The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Canada pretty much hit 75% single/20% double for 12+.

Now they need to do that for the entire population. I think they can get there in July. Most provinces are close to 70% first dose. 

Getting my 2nd next week.  Now, if we can get more of the fence sitters off of their posteriors. 

EDIT:  I'd love to see us get past what Vermont has done.

https://vermontbiz.com/news/2021/may/21/scott-announces-threshold-80-percent-vaccinated-remove-all-covid-restrictions

Scott announces threshold of 80 percent vaccinated to remove all COVID restrictions

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Aren’t there something like 3000 different Christian church’s out there?  I’m thinking the vast majority of Christian churches encourage vaccination.  

I'm not sure how many churches there are but probably alot more than 3000    I don't think churches should be in the business of giving those recommendations. It's a personal choice based on what you believe about it, not a pastors job to do that. 

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

There are those in the Christian community who are against vaccination ( the more vocal ones) 

And there are those who are not against it. (The ones you don't hear from)

In my community and the circles that I work and hang with that are not Christian have alot against it as well.!!!!!  I'm not sure why you think it's only Christians because clearly it's not. 

In those conversations that I have the general feeling that I get from those particular people (Christian or not) is that there is no trust anymore for our leaders.

With the end times beliefs and prophecies that are in the Bible alot of the preachers are teaching we are near the end. They have alot of the Christian community scared and thinking there is an evil motive behind absolutely everything. 

This is how it seems to me. 

thanks E I appreciate the response. I don't think its just Christians, its just the personal situation we are in with a caregiver happens to be evangelical and I was wondering if there was any chance of having a discussion with her about reconsidering her choice. 

I think if she's in the camp of the end times folks, I would hazard a guess its not worth the time. We'll likely have to replace her soon which is too bad, she's really good otherwise. 

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll jump in.  I think it has something to do with this.  I've actually had someone bring this up in a debate I had with them a while back.  I brought up how the Catholic Church and others had said it was OK.  That didn't end well.  (Covid: Vatican says coronavirus vaccines 'morally acceptable')

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/conservatives-confront-moral-dilemma-vaccines-treatments-derived-fetal/story?id=73664533

Conservatives confront moral dilemma of vaccines and treatments derived from fetal tissue cells

Race against COVID-19 raises deep debate at the nexus of experiment, ethics.

yeah I doubt that many of the newer denominations care what the pope says, sadly. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I doubt that many of the newer denominations care what the pope says, sadly. 

I had forgotten about that. That's why my sister is so against the vaccine is the fetal tissue thing. 

Again though, I don't think that's limited to the Christian community. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If the mom is vaccinated then she’s safe, right?  Aren’t these vaccines pretty near 100% effective against serious Cov disease?

Its the non vaccinated who are at serious risk, no?   

for a while, but they lose their effectiveness over time. So there's a decision to be made soon. Its really hard on my wife, she's scared about covid but also worried about what happens if her mom doesn't respond to another caregiver, so you lose her to dementia that way instead of covid. 

So what do you pick? quality of life, and risk covid, or not? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

4 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I had forgotten about that. That's why my sister is so against the vaccine is the fetal tissue thing. 

Again though, I don't think that's limited to the Christian community. 

no its not. Thanks for the insight tho, I don't get the sense there's any room for talking the caregiver out of her position on it, particularly if she thinks she's fighting the good fight on some other issue. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Depends if he's allowed to fly to the US and the NHL is signing him up to get vaccinated. 

CDC actually recognizes all WHO approved vaccines and that includes AZ. 

Individual businesses may not yet adopted it. But it's still early. I wouldn't worry about AZ. Millions in UK, EU, India and around the world got them. Once travel bans are lifted they will be a system.  Locally, many states in US don't use vaccine passports. NY is among the exceptions. We have the Excelsior pass. And the pass also accept recent negative PCR or rapid antigen tests, so non vaccinated can be accepted in some venues too (not a state law, individual businesses can choose to use it or not). 

Around 22:50 mark Dr Griffin explains what US will do when dealing with foreigners who got a vaccine abroad, based on CDC.

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

CDC actually recognizes all WHO approved vaccines and that includes AZ. 

Individual businesses may not yet adopted it. But it's still early. I wouldn't worry about AZ. Millions in UK, EU, India and around the world got them. Once travel bans are lifted they will be a system.  Locally, many states in US don't use vaccine passports. NY is among the exceptions. We have the Excelsior pass. And the pass also accept recent negative PCR or rapid antigen tests, so non vaccinated can be accepted in some venues too (not a state law, individual businesses can choose to use it or not). 

Around 22:50 mark Dr Griffin explains what US will do when dealing with foreigners who got a vaccine abroad, based on CDC.

I was more hinting at the Aqua's using their pull as owners flying to the US to "Jump the queue" so to speak. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I was more hinting at the Aqua's using their pull as owners flying to the US to "Jump the queue" so to speak. 

did Aqua do that? if I'm being honest tho, if I were a billionaire guy with my own jet, I would have done that too. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

did Aqua do that? if I'm being honest tho, if I were a billionaire guy with my own jet, I would have done that too. 

I don't know, just wondering would they wait like the rest of us, or would they just go to the US? 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't know, just wondering would they wait like the rest of us, or would they just go to the US? 

If he was going to the US on allowed travel for business anyway, he'd probably get it done on one of those trips. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If he was going to the US on allowed travel for business anyway, he'd probably get it done on one of those trips. 

Or just pay a $500 fine. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no its not. Thanks for the insight tho, I don't get the sense there's any room for talking the caregiver out of her position on it, particularly if she thinks she's fighting the good fight on some other issue. 

If I person is against getting the vaccine aren't they only putting themselves at risk but not others? 

So I don't understand why someone would be fired or prevented from travel or anything 

• Cheers 1

2nd dose update - arm is fricking sore lol but otherwise no other symptoms. Girlfriend got hers Thursday and had the same sore arm - we both described it as feeling like our arms were made of cement - was very difficult to lift them up. Must have been the microchip they injected us with :emot-parrot:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1