The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

The guys just look like they aren't hungry. Playing games where they do well on paper, but can't finish and as a result can't string together any wins against teams who aren't Ottawa. And those are their good games!! Too many players playing with all the drive and determination of Loui Eriksson. For all intents and purposes this season is a wash. Hopefully some bad contracts can be moved in the offseason, a lottery draft pick can be won, and whomever is tasked with righting the ship is able to do so. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Really really hoping Seattle takes Myers.

I liked Myers when we got him, was willing to look past the contract, but now that we've been through what we've been through... its hard not to look at him as just another one in a long list of Benning cap impediments. 

i agree with you, but here is what i am worried about

say Myers goes and Edler goes somewhere else.  Who is gonna play D here?   It can probably be figured out but im thinking I want someone else to do the decision making other than the current guy.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

OJ needs to play more than 10:32. Hughes Edler Myers all 23+ minutes tonight.

Green is still not using him on the PK either.

He could probably play 14-16 minutes a night right now without worrying about overexposing him.

In due time.

The good thing about Greener, is when he trusts your play, it’s never again a question.

That’s the hell Virtanen doesn’t have the capacity to get out of.

I think Juolevi is a couple of ridiculously awesome plays that makes the whole bench go woah that was insane.

Then he’s in.

But man is he something stable.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Agreed 

no clue how he was given the job thatt thats on JB .... same guy that hired Willie 

**************** POST of the MONTH **********************************

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

You can say they have good options, but the guy tasked to make that decision might disagree. Can't read Jim's mind on this one. 

Well if he doesn’t choose a new coach a new GM will be doing it for him.

He can’t think continuing with the status quo is going to inspire confidence from ownership.

I keep thinking that at this point the right things to do is to fire Benning. I think the players are more disgusting playing for him than for Green.

Hire a new GM, and let him decide what to do with Green.

Edited by ey40

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

Skipping the next game. Hope they win but wouldn’t bother me if they lost.

This team is so F ing lucky there aren’t fans in the stands. They can count their lucky stars. There would be jerseys thrown for sure 

Yeah it’s covid season. Who knows they could shut things down at any moment anyway. Wouldn’t surprise, so tired of everything 

Just now, 1-d said:

what a waste of young talents on this sad sack of a team.

Yeah, I was hoping to see Zach eat up some of Baileys minutes - 3:04 minutes of ice tonight, it must be frustrating for a young player to sit two periods and not know why he is sitting; I like his energy when he is on the ice...