The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 27, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

People seem to forget the idiot Avalanche players who dogpiled him  were as much the cause of Moore’s injury. 

Yeah I was at that game. I saw him jump Moore but almost immediately a crowd of players and other personnel formed around them. It was obviously serious but without radio commentary we didn't really know. The atmosphere was car-accident grim and after a few I minutes decided to leave rather than wait for blood I half-expected to trickle out between skates. 

In my opinion Brad May contributed significantly to what happened, acting like a jackass to foment emotions that went way beyond hockey norms

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hearing that Chatfield may be in tonight...at Juolevi’s expense. Love that Chatfield is in, he adds to the mobility of the D-core. I think I’d rather sit Benn. Let OJ have a run of games for gawdsakes.

Personally i thought Ben had 2 solid games?

and in the bubble when he subbed in for injuries,  did his job 

Probably not going to see 2 rookies on D if coach has healthy options.

Go Canucks go 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, frank einstein said:

Yeah I was at that game. I saw him jump Moore but almost immediately a crowd of players and other personnel formed around them. It was obviously serious but without radio commentary we didn't really know. The atmosphere was car-accident grim and after a few I minutes decided to leave rather than wait for blood I half-expected to trickle out between skates. 

In my opinion Brad May contributed significantly to what happened, acting like a jackass to foment emotions that went way beyond hockey norms

If Matt Cooke actually wins the fight with Moore then none of it ever happens

11 minutes ago, frank einstein said:

exactly - talked about a bounty on Moore and then did nothing about it himself.... Bertuzzi hit Moore late in the 3rd of that game - May had all night to walk the talk.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I appreciate your feedback, but I don't see the direct correlation. There was no intention of hurting the player's reputation by having him part of a new reaction. In my view, it would be more associated to a meme.

One thing I might suggest is an additional "?" emoticon/'rep' - so a person can indicate more of a question / a neutral 'not sure what you mean by this' - as opposed to the dopey LE face, which has somewhat of a different impression/meaning.

Great rep options here - but I think a ? might be a good addition - that could be seen as relatively neutral.

• Cheers 1