The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I got “The Dose” too, when I was 17!  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nice try antibaxxer.  Just st stay the heck away from our hospitals.  There are good and decent folk who deserve those beds before any .covid help me; I can’t breathe”  antivaxxer.  

I just sent you my vax card as proof. Seriously, what else do you want. Crop dust the anti-vaxers with covid that are actually on your side as well? 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-12.html for those of us who don't want to give a neo-Nazi clicks and prefer actual sources.  You were specifically told that this piece of **** isn't a legitimate source and you went ahead and replied with the same trash you already put in the thread. 

I'll address this one by one:

2 - No one is stopping these idiots from assembling, associating, or communicating.  No one is forcibly vaccinating them, so a also does not qualify:

6 - They are certainly free to enter and leave the country as long as they follow the quarantine.  Note that there is no specification that reasonable conditions may not be enforced.

7 - These idiots still have the right to live, and are being only deprived of privileges that are in line with fundamental justice.  Freedom of choice does not mean freedom from consequences.

15 - Note that all the protected groups are for traits that an individual cannot change.  Vaccination status does not fall under there.

I'll also add that 1 precedes all of these and states :

I keep making the point about that section.  We had an election and the majority voted for parties who supported the mandates during the campaign and since.  So democracy happened.   A global pandemic is something that reasonable people would qualify as demonstrably justification.  Am I missing something?

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I keep making the point about that section.  We had an election and the majority voted for parties who supported the mandates during the campaign and since.  So democracy happened.   A global pandemic is something that reasonable people would qualify as demonstrably justification.  Am I missing something?

Some of the mandates are against the constitution though. An elected majority does not have unlimited power in this country. And if it does, we not longer have a democracy.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, gizmo2337 said:

Trash? I don't get it. There is a lot of legitimate Canadians rolling to Ottawa to protest and protect basic Canadian rights and freedoms. If you see them as a bunch of racist anti-vaxers, I guess that's your choice.

You don't understand how people might consider a far right nutjob to be trash?  Peterson is an absolute piece of garbage and you re-posted the exact same video you were told was not a legitimate source.  C'mon man.

2) There are many trucking routes that do not leave the country; the truckers can figure it out.  Health care workers that are too stupid to take the vaccine simply aren't qualified to work in health care.

6) They are absolutely free to enter and leave as long as they follow the restrictions.  No one is stopping them from entering and leaving the country altogether

7) Name an unvaccinated person who isn't an idiot.  Sorry if my honesty hurts their feelings.

15) I literally told you what I mean.  People are able to alter their vaccination status, unlike all of the other protected groups.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Some of the mandates are against the constitution though. An elected majority does not have unlimited power in this country. And if it does, we not longer have a democracy.

:lol: no they’re not.   You can promote antivaxxer foolishness all you like (that’s actually a freedumb) but don’t be too surprised when people respond to your foolishness.  

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

:lol: no they’re not.   You can promote antivaxxer foolishness all you like (that’s actually a freedumb) but don’t be too surprised when people respond to your foolishness.  

Soon you will realize they are vax, and that isn't the point. Continue with your view as you wish. I'm not going to call them dumb, because they are not. They are defending your rights and freedoms. 

Saturday should be interesting. Continue on with your hate for Canadians. @Cerridwen, you have such deep hate. Why? Speak. These Canadians are patriotic and are helping each other for good reason.

Untitled.png.a0986424efcabe16d641cb113bd356b6.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

How so?  You provide nothing but stupid YouTube videos.  We actually quote the Charter.  

They have the power.   We voted.  Democracy happened.   The anti-vaxxer Anti-mask anti-mandates side lost.  Fact not fiction. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

How so?  You provide nothing but stupid YouTube videos.  We actually quote the Charter.  

They have the power.   We voted.  Democracy happened.   The anti-vaxxer Anti-mask anti-mandates side lost.  Fact not fiction. 

You've forgotten about a constitution and charter of rights and freedoms.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-12.html

The party in power does not have unlimited powers. Ask yourself, when will the mandates end? Then watch the video you don't believe in and understand there is no plan to end such mandates.

• Upvote 1

I'm a big supporter of the teachers, health workers, and public facing people that work and have few choices. This NDP provincial gov that has stop counting stats, stopped caring, refusing proper masks and PPE for health, school and public workers. I am not an antivaxer though, I did my part. The real question you should be asking yourself is: did my own government do their part? Did they follow the science two years later?

17 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

You've forgotten about a constitution and charter of rights and freedoms.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/const/page-12.html

The party in power does not have unlimited powers. Ask yourself, when will the mandates end? Then watch the video you don't believe in and understand there is no plan to end such mandates.

We literally quoted it to you.  

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

We literally quoted it to you.  

That's great, and I love that quote. I still support the truckers.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

That's great, and I love that quote. I still support the truckers.

And the freedumb convoy protest is moronic. 

My dad drove truck.   So I am not anti-trucker.  The protest last Saturday in the Lower Mainland regarding bc road conditions, valid.  This one, not so much.

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

And the freedumb convoy protest is moronic. 

My dad drove truck.   So I am not anti-trucker.  The protest last Saturday in the Lower Mainland regarding bc road conditions, valid.  This one, not so much.

"And the freedumb convoy protest is moronic."
These people are with you, not against you. Most of them double vax. Hope you get that.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

this tack is so stupid. 

You realize that we don't have a majority government at the moment? 

As far as the "we don't have a democracy" thing, if only we had some kind of system.... something, say 'supreme' that could work things out....

Honestly buddy this one is a stretch even for you. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

"And the freedumb convoy protest is moronic."
These people are with you, not against you. Most of them double vax. Hope you get that.

its an Alberta far right party trying to raise money outside of our election laws, using fear and misinformation to do it.Hope you get that. 

• Cheers 2