The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

15 hours ago, The Lock said:

Except if you look at literally the top of your image, it says North American skaters. Here's the actual article with it: https://www.tsn.ca/2016-nhl-central-scouting-rankings-na-skaters-goaltenders-1.470328

So Laine's not even going to be on that list as he was playing in Finland. Neither is Matthews as he was playing in Switzerland. Juolevi IS on that list as he was playing in the OHL.

flat and fish is 100% correct unless if you're trying to say something else?

Now I expect a dozen of posts telling me why I'm wrong please. I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't happen. Don't threaten me with a good time. ;)

#priceless

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Seattle taking Jake is interesting.... leaves us with Holtby which is OK since Demko is starting to establish himself but he won't be getting a huge deal next year so the goalie money shouldn't be outrageous. Jake vs Myers - who do you take if you're Seattle? 

No idea!  Either is ok news for us!

49 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

I think it would be cool if Green suited up as a player-coach and forced Jake to play on his line to yell at him when he doesn't want to skate and hug him when he does well...!

Problem is, with Travis playing, Jake would be in the press box.

• RoughGame 1

I don’t know about you guys but does anyone else check all canucks and trade rumor online first thing in the morning to see if we traded this guy yet? I been doing that for the last month and wake up disappointed every single morning. Yes. First world problem i know. I dont understand how he can still have a smile on his face every game. I mean if you r not good at your job and u know u will be out of a job soon. I would be very worry and play my butt off every game. But not this guy. I dont see any urgency in his game at all. Its like he dont care at all.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Quinn Huges said:

I don’t know about you guys but does anyone else check all canucks and trade rumor online first thing in the morning to see if we traded this guy yet? I been doing that for the last month and wake up disappointed every single morning. Yes. First world problem i know. I dont understand how he can still have a smile on his face every game. I mean if you r not good at your job and u know u will be out of a job soon. I would be very worry and play my butt off every game. But not this guy. I dont see any urgency in his game at all. Its like he dont care at all.

If he was at all tradeable, we would have done it already!

He's a frustrating player to watch. There are flashes of the player he could be, but they only happen about 5 or 6 games apart. The rest of the time, he looks disinterested out there.

He's one of the fastest guys in the NHL. If he just drove to the net, every time he's on the ice, he'd probably be effective.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Holtby has a higher PPG than Jake

Omg. You are right. I just checked. This is getting ridiculous. And the worst part of it is he has no self awareness. He doesn’t realize he is not doing his job properly. He still think he is the king of Abbotsford or new west or wherever be is from. And everything is ok. Someone once said in a interview that the reason he is not improving its simply because he is not trying. I think thats pretty much sum it up. I really dont think he tries at all. He just take things for granted. His attitude is what peed everyone off. According to hockey db. Zack MacEwan only got 1 point too but i am totally fine and cool with it because i know he tries. I wish i can said the same thing about jake for god sake. 

34 minutes ago, Quinn Huges said:

Omg. You are right. I just checked. This is getting ridiculous. And the worst part of it is he has no self awareness. He doesn’t realize he is not doing his job properly. He still think he is the king of Abbotsford or new west or wherever be is from. And everything is ok. Someone once said in a interview that the reason he is not improving its simply because he is not trying. I think thats pretty much sum it up. I really dont think he tries at all. He just take things for granted. His attitude is what peed everyone off. According to hockey db. Zack MacEwan only got 1 point too but i am totally fine and cool with it because i know he tries. I wish i can said the same thing about jake for god sake. 

3 goalies this year with more points that POPGUN Jake

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Holtby has a higher PPG than Jake

Play Demko in Goal and put Holtby in jakes spot with full goalie equipment and sit Jake, may wake him up to do more?:rolleyes:

or, maybe put Jake in full goalie equipment so he will hit hard , and not worry about getting roughed up and stand in front of the opposition net?

Either way, can't hurt with those numbers :P

• Cheers 1