The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Interesting...

Thats the same BC  government that told us masks did not work / were not needed  and that covid was transmitted  from touching surfaces and not airborn.

BC government lost all its credibility in regards to covid 6 months ago.....

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Interesting...

Great news.  I wonder if they have a better idea about the OAZ vaccine delivery dates and amounts.  Hopefully when the J&J gets approved this is changed to June.  

45 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

With 4 months between doses now, is that regardless of which dose you receive I assume? Is the latest vaccine to be approved in Canada only have 62% effectiveness after 1 dose vs 80% for the Pfizer or Moderna?

I am looking at the numbers.  I wonder if this 4 month plan was thought up before the OAZ approval.  

We know we get 6 million Pfizer and Moderna by the end of March.  As they are being given to higher risk groups lots of those will be first and second doses.  

So maybe enough for 2 million people to get both doses and 2 million people to get their first.

Then from April to June we are expecting 10.8 million Pfizer and 10 million Moderna.  So that's 21 million more first doses.  25 million people total.  We have around 30 million adults.  Then add July shipments, we would be over 30 million.

Edited by BCNeil

3 hours ago, BCNeil said:

I am looking at the numbers.  I wonder if this 4 month plan was thought up before the OAZ approval.  

We know we get 6 million Pfizer and Moderna by the end of March.  As they are being given to higher risk groups lots of those will be first and second doses.  

So maybe enough for 2 million people to get both doses and 2 million people to get their first.

Then from April to June we are expecting 10.8 million Pfizer and 10 million Moderna.  So that's 21 million more first doses.  25 million people total.  We have around 30 million adults.  Then add July shipments, we would be over 30 million.

Does not matter which vaccine you get, it will be 4 months between shots.  Dr. Henry want as many people as possible to get the first shot, that is why they are lengthening the time between shots.

Company's say 4 week between shots is recommended and research has supported.....  so BC a says 4 months between is the way to go...

Really ?????

The United States must stick to a two-dose strategy for the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, top U.S. infectious disease official Anthony Fauci told the Washington Post.

Fauci said that delaying a second dose to inoculate more Americans creates risks. COVID-19 has claimed more than half a million lives in the United States, and states are clamouring for more doses to stem cases, hospitalizations and deaths.

But Fauci warned that shifting to a single-dose strategy for the vaccines could leave people less protected, enable variants to spread and possibly boost skepticism among Americans already hesitant to get the shots.

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well, they are run by GOP politicians.   If you saw the debacle that was CPAC this weekend, you can get a sense as to why.

Which part?

The open nazi ideology

The "salutes"

The references to white is right or else

The worshipping of a Golden idol

Or any of the rest....it's insane what happened

• Cheers 3

I follow MMA pretty closely.

It has some real examples of Covid long haul issues amongst the worlds top athletes.

One of those affected is potentially the hottest new comer the sport has seen.

He is now getting political pressure from this awful dictator. Poor kid. 

Chechen dictator Ramzan Kadyrov pressures Khamzat Chimaev out of retirement despite COVID-19 complications

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/3/2/22309862/chechen-dictator-ramzan-kadyrov-khamzat-chimaev-retirement-coronavirus-politics-chechnya-news