The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t like Trump but those people are the reason they had to put don’t drink labels on poison.

Really??

I always thought it was kids to know its dangerous.  But I guess some probably have the same (or lower) intellect as young children. 

Lol. :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, gurn said:

Still don't care about those under seventy that die, huh?

You need a mental health check, and then a reading comprehension check little man.  :picard:

My wife's parents are almost 80 and doing fine. They are smart and stay home and we get them what is needed. Meanwhile, I work on the front lines every day and am not in panic mode like you are.  Sad...:frantic:

Edit: ...but please, continue to fear monger and make up meaning on what others post. I won't bother reading your uninspired silliness any longer. Enjoy your fear. :lol:

2nd Edit: ... and before I purge you...your post below is still my favorite hahaha....It is so ridiculous it is funny...or sad!!

gurn replied to CBH1926's topic in Off-Topic General

I was talking to a friend last night and he had a thought regarding a potential treatment: If alcohol kills the COVID, why not try inhaling alcohol through a vaporizer. Might keep the lungs clearer, help kill the virus. I though about it, and on the surface it seems logical. But how and where do you get a hold of somebody that would actually know if it has a chance or not?
Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I needed a haircut just before Spring Break here but my brother was in town so I used that time to spend it with him rather than get it cut.  That was about 6 weeks ago...and I normally get my hair cut about every 6 weeks.  Gonna have a nice hockey mullet soon :unsure:

My wife has started cutting my hair, looks pretty good I have to say.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

For 12, 000 Japenese families that have someone infected.... yes i think they would think that is a substanial number.    USA testing suggests 40 times rate.  So that would be almost half a million people in Japan contracted the virus.   YES that is concerning and especially since number in Japan seem to be increasing more recently.

We need to protect the lives of our seniors.  People like you that discount the dangers of this virus  are not contributing to the protection of our seniors.

12.000, people not families.  They don't measure infection by family.   Obviously, more people have been infected than are reported - that is common knowledge.    Studies in the US show 50 to 85 times the actual number of infections.    Wider testing means more positive tests, but even greater negative tests - that is fact.  That is also why they have lowered the death fatality rate.  Same here in Japan.  Do you even know the infection rate here? No.  

Someone in another post mentions about getting paid as a teacher and you say well how can you think about that when people are dying.    And unable to really offer any proper rebuttal to me your argument now is I don't care about seniors.   You have been measured. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Lots of panic in this forum.  For those that are 70 years old and older, I understand the stress.

Things in BC are going very well. No need to panic.

Average around here is 69; so we’re good.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Maybe I am callous, but at least they're quarantined.

It's been bugging me for a long time that criminals have been let free from prisons during this time because it was deemed safe or they were incarcerated for non violent crimes.

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You need a mental health check, and then a reading comprehension check little man.  :picard:

My wife's parents are almost 80 and doing fine. They are smart and stay home and we get them what is needed. Meanwhile, I work on the front lines every day and am not in panic mode like you are.  Sad...:frantic:

Edit: ...but please, continue to fear monger and make up meaning on what others post. I won't bother reading your uninspired silliness any longer. Enjoy your fear. :lol:

2nd Edit: ... and before I purge you...your post below is still my favorite hahaha....It is so ridiculous it is funny...or sad!!

gurn replied to CBH1926's topic in Off-Topic General

I was talking to a friend last night and he had a thought regarding a potential treatment: If alcohol kills the COVID, why not try inhaling alcohol through a vaporizer. Might keep the lungs clearer, help kill the virus. I though about it, and on the surface it seems logical. But how and where do you get a hold of somebody that would actually know if it has a chance or not?

there is a peanut gallery on this site that has doubled down now that their panic messages and beliefs are not playing out in fact.   Their favorite tool is of course 'moralizing' - in their language 'we good, you evil'.

'How dare you say that when people are dying' is one of their favorite go to responses  Listening to them you would think they finally figured out that people die.   Or that corona deaths are the only ones we need to be sensitive to. 

Edited by samurai
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, samurai said:

there is a peanut gallery on this site that has doubled down now that their panic messages and beliefs are not playing out in fact.   Their favorite tool is of course 'moralizing' - in their language 'we good, you evil'.

'How dare you say that when people are dying' is one of their favorite go to responses  Listening to them you would think they final figured out that people die.   Or that corona deaths are the only ones we need to be sensitive to. 

844CCCF4-91D3-4E9E-9B6E-001269D4F3BF.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

I think part of it is that people here in BC have not really had anything like a pandemic before.  This generation in BC has never had a major disaster affect them.  No Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Tsunamis.  No World or Civil Wars.  The big one has not hit yet.  Save for some really bad fire seasons in the interior, the occasional wind or snow storm or some flooding,  nothing has tested us quite like Covid has.  Many do not know how to cope.  Many are stressed out at the uncertainty.  Some (especially older folks) are scared for their lives.  Some are scared that things won't be the same again.  I try not to think too far ahead.  Take one day at a time.  I know that if everyone does their part that things will be better in time.  The only thing that scares me is if people do not listen and do not follow the rules and we go right back to where we started.

Thing is...those who are super chill/cool about this tend to be thinking in terms of "themselves".  Which is why they're bringing age into it.  You don't have to BE 70 to be concerned about 70 year olds (and older).   That's called empathy and actions based on saving others are as important as those based on saving "self".  So just because some feel it's "safe", some are vulnerable in this and it's our duty as a caring society to protect them.

So the argument that we're panicking is:

1.  Untrue and dramatic

2.  To undermine the sense of seriousness with this virus that is worldwide and no joke

3.  To somehow make it "ok" for them to not be taking this serious.  That's their deal, not ours.  Sadly though, it'll become ours because those are some of the very people who go around unknowingly spreading this thing.

The whole world isn't making this up - there's substance to the concern.  Not sure why anyone would be hell bent on proving otherwise.  Do they have TV's or ever watch the news?  This thing's for real and we need to do everything in our power to prevent spread of it until a time that it's deemed relatively safe to let the guard down.  

Unless any of them are scientists or doctors, I'm not feeling an urgent need to prove a point if they're disbelievers in it all.  But I'm growing really tired of them putting others down based on not agreeing with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

26 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I see no panic.

If you're not a little stressed over this, you're probably doing it wrong.  Things are only going well in BC because people are taking it seriously and doing what we're being instructed to in order to contain this thing...if you're not, don't be patting yourself on the back over the numbers.  You're benefiting from our state of "panic" responsibility.

Get over yourself and your admonitions.  I said I was stressed when I had to self isolate when I was reading about covid all day long.

I also said that when I went back to work weeks ago things were much more normal being out in the world and not locked up at home. I am less stressed out not being cooped up all the time. I, and my family, practice social distancing like we need to.

But my point obviously escaped you....the world is not coming to an end and BC is doing very well. And some posters on here are fear mongering and sound over the top scared which is unnecessary. 

Edit: your post above mine makes you sound very self important like your opinion matters more than anyone else. It doesn't.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2