I contemplated this response, I came to a question, of who makes the laws and what is democracy?

I look to Stanford University for an answer, and came up with this....https://diamond-democracy.stanford.edu/speaking/lectures/what-democracy

In the definition, it talked about minority views, in that it describes how a democracy protects all people in a society, as long as their views and actions are within the law. Now, the key word is society...............so in fact society makes the laws, as society elects the politicians that make the laws, and it is society, through extension that place the judges, that enforce the laws.

But is it that simple, well no, because it is not 100% of the people that make the laws that society has to follow, but rather the elected party, who may or may not represent the majority of Canadians..........aka minority governments, and the fact that in almost all elections, it is done without all adult Canadians voting. So even in majority governments, it is seldom seen that the majority of the entire voting public put a winning party in. 

Saying all that, we give the right to vote to all adult Canadians, whether they vote or not. So as my father told me, no voting means no right to complain...................Now, I am sure most anti-vaxxers vote. And this block may change who win the next election..........One never knows, one should ponder this.

So this brings me back full circle with my friend, and that it is his right, to speak but not his right to break societies rules.

For me, as I said to my friend, protect me, and I will protect you, respect me, and I will respect you...................But if you want to change societies rules, you do it at the voting booth.

PS

They should never have named it...Canadians rights and freedoms, but instead, should have called it Canadians rights to privileges, as people seem to feel these rights and freedoms are absolute, where in fact, there are many cases where our privileges are taken away, if we do no follow societies laws............pretty simple, really! 

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

You need to stop posting lies about what people have written here. Post the comment allegedly made about putting people in camps or shut the &^@# up. Honestly, you folks just don't know when to quit, do you? Strawman arguments and outright lies about people posting here is the only thingyou in you've got left? Gettoutta here and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

We're tired, we're fed up with having to deal with folks like you and those illustrating their ignorance in Ottawa and in other Freedumb convoys. going into a third year of a pandemic that some folks seem to think you can just stop trying to mitigate the damages of.

Speaking on the subject of the Freedom Convoy

I hope the Government is taking license plates numbers and check their income tax expenses for while they are in Ottawa, and all the expenses getting there and back.....

I mean, it would be fraudulent to claim work while there!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Speaking on the subject of the Freedom Convoy

I hope the Government is taking license plates numbers and check their income tax expenses for while they are in Ottawa, and all the expenses getting there and back.....

I mean, it would be fraudulent to claim work while there!

And ya know some of them are going to try it.... gotta pay for those Peterbilts and the gas bills somehow!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

They are being treated as humans, just very, very stupid ones, which is what they are.  Children are not allowed in nightclubs yet no one is saying they are being dehumanized.  Either stop treating them for covid on the taxpayer dime or keep them away from the rest of us who aren't worthless parasites.  After this terrorist attack, I'm all for giving them something to really cry about and ban them from all businesses open to the general public.  They can buy their horsey paste online.  The way to repair our society is to keep those actively trying to destroy it where they will cause the minimum of harm.

You do realize this is all unworkable, yes?  The hyperbolic nonsense isn't doing much to help here, except create a chuckle.

25 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

My buddy just posted on Facebook his anti-vaxxer beliefs. I support his right to voice his opinion, as long as it is just his opinion and not against societies laws..........

I support his right to protest, as long as his protest does not infringe on other peoples right. Harassing medical personnel, or blocking highways, are against the law. So I do not support that. But as I contemplated this response, I came to a question, of who makes the laws and what is democracy?

I look to Stanford University for an answer, and came up with this....https://diamond-democracy.stanford.edu/speaking/lectures/what-democracy

In the definition, it talked about minority views, in that it describes how a democracy protects all people in a society, as long as their views and actions are within the law. Now, the key word is society...............so in fact society makes the laws, as society elects the politicians that make the laws, and it is society, through extension that place the judges, that enforce the laws.

But is it that simple, well no, because it is not 100% of the people that make the laws that society has to follow, but rather the elected party, who may or may not represent the majority of Canadians..........aka minority governments, and the fact that in almost all elections, it is done without all adult Canadians voting. So even in majority governments, it is seldom seen that the majority of the entire voting public put a winning party in. 

Saying all that, we give the right to vote to all adult Canadians, whether they vote or not. So as my father told me, no voting means no right to complain...................Now, I am sure most anti-vaxxers vote. And this block may change who win the next election..........One never knows, one should ponder this.

So this brings me back full circle with my friend, and that it is his right, to speak but not his right to break societies rules.

For me, as I said to my friend, protect me, and I will protect you, respect me, and I will respect you...................But if you want to change societies rules, you do it at the voting booth.

PS

They should never have named it...Canadians rights and freedoms, but instead, should have called it Canadians rights to privileges, as people seem to feel these rights and freedoms are absolute, where in fact, there are many cases where our privileges are taken away, if we do no follow societies laws............pretty simple, really! 

Society's rules with regards to omicron are changing by the day regardless.  So why do we need to make such grandiose statements about it now when they will be obsolete in a week?