The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Mj2345 said:

Nobody arrested though apparently.

Meanwhile, elders drumming in a lodge in wetsuweten territory were forcibly removed from their homes at gun point, handcuffed, thrown in police vans and riven to a holding tank where they spent multiple days without access to lawyers etc before standing in front of a judge.

But whatever, it's a "peaceful protest" and everyone is equal in Canada

• Vintage 2

Current BC Covid restrictions are set until this Wednesday, Feb 16. Any guesses of what may be happening after that? I know I’ll be listening to Dr. Henry very carefully, as I’ve got tickets to the Canucks / Ducks game on Saturday that won’t work if arena capacity stays at 50%.

24 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Current BC Covid restrictions are set until this Wednesday, Feb 16. Any guesses of what may be happening after that? I know I’ll be listening to Dr. Henry very carefully, as I’ve got tickets to the Canucks / Ducks game on Saturday that won’t work if arena capacity stays at 50%.

Am I the only one who would love to see Dr. Henry say she was planning on easing restrictions, but because of the pieces of garbage throwing a tantrum, they will remain for another month?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

28 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Am I the only one who would love to see Dr. Henry say she was planning on easing restrictions, but because of the pieces of garbage throwing a tantrum, they will remain for another month?

Right. A society of vindictiveness must be the answer. 

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Adults prefer to call it consequences for poor decisions.

It ceases to amaze how the cowardly antivaxxer protestors want the benefits of our wonderful country, but refuse to contribute.  They are a selfish bunch.  

The best solution is to refuse any medical care (for Covid related illness) to unvaccinated adults.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

But they're not consequences ... as of right now they're nothing more than your preferred infantile desires. 

Suggesting that actions should have consequences is not infantile.  I sure as hell don't think we should be giving these maggots a single thing they are asking for, so what's the the harm in sending a clear message that continuing their tantrum will only make the restrictions work longer.  Appeasement doesn't work.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

But they're not consequences ... as of right now they're nothing more than your preferred infantile desires. 

These idiots gathering are all unvaccinated, so they are going to be the next wave of morons to needlessly over burden our healthcare system.  Because of these selfish cowards we are likely to have another month, or more, of restrictions so we can care for them.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

These idiots gathering are all unvaccinated, so they are going to be the next wave of morons to needlessly over burden our healthcare system.  Because of these selfish cowards we are likely to have another month, or more, of restrictions so we can care for them.  

Like me? Still unvaxxed and doing great. 

My former co-worker (very fit, healthy guy ..... ski instructor), keeled over from a heart attack three weeks ago, 8 days after getting his booster. Dead at 55. Think he made the right decision? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Suggesting that actions should have consequences is not infantile.  I sure as hell don't think we should be giving these maggots a single thing they are asking for, so what's the the harm in sending a clear message that continuing their tantrum will only make the restrictions work longer.  Appeasement doesn't work.

They are protesting. I'm not seeing a 'tantrum'. 

Pure vindictiveness, nothing to do with science. But yo do you, Heffer. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Like me? Still unvaxxed and doing great. 

My former co-worker (very fit, healthy guy ..... ski instructor), keeled over from a heart attack three weeks ago, 8 days after getting his booster. Dead at 55. Think he made the right decision? 

That’s a very selfish, and narrow minded (childish actually) view of society.  The science is overwhelming and clear.  It’s been presented often.  A boosted 80 year old is an order of magnitude less likely to get serious illness from Covid than an unvaccinated 20 year old.  

You are presenting the selfish, ignorant, and cowardly argument that some drunk drivers do.  They argue that they can drive as well drunk as others who are sober.  It’s complete foolishness.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

They are protesting. I'm not seeing a 'tantrum'. 

Pure vindictiveness, nothing to do with science. But yo do you, Heffer. 

Protesting provincial mandates in Ottawa.  Not sure Horgan is going to hear them. Makes sense 

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Thanks 1