The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Chiasson

Makes sense, seems like they found good fits with Yamamoto and Kahun on Draisaitl's line, and RNH and Neal (who scored twice yesterday) with McDavid.

47 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Nope. Don’t even say it.

J... 
K, pumped the brakes on that thought just in time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It is interesting to see the amount of NHL regulars hitting the wire this season. 6'4" RW scored 22g in 18/19 makes 2.15M. Owners and GM's clutching their purses tightly this season. If per say the Panthers for instance continue to win and appear in a playoff position down the road. They would theoretically be in a position to load up for the playoffs without spending a single asset. 

• Like 1

Chiasson 0 points in 6 games, -5, with a whopping 4:47 of powerplay ice time per game...

Josh Archibald, by comparison,  has better production, better possession numbers, better on ice goal metrics - and is outhitting Chiasson 37-4, with 9 blocked shot to 0 - and kills penalties.

The Oilers also haven't scored a 5 on 5 goal yet in 6 games with Chiason on the ice.

Not surprising he's waived.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Chiasson 0 points in 6 games, -5, with a whopping 4:47 of powerplay ice time per game...

Josh Archibald, by comparison,  has better production, better possession numbers, better on ice goal metrics - and is outhitting Chiasson 37-4, with 9 blocked shot to 0 - and kills penalties.

The Oilers also haven't scored a 5 on 5 goal yet in 6 games with Chiason on the ice.

Not surprising he's waived.

It’s amazing how much offence the Oilers have but it’s always McDavid and Drai that are on the scoresheet. Like no one is even racking up second assists with these guys I picked up Kahun in my hockey pool cause I knew he would play with Drai. Only 3 points.

Such a weird team 

33 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s amazing how much offence the Oilers have but it’s always McDavid and Drai that are on the scoresheet. Like no one is even racking up second assists with these guys I picked up Kahun in my hockey pool cause I knew he would play with Drai. Only 3 points.

Such a weird team 

yeah - and the 'problem' of lacking wingers - is as easy to solve as any position (arguably/particularly in a covid market) - but they never do.

someone should poach Benson from them before the wreck him.

come to think of it - he's a Tyler - so get it done.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Such a weird team 

Only one or two injuries away from being a basket case of a team yet again!!!

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Lancaster said:

A bottom-6 player with size and puts up about 30 points per season.... I guess the Oilers decided that they only need Connor and Leon to fill out their roster.  

Heck, the Canucks have guys like that in their top-6, except perhaps for the size. Ask around, the more trollish elements here will tell you...

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Only one or two injuries away from being a basket case of a team yet again!!!

Either one of those guys get injured it’s over for them. I can see them missing the playoffs even with those guys playing 56 games lol. What are the gonna do run Kostinen into the ground. I’m mean they already have lol

8 hours ago, Lancaster said:

A bottom-6 player with size and puts up about 30 points per season.... I guess the Oilers decided that they only need Connor and Leon to fill out their roster.  

Sounds like Jake but we hate him here. Weird.

Edit: I became the very thing I swore to destroy and became the kind of poster that brings up Jake where he wasn't even mentioned. Where is that weird priest lady from Game of Thrones to shame me? Sorry pals. I let y'all down.

Edited by N7Nucks

54 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Sounds like Jake but we hate him here. Weird.

Edit: I became the very thing I swore to destroy and became the kind of poster that brings up Jake where he wasn't even mentioned. Where is that weird priest lady from Game of Thrones to shame me? Sorry pals. I let y'all down.

The difference is that Chiasson plays his role decently.  

JV on the other hand.... he doesn't play like a bottom-6 or a top-6.