The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hughes do we need him, hear me out

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

How the fk did I miss this thread lol

4/10, doesn't also slag on Petey/Green/Miller/Schmidt/Demko/Brock/etc or it could be a solid 5/10!

Try harder next time..

Or in short, YES - we do need Hughes - anyone who suggests he wasn't a steal in the draft is either slow, a troll, or both.

Support Hughes!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Getting the notion that fans in this city can't let go.

They want Gillis back.

They want Dahlen back.

Next thing you know they want Crawford back as head coach. 

Gillis actually accomplished a lot during his time as the GM. Never had a problem with him. When was the last time Canucks went to cup finals before Gillis? Some Canucks fans have really short term memory regarding his time here.

6 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Gillis actually accomplished a lot during his time as the GM. Never had a problem with him. When was the last time Canucks went to cup finals before Gillis? Some Canucks fans have really short term memory regarding his time here.

Before the finals, yes. After the finals, he was an abysmal GM. It's like the finals changed him.

I don't want Gillis because I don't know if we'd get the Gillis before or after those finals at this point. The fact that we got Horvat and Markstrom out of it might be the one saving grace, but Markstrom took years to get better and Horvat could have gone wrong like all of Gillis' other 1st round picks. To me, none of that excuses how the goalie situation was handled, and that's just one of the things that Gillis did poorly afterwards.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Except after he stripped the cupboards bare to get to those finals he stocked the cupboards with stale bread before getting canned. 

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Except after he stripped the cupboards bare to get to those finals he stocked the cupboards with stale bread before getting canned. 

Empty cupboards wouldn't have mattered had they won a cup.

What we need is  a GM who knows when to go all in, and he pounced on that rare opportunity.

1 minute ago, Quinn Skates said:

Empty cupboards wouldn't have mattered had they won a cup.

What we need is  a GM who knows when to go all in, and he pounced on that rare opportunity.

Completely irrelevant to the position we're in right now