The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

5 hours ago, johngould21 said:

So apparently Eric Clapton and Van Morrison are part of the anti vax crowd. I, at one time was hoping to see EC live, not anymore.

Morrison is actually well known for being an obstinate prick....Clapton? Well, considering he stole his friend's wife, nothing really surprises me there.

Honestly, lots of great musicians are/were dickwads. I remember disliking David Crosby for years....but then I saw a documentary about his life and he called Jim Morrison an A-hole.....I liked him a lot better after that...;)

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

when do I become magnetic? 

and when I do, will I need a special helmet for old frenemies that can read and control my mind?

I hear the Vegas Golden Knights will have some shiny gold headgear on the market soon.  They won't be needing it much longer!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Bingo.

I have no problem telling them that they are dummies.

However, their nurse friend was just talking the other night about how harsh the vaccine was and how it increased an under arm lymph node so much that she though she was growing a third boob.

I told the husband today, yeah....she's a nurse not a doctor....and 3 boobs? that sounds like you three discussing something you have no idea about. 

That said, I didn't have the ammo to tell him why the vax is safe. 

I will heed your obvious advice. Talk to your doctor!

Even better....their Ob-Gyn.....

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

when do I become magnetic? 

and when I do, will I need a special helmet for old frenemies that can read and control my mind?

It kicked in for me a few weeks ago....

....I've been trying to take my glasses off for a month, FFS....:angry:

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Honestly B, nothing against your niece and her husband, but this is pretty simple....

....they should ask their doctor. (who will immediately tell them there is no risk)

Why do people take medical advice from the internet? :unsure:

I'm of the belief that some of the Churches are playing this game too. Especially in the Evangelical community.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

I'm of the belief that some of the Churches are playing this game too. Especially in the Evangelical community.

100%.

There are several stories out there about preachers telling their parishioners not to take the vaccine. It's not really a surprise....they aren't particularly big on science.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, johngould21 said:

An off duty flight attendant had to be restrained on a Domestic flight in the US as well. All because of a mask.

It's just mind boggling....sure it's an imposition, but on what planet is it worth killing someone over.....:picard:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

100%.

There are several stories out there about preachers telling their parishioners not to take the vaccine. It's not really a surprise....they aren't particularly big on science.

I'm fairly sure someone I know isn't getting the vaccine, something about wanting to have children later in her life. As you have said, see medical folks, and let them explain how science works.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I'm fairly sure someone I know isn't getting the vaccine, something about wanting to have children later in her life. As you have said, see medical folks, and let them explain how science works.

This might seem a bit harsh, but maybe people who are dumb enough to believe that sort of thing shouldn't be bringing more children into the world anyway....

• Vintage 3

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This might seem a bit harsh, but maybe people who are dumb enough to believe that sort of thing shouldn't be bringing more children into the world anyway....

There is that. She is a professional person, I don't get it. I've always said, intelligence and common sense aren't the same.

• Cheers 2

First shot was AZ on April 14/21

2nd shot was  this a.m @ 9:15.

Line up moved quickly, nobody upset.

Did not need the 4 different codes I'd recieved via e mail and phone

Important to note:

The Media and Bonnie said I'd have my choice of Pfizer or Moderna, as I had AZ for my first jab. However the e-mails recieved said I'd get  one or the other, no choice for me.   :(

Get to the clinic today and they asked me which one I wanted. :shock:

So much for the research i should have done.  :(

Went with Moderna. :)

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Don’t mistake intelligence with education. 

True dat....

Louis Gohmert is a Texas A&M and Baylor Law School grad....and he thinks that the US Forest Service has the ability to alter the orbit of the moon....:picard:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/lunar-new-deal-gop-rep-gohmert-suggests-altering-moon-s-n1270219

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

True dat....

Louis Gohmert is a Texas A&M and Baylor Law School grad....and he thinks that the US Forest Service has the ability to alter the orbit of the moon....:picard:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/lunar-new-deal-gop-rep-gohmert-suggests-altering-moon-s-n1270219

Related to our convo yesterday, and intelligence/education,  I grilled my nephew-in-law today.

Part of his issue is that a family friend is a scientist, has his phd, works for Aurora. 

This 'smart' stoner is telling everyone he knows to wait to get vaccinated. He is also trying to get pregnant with his wife. He is saying they rushed the vaccines....don't know enough...blah, blah....don't risk the potential of being infertile. 

I'll keep up the good fight and try to talk some sense...

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2