The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

I imagine that Health Canada will follow shortly.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/18/health/cdc-covid-vaccine-children-under-5/index.html

CDC advisers vote to recommend Covid-19 vaccines for children as young as 6 months

also, Darth Santis reversed course, probably due to the amount public pressure of how stupid he was not to order shots (the only state BTW).

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/desantis-reverses-decision-allows-florida-doctors-hospitals-to-order-covid-19-vaccines-for-kids-under-5/

DeSantis allows Florida doctors, hospitals to order COVID-19 vaccines for kids under 5: reports

• Cheers 1

Today, I realized my patience for stupidity is at an all time low.

I had some moron try to tell me that it was "A good thing the Protest forced the government to change it's vaccine rules"

" You think a bunch of wing nut protesters convinced a government to change policy, and that medical science had nothing to do with it?

Sorry, I disagree".

Then I got away from him, as he was likely still unvaxxed, at all.

At that point I realized I was perfectly fine with the idea of putting all  these losers on D'Arcy Island; and keeping them there.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

I had some moron try to tell me that it was "A good thing the Protest forced the government to change it's vaccine rules"

" You think a bunch of wing nut protesters convinced a government to change policy, and that medical science had nothing to do with it?

Sorry, I disagree".

At that point I realized I was perfectly fine with the idea of putting all  these losers on D'Arcy Island; and keeping them there.

Ship all these antivaxxer Freedumb fighters to the new country of Texas.  We don't want them here.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Sorry, I disagree".

Me, too Gurn....

• Like 2

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/moderna-bivalent-covid-vaccine-appears-work-omicron-subvariants-ba4-ba-rcna34712

Moderna says bivalent vaccine appears to work against omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5

Still, the new version of the vaccine did not generate as many antibodies as it did against the original omicron variant, according to a press release.
  • Thanks 3

I've been double vaxx for a long time now, But never bothered going for the booster. My household is all double WITH booster. They have all caught covid multiple times, I have yet to ever catch it. 

For research purposes I may continue to avoid the boosters lol

39 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I've been double vaxx for a long time now, But never bothered going for the booster. My household is all double WITH booster. They have all caught covid multiple times, I have yet to ever catch it. 

Did your family get mild symptoms or did they end up hospitalized?  If it's the former, the booster did its job.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Makes no sense to avoid the boosters excepting a medical reason.  Kind of selfish and childish behaviour actually.  

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Did your family get mild symptoms or did they end up hospitalized?  If it's the former, the booster did its job.

mild, I'd be hanging around home with them those entire weeks and never positive test for me. Never lucky on the lottery tickets though

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Makes no sense to avoid the boosters excepting a medical reason.  Kind of selfish and childish behaviour actually.  

It was something i just thought of today when it came up in convo. One of those... " You know what, I actually haven't got that done yet " sort of things. Believe me though i have been an angel citizen over the pandemic. Never missed a day of work other than when i stay home due to household positive, And still never collected a cent from the govB)

My unvaccinated dad just got over a 10 day bout with covid. Pretty rough for him. Today was the first day he felt fairly normal. He said he had much worse flus but this felt very strange and different. Glad he is on the mend. He is in a very social job so it was surprising he lasted this long without getting it (unless he was asymptomatic previously). 

42 minutes ago, BearHugs said:

My unvaccinated dad just got over a 10 day bout with covid. Pretty rough for him. Today was the first day he felt fairly normal. He said he had much worse flus but this felt very strange and different. Glad he is on the mend. He is in a very social job so it was surprising he lasted this long without getting it (unless he was asymptomatic previously). 

Tell your dad he’s being both foolish and selfish (unless he has a medical excuse, of course) for being unvaccinated.  

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tell your dad he’s being both foolish and selfish (unless he has a medical excuse, of course) for being unvaccinated.  

"In a very social job".  I'd be just as concerned if person didn't infect anybody (hopefully person wore a facemask or faceshield at that social job since they weren't vac'd).

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1