The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Page 136] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN, SN1

Rate this topic

-SN-

21 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Tsn analysts not real high on the Canucks chances.  One team I thought they really overrated was Montreal.  Their Center ice depth/quality may be the worst in the North division and price’s stats have been pedestrian by his standards the last 3 years.  Lots of wingers but I just don’t see them in the top 4.

Not surprised by TSN they always seem to crap on us. Even their top 50 ranking reflects that. NHL.com has us ranked 12th just behind the Leafs. They rank Petey highly on their site as does the athletic, Tsn has Quinn 32nd and Makar 8th Miro 9th. Athletic has Quinn 8th best under 23, Petey 3rd Makar 15th I think? Which has Avs fans in a tizzy which made my 80$ sub worth it lol.

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thank  you.   Sometimes I just need a voice of reason (I'm losing it over here...I have generalized anxiety which includes a whole lot of "what if'ing").

Don't worry about hockey it's put on the planet for us to watch while we drink.

Too many real what ifs in the world.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder if Miller wishes he stayed with a different team mate. Sucks for him to miss the start of the season, he's so competitive. I just hope the rest of the team stays healthy. They'll just have to adjust, I'm not too worried against EDM, as long as Holtby's solid.

Subsequent correction indicates that it is Benn who was staying at Miller's home.   Unavailable for 14 days while quarantining

Don't be surprised when Loui is playing tomorrow night.  Miller and Benn didn't travel.  Benn wasn't starting anyways but Jake skated in Millers spot in practice.  Choices for 3RW with Roussel and Gaudette would be Loui, Sutter (with MacEwen on 4RW).....you get the picture.  Loui in means they don't juggle the 4th line  :lol:

16 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Don't be surprised when Loui is playing tomorrow night.  Miller and Benn didn't travel.  Benn wasn't starting anyways but Jake skated in Millers spot in practice.  Choices for 3RW with Roussel and Gaudette would be Loui, Sutter (with MacEwen on 4RW).....you get the picture.  Loui in means they don't juggle the 4th line  :lol:

Only place I hope Loui is in; is Utica.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Apparently it's Zac. Nobody from the taxi squad per Green according to sportsnet. I was way off thought Sven, shows what I know.

5 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Apparently it's Zac. Nobody from the taxi squad per Green according to sportsnet. I was way off thought Sven, shows what I know.

Makes sense.

Virtanen has experience playing on the top line.

Roussel - Gaudette - MacEwan had some brief success playing together last season.