The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a very selfish, and narrow minded (childish actually) view of society.  The science is overwhelming and clear.  It’s been presented often.  A boosted 80 year old is an order of magnitude less likely to get serious illness from Covid than an unvaccinated 20 year old.  

You are presenting the selfish, ignorant, and cowardly argument that some drunk drivers do.  They argue that they can drive as well drunk as others who are sober.  It’s complete foolishness.  

Statistics are much better measurements than personal anecdotes, and are necessary to prove any claim that correlation equals causation.

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Protesting provincial mandates in Ottawa.  Not sure Horgan is going to hear them. Makes sense 

They're also pulling that BS in Victoria; fortunately it seems to be confined to the weekend though.

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s a very selfish, and narrow minded (childish actually) view of society.  The science is overwhelming and clear.  It’s been presented often.  A boosted 80 year old is an order of magnitude less likely to get serious illness from Covid than an unvaccinated 20 year old.  

You are presenting the selfish, ignorant, and cowardly argument that some drunk drivers do.  They argue that they can drive as well drunk as others who are sober.  It’s complete foolishness.  

People taking 'safe and effective' medical procedures and soon ending up dead. Pointing this out is childish and ignorant? Try concerning and factual. 

Save your drunk driver analogy, it makes you look like a complete fool. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Who said Ottawa? Protesting are hapoening down at the truck crossing, too. 

They aren't letting those getting out of hand like in Ottawa. They as in the police.  In Ottawa, they're threatening to arrest counter-protesters while 'issuing tickets' to the hot tub people.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This the data regarding vaccine side effects.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccine-safety/

My friend doubled down after being dealt a natural blackjack at the River rock.  He got a face card as his next card.  Follow his strategy!

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

3 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Why is it that our right leaning (Trump lovin "patriots" of Canada) friends are the only ones to know someone who has had an adverse reaction to the vaccine? 

Exactly what I was thinking.....seems like every single anti-vaxxer knows, or has heard of someone falling ill (or dying) immediately after being vaccinated....

Maybe they all know the same guy? :unsure:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Suggesting that actions should have consequences is not infantile.  I sure as hell don't think we should be giving these maggots a single thing they are asking for, so what's the the harm in sending a clear message that continuing their tantrum will only make the restrictions work longer.  Appeasement doesn't work.

Whoosh! 

26 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

People taking 'safe and effective' medical procedures and soon ending up dead. Pointing this out is childish and ignorant? Try concerning and factual. 

Present science to support your opinions.  And from a legitimate source.  Otherwise, go away.  Your views have no merit.  

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Like me? Still unvaxxed and doing great. 

My former co-worker (very fit, healthy guy ..... ski instructor), keeled over from a heart attack three weeks ago, 8 days after getting his booster. Dead at 55. Think he made the right decision? 

My friend got vaccinated and 2 days later got hit by a car.

Coincidence?

I think not.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

26 minutes ago, gurn said:

Imo, yes, he did.

And you are smart enough to realize correlation does not equal causation.

No it doesn't. But that man didn't drop dead until a third load of ineffective garbage was injected into him. Should I be hoping for the same result for you or not? 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

People are catching a mere cold and soon ending up dead.  Pointing this out is fake news and fear mongering?  Try concerning and factual.  Save your anecdotal statements something something fool

• Vintage 2

Just now, Jack Fig said:

No it doesn't. But that man didn't drop dead until a third load of ineffective garbage was injected into him. Should I be hoping for the same result for you or not? 

These Vaccines Ineffective garbage?  Present the science behind this position.  And not some anecdote from the feed store tack board.  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Present science to support your opinions.  And from a legitimate source.  Otherwise, go away.  Your views have no merit.  

Speaking of no merit, why have you continuously harped the on the demise of the unvaxxed ad nauseam? 

I'm here and doing great, as is every unvaxxed person I know of. Every single one. Did we all miss the memo? 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Why is it that our right leaning (Trump lovin "patriots" of Canada) friends are the only ones to know someone who has had an adverse reaction to the vaccine? 

One person from here from a "small town" and he knew of 3 people who died in his town from it.  Of course there's literally zero record or news of any one single town in canada having 3 reactions resulting in death, but he knew 3.  THREE Joey!!!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

These Vaccines Ineffective garbage?  Present the science behind this position.  And not some anecdote from the feed store tack board.  

Vaxxer spread, unvaxxers spread. A failure. As for avoiding extreme illness, people have ways of doing that ... I know I do. 

• Haha 1