The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.pngSo worried.

Isn't this more caution then anything?

If the scare was over a false positive like they said and Benn was the culprit, JT living with him maybe as per protocols means he has to quarantine? If they were worried about anyone else wouldn't we see a Dallas situation?

Hopefully Sven gets a shot on the top-line and we don't skip a beat.

Glass half full outlook.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

If the scare was over a false positive like they said and Benn was the culprit, JT living with him maybe as per protocols means he has to quarantine? If they were worried about anyone else wouldn't we see a Dallas situation?

Glass half full outlook.

I highly doubt Sven is going to immediately be called back from the AHL to play on our top line. I really hope he isn't, rather see Virt or Hogs get those top 6 minutes, you know, guys that are part of this team's future

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Glass half full outlook.

Thank  you.   Sometimes I just need a voice of reason (I'm losing it over here...I have generalized anxiety which includes a whole lot of "what if'ing").

• Like 1

The team that’s stays away from covid the most wins. I mean it’s not too far off. We could end up playing the oilers down the road without Mcdavid or that other guy due to quarantine for all we know. 

I’m just excited to watch hockey finally.

Two weeks is a long time in a short season like this. That sucks to be starting off already with a disadvantage when there is so much parity in the Canadian conference. Oh well. More opportunities for newbies to shine I guess.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I highly doubt Sven is going to immediately be called back from the AHL to play on our top line. I really hope he isn't, rather see Virt or Hogs get those top 6 minutes, you know, guys that are part of this team's future

Well Green has never played Jake at LW so putting Hogs there would work but then Jake who has had zero chemistry (and the reason I think Hogs was given the shot right out of the gate)

Plugging Sven in for JT allows the rest of the lines to stay the same and the less tinkering the better IMHO.

15 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thank  you.   Sometimes I just need a voice of reason (I'm losing it over here...I have generalized anxiety which includes a whole lot of "what if'ing").

Me too and I'm dreading every time I refresh just in case I'm totally wrong. My anxiety keeps me isolated for long stretches and Hockey is one of the few thinks besides my Husky that gives me respite.