The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I'm saying if the numbers of the protest grow to a large enough size, it might be a good idea to listen to what they have to say, and see if there are any requests that seem reasonable and could benefit all parties. 

Most of the protesters left on Sunday to return to their lives.  The leftovers appear to be more of the radical fringe variation.  Lots of partying and annoying the locals.  Initially, the group was there to protest government mandates during the pandemic.  Now it has morphed into some ridiculous and impossible demands.

Regardless, most of the provincial and federal health officials are predicting a reduction in restrictions in the upcoming weeks.  The reason Europe is ahead of us, is because they were the first countries to get swamped with Omicron.

Personally, I don't see the point of mandatory vaccines anymore; except maybe the healthcare workers, as they are the most visible representatives of the healthcare system. The very system that has promoted the notion that vaccines are the best way to keep people from dying or getting ill from Covid.

BC has one of the highest vaccine rates in the world; far higher than the health authorities ever dreamed of.  It's time to stop all the fighting with the small % of folks that will NEVER agree to get the jab. 

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

They also tried that earlier in the pandemic and got wrecked

And bear in mind the people in Sweden are in general a fair bit more healthier than us in North America (I'm unsure of the smoking rates though as COVID isn't something you mess with if you have respitory issues).  As I said before, I highly doubt you see restaurants like the "Heart Attack Grill" in Sweden, though I've never been there so this is just me speculating.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

These domestic terrorists must be stopped and police have failed horribly in stopping them.

A shameful stain on our nation's reputation that radicalized alt right wing protesters are causing shelter in place warnings for health care staff simply for being healthcare workers 

Conservatives have poured gas on the fire and now must own the blame for stoking the protests. This is not freedom and nor is it democracy this radicalized anti vaxx anti mandate crowd is preaching 

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-health-authorities-warn-staff-to-shelter-and-hide-medical-credentials-during-anti-vaxx-convoy-1.5769041

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Personally, I don't see the point of mandatory vaccines anymore; except maybe the healthcare workers, as they are the most visible representatives of the healthcare system. The very system that has promoted the notion that vaccines are the best way to keep people from dying or getting ill from Covid.

BC has one of the highest vaccine rates in the world; far higher than the health authorities ever dreamed of.  It's time to stop all the fighting with the small % of folks that will NEVER agree to get the jab. 

And we won;t be fighting with them as soon as they stop getting the idea that they deserve the same privileges as the rest of us, since they're the ones throwing a tantrum and sending domestic terrorists into Ottawa.  There is zero benefit in letting those morons into restaurants, bars, concerts, or sporting events.  Not our problem if they can't handle the consequences for their own stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

And we won;t be fighting with them as soon as they stop getting the idea that they deserve the same privileges as the rest of us, since they're the ones throwing a tantrum and sending domestic terrorists into Ottawa.  There is zero benefit in letting those morons into restaurants, bars, concerts, or sporting events.  Not our problem if they can't handle the consequences for their own stupidity.

I guess I'm thinking...wishing...hoping for the virus to fade away and we can all start to recover from the last 2 horrible years.  No Pandemic has ever lasted forever.  It will come to an end.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I guess I'm thinking...wishing...hoping for the virus to fade away and we can all start to recover from the last 2 horrible years.  No Pandemic has ever lasted forever.  It will come to an end.

Fair, but I just don't see how allowing these parasites to get privileges they don't deserve and further tax our medical system makes things any better.  I honestly don't want them to ever be allowed to be around civilized people again.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Fair, but I just don't see how allowing these parasites to get privileges they don't deserve and further tax our medical system makes things any better.  I honestly don't want them to ever be allowed to be around civilized people again.

Geez,Heff...you really should take some time away from this thread.  Go and have some fun. Forget about all this crap for awhile.:canucks:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

If only there were some sort of camp we could send them to…

…I’d warn you of a slippery slope, but seems you’re already sliding.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

I'm pretty ok with the way things are now.  If you want to compare that to concentration camps, that's your  issue.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm pretty ok with the way things are now.  If you want to compare that to concentration camps, that's your  issue.

You’re the one talking about permanently segregating people from civilized society.

And nothing is static. Things change, based on attitudes and values. The horn you’re blowing doesn’t lead to good things.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

You’re the one talking about permanently segregating people from civilized society.

And nothing is static. Things change, based on attitudes and values. The horn you’re blowing doesn’t lead to good things.

You're the one building strawmen suggesting sending them to camps.  I never suggested that.  These dirtbags are clearly not civilized and are more than welcome to join society when they start acting like adults.

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

you know, that kind of comparison is really sick. This is so pathetically minuscule compared to what happened in WW2, you should be ashamed of yourself for bringing this kind of comparison up. 

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

They’re all people, who by nature each has as much value as you or I.

So how far does this go for you? what's the line that they would cross for you to be upset by their actions? 

Edited by JM_
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The supreme irony of the "everyone should be able to eat at restaurants, rescind vaxx passports because we're all gonna get it; never wear a mask" crowd, constantly complaining about participation trophies shouldn't be lost on anyone

Darwin never runs out of participation trophies.

Feel sorry only for the people they may infect as they venture down that path. 

• Upvote 2