The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

16 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

The ones in the process of lifting restrictions?

So you think how many weeks until they're all lifted?

Restrictions will be lifted gradually as the health authorities use science (and data) to be sure they have the resources to care for the highest risk group as their infection rates rise.  And we all know who that group is:  antivaxxers.  

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

The ones in the process of lifting restrictions?

So you think how many weeks until they're all lifted?

Not until hospital covid admissions fall below 200 and icu below 25 in my opinion

and they won’t lift both mask and vax at the same time. I’d see masks first …. Wait a few weeks and if the numbers hold then moving on 

they kinda actually have said this al along that the hospital bed and icu numbers will be steering this

number will go up in the short term after each restriction is lifted and this is why it must be staged in so that they ensure capacity of hospital beds and staff to meet the increase and other medical needs. Lift it all at once and it’s near certain that we are heading to crisis

this what’s ticking off most Canadians. We all want restrictions lifted but most of us want it done safely and the exact steps directed by the actual health experts not a vigilante mob

irony is the rally probably will only provide the long term outcome of dividing the country ala trump style and do nothing of value for anyone…… unless inserctions  and mayhem is there thing 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Magicwords said:

Say it loud for the people in the back …… NO beds means NO beds

this isn’t about who will get it and when …. It’s about ensuring hospital beds and staff are available as people get covid

its about slowing the spread so we can cope with the infected who need hospital care ….. and those that have other health issues don’t keep getting their care canceled because …….. no beds means no beds 

I've been to a hospital waiting room lately. If they care about omicron all that much they're sure not showing it. Packed. But with mask-wearing, so yay. 

I'm not denying that this is a noted issue, but it will come to pass quickly imho. The variant will have no place left to go. 

Considering omicron's spread regardless of restrictions it's going to be tough to justify any of them for too much longer imho. It's the regardless of restrictions point that's a highlight to all of us who've gotten it at this point. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Mossberg said:

So someone who doesn't want a brand new vaccine is the same as a serial killer,rapist or pedophile?  What is wrong with you?

A serial killer no.

But its sad. What is worse is an argument for no restrictions. Its an airborn virus. Masks reduce transmission. People feel its their right not to wear one. It puts others at risk.  Is it their malicous fault?

No, blame is with the virus.  That no responsibility is felt to reduce the risk for others is still tragic.     

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

7 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

I'm not denying that this is a noted issue, but it will come to pass quickly imho. The variant will have no place left to go.

Yes it will become endemic and / or reach herd immunity faster if we let it run loose. 

There will also be more casualties which can be avoided. 

We will also reach this even faster again if more people are vaccinated.  

Meh, but you survived. Who cares about anyone else... For the record ask a health care worker?  They will tell u they are stretched. Exhausted. People are dying because care suffers.  And we have an event with tens of thousands speeding up the process in Ottawa.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

A serial killer no.

But its sad. What is worse is an argument for no restrictions. Its an airborn virus. Masks reduce transmission. People feel its their right not to wear one. It puts others at risk.  Is it their malicous fault?

No, blame is with the virus.  That no responsibility is felt to reduce the risk for others is still tragic.     

They're basically the equivalent of LE.  Don't put in any of the work and expect the same rewards as everyone else.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Yes it will become endemic and / or reach herd immunity faster if we let it run loose. 

There will also be more casualties which can be avoided. 

We will also reach this even faster again if more people are vaccinated.  

Meh, but you survived. Who cares about anyone else... For the record ask a health care worker?  They will tell u they are stretched. Exhausted. People are dying because care suffers.  And we have an event with tens of thousands speeding up the process in Ottawa.

I think we're underrating both omicron's level spread and our inability to do anything about it. So what good is the guilt trip when we're all gonna get it, if we haven't already?  I mean BC stopped testing unless symptoms are severe. 

So it's done. We lost. I don't think we had a chance to win. 

But let's have pointless restrictions anyway until everyone can admit that I guess. 

Not even hospitals are pretending anymore, as waiting rooms are packed. Masks. But that's it. 

Edited by TOMapleLaughs
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

I think we're underrating both omicron's level spread and our inability to do anything about it. So what good is the guilt trip when we're all gonna get it, if we haven't already?  I mean BC stopped testing unless symptoms are severe. 

So it's done. We lost. I don't think we had a chance to win. 

But let's have pointless restrictions anyway until everyone can admit that I guess. 

Not even hospitals are pretending anymore, as waiting rooms are packed. Masks. But that's it. 

Your continued insistence on not recognizing the danger of too many people getting sick at once; and collapsing the medical system is really quite baffling.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

14 hours ago, Magicwords said:

irony is the rally probably will only provide the long term outcome of dividing the country ala trump style and do nothing of value for anyone…… unless inserctions  and mayhem is there thing 

All it does is help insure the airhead Justin Trudeau wins the next election.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

All it does is help insure the airhead Justin Trudeau wins the next election.

This is self inflicted by conservatives 

As soon as the protest issued their MOU terms of surrender for goverment that made it clear it was to over throw an elected government  the conservatives should have dropped the convoy instantly .....  and demanded they stop and leave

Truduea gives his opposition enough to get himself unelected without any help from the convoy. Cons are stuck in 1800 with their social beliefs which is why they keep electing Truduea. Trudeau isn't good enough to win elections without the cons self.exploding over and over

At this point now I'd suspect a snap election calll late summer as most Canadians will vote to keep the cons out vs actually liking Trudeua and this will hand him a large majority goverment 

That's why itoole got the boot as he dared to tell.them this isn't 1800 anymore and we need to change to reflect moder canadian values 

I'm NDP but did appreciate Otoole atleast trying to change the cons view as he recognized that liberal dynasties are created by bad conservative governments

Following Mulroney and Harper the libs win at least 3 consecutive elections ...... he saw the pattern

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Your continued insistence on not recognizing the danger of too many people getting sick at once; and collapsing the medical system is really quite baffling.

It's been months of rampant omicron spread already to the point of essentially everyone i know being infected. Medical system still quite intact. And actually lackadaisical considering how packed that waiting room was. So pardon me if this looks like bunk at this point. Again just far too much anecdotal evidence is available now. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

It's been months of rampant omicron spread already to the point of essentially everyone i know being infected. Medical system still quite intact. And actually lackadaisical considering how packed that waiting room was. So pardon me if this looks like bunk at this point. Again just far too much anecdotal evidence is available now. 

The 946 in hospital and the 139 in ICU due to Covid (as of the last update) say otherwise.  Not anecdotal.  An actual source, unlike the usual from you lot.  Restrictions will go down when those numbers go down big time.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0041-000169

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

So, by your own admission, Ear's are packed, but we should lift all restrictions and let it rip.  Even though ER's are currently packed?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The 946 in hospital and the 139 in ICU due to Covid (as of the last update) say otherwise.  Not anecdotal.  An actual source, unlike the usual from you lot.  Restrictions will go down when those numbers go down big time.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0041-000169

Couple weeks or what?  Not able to pretend we aren't getting it regardless for too much longer. 

Not to mention how overweight 90yr olds aren't exactly being affected by the remaining restrictions installed. 

Edited by TOMapleLaughs
  • Haha 2