The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

There's actually a grain of truth to the idea....however, as with a lot of these "miracle cure" ideas, there's a rather large "but":

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200327-can-you-kill-coronavirus-with-uv-light

In a nutshell, there is more than one type of UV radiation and the kind that has been used to kill viruses is not the kind you find in your common light fixture, or even your common tanning bed.

Another swing and miss for Laura.....

Sure. 
UVa causes skin cancer

UVb causes skin cancer

UVc causes more cancer

The Difference Between UVA, UVB, and UVC Rays

Edited by Me_

7 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I thought Obama/Biden implemented measures against a pandemic but it was not passed by the senate or he couldn't get funding or something? I could be getting it mixed with something else.

I don't know about that.

What I do know is that I have a hard time imaging Mitch McConnell agreeing with Obama for funding something like this....but hey....when Bone Spurs is looking incompetent, the playbook says "blame Obama" so......:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I went to the beach this morning butt nekkid and bent over to try and inject solar rays up my you know what.....I got arrested for indecent exposure but at least I'm cured!:lol:

Is that your way of saying the sun shines out your a$$?B)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

You still don’t have a clue as to how to not post an entire bloody article and just post the pertinent parts eh?

Some people don't like to click on links - that's why we post the whole story - the link is just for reference.   SMH

• Upvote 1

Hey really sorry to ask this, but I've done a search and can't find the information I seek. Someone in this thread posted about Canadian government aid for post secondary students. I've looked back through and can't find the post, and have used google but still can't find what I'm looking for. Can anyone help? My son will probably have to stay in Canada rather than come to the UK, and he's very unfamiliar with the Canadian system because he lived in England for most of his life. He is a Canadian citizen so would be eligible for any assistance being offered during this time. Any help greatly appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Hey really sorry to ask this, but I've done a search and can't find the information I seek. Someone in this thread posted about Canadian government aid for post secondary students. I've looked back through and can't find the post, and have used google but still can't find what I'm looking for. Can anyone help? My son will probably have to stay in Canada rather than come to the UK, and he's very unfamiliar with the Canadian system because he lived in England for most of his life. He is a Canadian citizen so would be eligible for any assistance being offered during this time. Any help greatly appreciated.

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/04/22/support-students-and-new-grads-affected-covid-19

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2020/04/support-for-students-and-recent-graduates-impacted-by-covid-19.html

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Thanks so much! Not sure why I couldn't find it on google! Would love to give you an actual beer but gave you a hydration instead.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Thanks so much! Not sure why I couldn't find it on google! Would love to give you an actual beer but gave you a hydration instead.

No problem.  At least one good thing to come out of this 'virus thing' for you is you'll get more time to spend with your son.